... Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
LSL

Gold

Post by LSL » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:13 pm

Authors: Sanford Kadish, Stephen Schulhofer, and Professor Carol Steiker
Title: Criminal Law and Its Processes: Cases
and Materials, Ninth Ed. (2012)

I need this book for my crim law class. The 9th edition is about $170 used on Amazon, the 8th edition is $3 used on amazon. Anyone know if there is much of a difference in the editions? Thanks.
Last edited by LSL on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond

Re: Kadish Criminal Law Book Difference in Editions?

Post by 09042014 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:29 pm

TLS wrote:Authors: Sanford Kadish, Stephen Schulhofer, and Professor Carol Steiker

I need this book for my crim law class. The 9th edition is about $170 used on Amazon, the 8th edition is $3 used on amazon. Anyone know if there is much of a difference in the editions? Thanks.
For three bucks, I'd say just buy it and find out.

Sometimes amazon or google books had the table of cotnents. Check there.

LSL

Gold

Post by LSL » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
TLS wrote:Authors: Sanford Kadish, Stephen Schulhofer, and Professor Carol Steiker

Thanks. That was the answer I was leaning toward. Prof says if we use the older edition, we're responsible for any new material, but I'm willing to spend the $3 to see how close they are. If it's not a lot of new material, then fuck it. I'll check googlebooks too, good call.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:44 pm

TLS wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

Thanks. That was the answer I was leaning toward. Prof says if we use the older edition, we're responsible for any new material, but I'm willing to spend the $3 to see how close they are. If it's not a lot of new material, then fuck it. I'll check googlebooks too, good call.
I always buy old editions. It's never been a problem for me. Esp. for crim law, where there no huge new cases which change the BLL.

Photocopy a friends Table of Contents. See if there are cases you don't have, and if there are, just download them on westlaw for free.

LSL

Gold

Post by LSL » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:08 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
TLS wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

I always buy old editions. It's never been a problem for me. Esp. for crim law, where there no huge new cases which change the BLL.

Photocopy a friends Table of Contents. See if there are cases you don't have, and if there are, just download them on westlaw for free.
And with that logic, I'm sold. Just bought a cheap-ass book and saved a bunch of money. Many thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eerie_erie

Bronze

Post by eerie_erie » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:25 pm

I thought this was the newest version:

http://www.amazon.com/Criminal-Law-Its- ... 1454817550

I had Prof. Barkow (newest co-author) for Criminal Law, and she had us read whole chapters that were substantially different from the current version.

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:13 pm

We use kadish and it isn't that different. Your page numbers will be off but it's mostly an occasional notes case. I can only think of maybe 2 big cases from post 09 or w/e the 8th was

dannynoonan87

Bronze

Post by dannynoonan87 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:19 pm

2014 wrote:We use kadish and it isn't that different. Your page numbers will be off but it's mostly an occasional notes case. I can only think of maybe 2 big cases from post 09 or w/e the 8th was
Best supplement for Kadish? I also need to buy this book for this semester

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:38 pm

dannynoonan87 wrote:
2014 wrote:We use kadish and it isn't that different. Your page numbers will be off but it's mostly an occasional notes case. I can only think of maybe 2 big cases from post 09 or w/e the 8th was
Best supplement for Kadish? I also need to buy this book for this semester
We do quarters so haven't taken a final for it and I haven't bought a supplement. If I remember I'll ask around Monday.

dannynoonan87

Bronze

Re: ...

Post by dannynoonan87 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:09 pm

thanks 2014 I would appreciate it.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”