Finding potential spouse in law school? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Hoocheez

New

Finding potential spouse in law school?

Post by Hoocheez » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:15 am

This is a serious question and I would hope for serious responses. How difficult is it to spark a relationship in law school, assuming your decent looking and you're moderately charismatic? Does it depend on your school? Any advice on how to go about putting myself "on the market" in law school? From your experiences, do many people come to law school married already or in relationships? Any comments or thoughts are appreciated.

ChikaBoom

Platinum

Re: Finding potential spouse in law school?

Post by ChikaBoom » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:55 am

Welcome to TLS, THE premier dating website for law students! We take our job very seriously.

First, I commend you for selecting a name that accurately reflects your outlook on life and law school. Being straightforward with potential suitors will dramatically increase your chances of finding the love and attention you seek. You're not done yet, though. It is not enough to merely 'assume' that you are decent looking. You must picwhore and time is of the essence. There will be a full review process by our resident fugfilter, Desert Fox. Additionally, your 'moderate' charisma will be put to the test by our Arbiter of Turds, Esq., F7.

Following the completion of these tests, we will reccomend different potential suitors based on our patented SnatchMatch technology. Act quickly, and you might not even need to worry about going to law school yourself! TLS prides itself on creating many hookups, relationships, and even a marriage. You decide and we provide.

Don't forget to join our Christmas Dilder of the Month club!

We're glad you're here.

bigbang

New

Post by bigbang » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:55 am

A lot of people are already married or in a relationship, but many of those seem to be long distance. There are already many couples in my section/across sections so I think it's pretty easy to find someone to date if you want to.

DCDuck

Bronze

Post by DCDuck » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 am

I did, and I'm not alone. But you probably shouldn't look at law school as a great dating opportunity or an expensive MRS. degree. And break ups in school, especially in section can be bad for everyone, and not just the ex-couple.

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:09 am

At my school, I'd say more than half were in a serious relationship before they came to law school. I do know of a handful of couples across sections or years though, so it's definitely possible to find someone to date.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:17 am

Hoocheez wrote:This is a serious question and I would hope for serious responses. How difficult is it to spark a relationship in law school, assuming your decent looking and you're moderately charismatic? Does it depend on your school? Any advice on how to go about putting myself "on the market" in law school? From your experiences, do many people come to law school married already or in relationships? Any comments or thoughts are appreciated.
Assuming you're a guy....

As long as you avoid the ultra-competitive, corporate lawyer wannabes, you should be fine.

Volunteering is a good way to meet the right kind of girl/woman...

But if you're a girl... all you need to do is let it be known you are available... if you're good looking and sweet you should have plenty of good choices.

typ3

Silver

Post by typ3 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:50 pm

Rising 2L at my law school..

Went to law school with a serious LTR. Broke up with her. Started dating a classmate. Now engaged to the classmate. Just bought a house for after graduation with the classmate and we are getting married this summer.

It's probably an extreme example because she is from a town of 800 that is 15 minutes outside of my home city of 250k in a rural state and I normally tend to be more decisive than the average person out there. Not to mention our combined graduating debt from law school will be under 5k due to us both having full ride scholarships for both undergrad and law school.
Last edited by typ3 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Danteshek wrote:
Hoocheez wrote:This is a serious question and I would hope for serious responses. How difficult is it to spark a relationship in law school, assuming your decent looking and you're moderately charismatic? Does it depend on your school? Any advice on how to go about putting myself "on the market" in law school? From your experiences, do many people come to law school married already or in relationships? Any comments or thoughts are appreciated.

As long as you avoid the ultra-competitive, corporate lawyer wannabes, you should be fine.

But if you're a girl... all you need to do is let it be known you are available... if you're good looking and sweet you should have plenty of good choices.
This is completely irrelevant but why would you think that law students aspiring to work for corporations are any less "ultra-competitive" than those wanting to work for the government or some public interest group?

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Who the fuck wants to date, much less marry, a law student?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:14 pm

I would rather slit my wrists the long way and bleed to death than marry any of my classmates.

Blessedassurance

Gold

Post by Blessedassurance » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:15 pm

dextermorgan wrote:Who the fuck wants to date, much less marry, a law student?
Credited question.

Why any two heavily indebted, predominantly aspie, insecure, mental cases, with diminishing job prospects (to varying degrees), and the propensity and some ability to at least research how to sue would want to marry each other is mind-boggling.

This is a shitshow waiting to happen.
Last edited by Blessedassurance on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:16 pm

The assburgers that lead you to make this thread leads me to believe that no you will not find your spouse in law school.

Jimbo_Jones

Bronze

Post by Jimbo_Jones » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Your mom. Ask her about how we reenacted McPherson v. McPherson.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Danteshek

Gold

Post by Danteshek » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Mce252 wrote:
Danteshek wrote:

This is completely irrelevant but why would you think that law students aspiring to work for corporations are any less "ultra-competitive" than those wanting to work for the government or some public interest group?

Put it this way. Would rather have a female corporate lawyer look after your children? Or a public interest lawyer?

Thought so.

Maybe it doesn't work every time, but it's not a bad rule of thumb.

Or maybe I should have said "ultra-competitive with men"

Mce252

Silver

Post by Mce252 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:07 pm

Danteshek wrote:
Mce252 wrote:
Danteshek wrote:

Put it this way. Would rather have a female corporate lawyer look after your children? Or a public interest lawyer?

Thought so.

Maybe it doesn't work every time, but it's not a bad rule of thumb.

Or maybe I should have said "ultra-competitive with men"
Female corporate lawyer for sure. She can pay the bills. And I don't want Sandra Fluke anywhere near my children.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:22 pm

Jimbo_Jones wrote:
So you fucked my mom and were surprised when you got a STD? Lol.

Jimbo_Jones

Bronze

Post by Jimbo_Jones » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:56 pm

dextermorgan wrote:
Jimbo_Jones wrote:
Oh come on. The dude gave the chick the STD. Why do you have to be such a buzzkill

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:10 pm

Jimbo_Jones wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:
Jimbo_Jones wrote:
Oh come on. The dude gave the chick the STD. Why do you have to be such a buzzkill
Lol, if only you knew my mom.

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:34 pm

would love to find me a female corporate lawyer in law school.

ya'll be crazy if you want something different

ain't no body want someone who can't hold their own (I don't mean financially)

noimsayin?
Last edited by sinfiery on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:37 pm

rad lulz wrote:The assburgers that lead you to make this thread leads me to believe that no you will not find your spouse in law school.

nickb285

Silver

Post by nickb285 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:23 am

Last edited by nickb285 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 am

You probably could find a future spouse, but why would you want to?

PickledPanda

Bronze

Post by PickledPanda » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 am

sinfiery wrote:would love to find me a female corporate lawyer in law school.

ya'll be crazy if you want something different

ain't no body want someone who can't hold their own (I don't mean financially)

noimsayin?

DougieFresh

New

Post by DougieFresh » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:20 am

Tom Joad wrote:You probably could find a future spouse, but why would you want to?
This.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”