In at NYU Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
neonx

Silver

Re: In at NYU

Post by neonx » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:45 am

I just withdrew my RTK offer. Long conversations with family and loved ones convinced me that I would regret other options. Good-luck to those who are still waiting for word.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:49 am

neonx wrote:I just withdrew my RTK offer. Long conversations with family and loved ones convinced me that I would regret other options. Good-luck to those who are still waiting for word.
I'm sorry to hear that, but best of luck! I can't say I blame you (in fact I think you'd be crazy to come to NYU with your other options). Your cycle has been quite impressive and you have a LOT to be proud of. I hope you're as successful in law school as you have been in the law school application process!

neonx

Silver

Post by neonx » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:53 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
neonx wrote:I just withdrew my RTK offer. Long conversations with family and loved ones convinced me that I would regret other options. Good-luck to those who are still waiting for word.
I'm sorry to hear that, but best of luck! I can't say I blame you (in fact I think you'd be crazy to come to NYU with your other options). Your cycle has been quite impressive and you have a LOT to be proud of. I hope you're as successful in law school as you have been in the law school application process!
This means a lot. Thanks, birdlaw117! It has been four days of torment deliberating this.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:56 am

neonx wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
This means a lot. Thanks, birdlaw117! It has been four days of torment deliberating this.
I can believe it, but it's quite the privilege to have to make that decision. Everything you've said sounds like you put everything you had into this process and worked tremendously hard for it. You earned it. Take care.

mst

Silver

Post by mst » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:01 am

What did you end up deciding on?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cucullu

Bronze

Post by cucullu » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:08 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
neonx wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
I can believe it, but it's quite the privilege to have to make that decision. Everything you've said sounds like you put everything you had into this process and worked tremendously hard for it. You earned it. Take care.
For sure. Even reading your notes on the application process in your profile is impressive. You take those killer organizational gettin' things done skillz to law school and prosper sir. Congrats and good luck!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:01 am

Completely agree with what everyone else said! <3 you neonx, and I know you'll do AMAZING things in law school and beyond!!!

ChriLa425

Bronze

Post by ChriLa425 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:38 am

Well neonx as sorry as I am that you won´t be adding your mad organizational skills to my classes next year, I think you clearly have fantastic options and a very bright future. Best of luck wherever you decide to attend!!!

somewhere

Bronze

Post by somewhere » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:53 am

dot wrote:Got confirmed no RTK today but over 100k offer... Still think it was really the program and not the money of the root that made NYU an option for me. Looks like I'll free up this money pretty soon. Probably.
Ah, I'm really sorry. I don't know if we met at the interviews or during the weekend, but I was pulling for you on here. Congrats on Yale, though. Even though I want all awesome PI people to go to NYU with or without the Root, you've obviously got some great options. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ChriLa425

Bronze

Post by ChriLa425 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:54 am

so what are the attendees doing for housing? the dorms just seem ridiculous to me, I´ve been looking online and in the East Village you can get nicer stuff for the same price, and it´s really not far. I really don´t want to live in dorms again.

somewhere

Bronze

Post by somewhere » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:54 am

Well, enjoy that California weather! And good luck!

somewhere

Bronze

Post by somewhere » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:57 am

ChriLa425 wrote:so what are the attendees doing for housing? the dorms just seem ridiculous to me, I´ve been looking online and in the East Village you can get nicer stuff for the same price, and it´s really not far. I really don´t want to live in dorms again.
Not sure yet, but I have a wife and grown-up furniture and am not crazy about the prospect of even their "family housing," so we'll be looking around. Everyone tells me Brooklyn is the place to go, and subway access is easy, so that's one place to investigate. Probably will have to get rid of some furniture before moving, though, either way, which is a bummer.

HG2014

New

Post by HG2014 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:01 am

I'm in the same boat- have a husband and lots of furniture. We're thinking Brooklyn, East Village, Gramercy, Upper East Side...pretty much anywhere you can get a one-bedroom for $1800 and under. It's going to be a challenge!

And by "one-bedroom" I of course mean shoebox.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:04 am

ChriLa425 wrote:so what are the attendees doing for housing? the dorms just seem ridiculous to me, I´ve been looking online and in the East Village you can get nicer stuff for the same price, and it´s really not far. I really don´t want to live in dorms again.
Def looking in east village as well. Also looking more downtown too. Trying to stay under $1800 though too as HG said. I wouldn't mind a studio

ChriLa425

Bronze

Post by ChriLa425 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:25 am

Yeah for a family it´s more complicated I imagine. I´m trying to convince my sister to move with me, I just think 2-bedrooms feel less cramped.

I´m on the fence about Brooklyn, I´d like the extra space but I like walking/biking to class. That´s also my hesitation about uptown.

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:12 pm

HG2014 wrote:I'm in the same boat- have a husband and lots of furniture. We're thinking Brooklyn, East Village, Gramercy, Upper East Side...pretty much anywhere you can get a one-bedroom for $1800 and under. It's going to be a challenge!

Psst...Brooklyn is your friend.

Edit: Live in Cobble Hill and bike to the law school, which is what I'm going to be doing if I end up at NYU.

Also, I will totally never end up biking, but its the thought that counts!

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:15 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
HG2014 wrote:I'm in the same boat- have a husband and lots of furniture. We're thinking Brooklyn, East Village, Gramercy, Upper East Side...pretty much anywhere you can get a one-bedroom for $1800 and under. It's going to be a challenge!

TBF, Brooklyn kinda sucks. So much easier/better living in Manhattan. I mean obviously yeah it costs ridiculously more, but yeah

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:18 pm

cost of living in greenwich village is included in the amount of loans we can take out, right? so everyone get awesome expensive housing, put in on your loans, do PI and get it all paid back for free!

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:20 pm

thecilent wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:

TBF, Brooklyn kinda sucks. So much easier/better living in Manhattan. I mean obviously yeah it costs ridiculously more, but yeah
Oh man you just started some shit.

If someone is considering UES, than no, Brooklyn is MUCH MUCH MUCH easier and the quality of life is MUCH MUCH MUCH better.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:23 pm

haha Okay okay we don't have to get into it. I agree it's a good option for some people. I just would not live there

mcweanis

Bronze

Post by mcweanis » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:24 pm

is it possible/horrible to bike across the brooklyn bridge? campus is only about 4 miles from cobble hill ish area, and i bike 3.5 miles to work every day now anyway

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:26 pm

thecilent wrote:haha Okay okay we don't have to get into it. I agree it's a good option for some people. I just would not live there
I was kidding, haha! :P

I tend to evangelize Brooklyn pretty hardcore all over these boards (see the beginning of the NYU 2014 thread) and I can understand why people want to stay closer, but if people are going to go further away in Manhattan just to stay in Manhattan rather than living in Brooklyn Heights/Wburg/Clinton Hill, that I can't really understand.

I wish I could move back in with my parents for law school (West Village ftw) but that would be bad, bad, bad for my sanity.
is it possible/horrible to bike across the brooklyn bridge? campus is only about 4 miles from cobble hill ish area, and i bike 3.5 miles to work every day now anyway
I have friends who do it, not to NYU but to work in that area.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/html/bicycl ... maps.shtml

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:30 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
thecilent wrote:haha Okay okay we don't have to get into it. I agree it's a good option for some people. I just would not live there
I was kidding, haha!

I tend to evangelize Brooklyn pretty hardcore all over these boards (see the beginning of the NYU 2014 thread) and I can understand why people want to stay closer, but if people are going to go further away in Manhattan just to stay in Manhattan rather than living in Brooklyn Heights/Wburg/Clinton Hill, that I can't really understand
I can understand it if they like manhattan and love where they live.

West village is legit. I would never be able to live with parents either though haha

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:31 pm

thecilent wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
I was kidding, haha!

I tend to evangelize Brooklyn pretty hardcore all over these boards (see the beginning of the NYU 2014 thread) and I can understand why people want to stay closer, but if people are going to go further away in Manhattan just to stay in Manhattan rather than living in Brooklyn Heights/Wburg/Clinton Hill, that I can't really understand
I can understand it if they like manhattan and love where they live.

West village is legit. I would never be able to live with parents either though haha
That's true, I hate the UES though so I guess I'm biased. :lol: :lol:

Ratchet Jackson

Gold

Post by Ratchet Jackson » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Tagging because I was unaware that there were two 'In at NYU' groups.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”