ASU v UO v UC??? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which School?

University of Oregon
17%
University of Colorado
50%
Arizona State University
33%

Total votes: 6

Pronkbaggins

New

ASU v UO v UC???

Post by Pronkbaggins » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:40 am

I'm trying to decide between ASU, University of Oregon, and University of Colorado. I'm leaning towards University of Colorado right now but I'd like to get some input from people. I've been wait listed at the U of A as well, but I don't know if ASU or U of A are better schools to go to in terms of employment.

Any feedback is appreciated!

DCDuck

Bronze

Re: ASU v UO v UC???

Post by DCDuck » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:34 pm

Those are all regional schools. Where do you want to practice? Where do you have ties? If you have ties in one of the regions, you could try going to another, so that you can generate ties in two markets. Otherwise, go to the school in the region where you would like to practice.

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:39 pm

After looking at the class of 2009 employment data mega thread on tls.com, I would say pick where you want to be. None of those schools are worth a lot of debt (lot of debt = more than $75,000).

Pronkbaggins

New

Post by Pronkbaggins » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:54 pm

DCDuck wrote:Those are all regional schools. Where do you want to practice? Where do you have ties? If you have ties in one of the regions, you could try going to another, so that you can generate ties in two markets. Otherwise, go to the school in the region where you would like to practice.
I have ties in Arizona but I am alright with practicing in any of the three states. I think I want to practice in Colorado most, though. Thanks for the advice!

Pronkbaggins

New

Post by Pronkbaggins » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:After looking at the class of 2009 employment data mega thread on tls.com, I would say pick where you want to be. None of those schools are worth a lot of debt (lot of debt = more than $75,000).
You're right. I'm still waiting to hear from Colorado financial aid, but hopefully either way I won't be in more than $75,000 debt if I can structure this correctly. Thanks for the help!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”