Can I raise my LSAT score at least 10 points in 6 weeks? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
scrantonkr

New

Can I raise my LSAT score at least 10 points in 6 weeks?

Post by scrantonkr » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Last edited by scrantonkr on Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Smith

New

Re: Can I raise my LSAT score at least 10 points in 6 weeks?

Post by Mr. Smith » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:00 pm

Maybe it's possible. Lot of variables though, like study habits, ability to retain info, finding techniques that work for you, etc. etc. etc.

RC is the hardest of the three to improve on, so you're going to have to work your ass off, though.

Also, if you're going to only do 12 preptests, I would order the twelve most recent pts and not do the ones in the older book of ten, IMO.

Either way, good luck to you, scranton.

Columbia Law

Bronze

Post by Columbia Law » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:01 pm

What do you want to hear? Yes? Take a test and stop being so insecure.

theZeigs

Bronze

Post by theZeigs » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:27 pm

scrantonkr wrote:Hi! I was originally planning to take the LSAT in the fall, but I recently decided that it would be better for me to take it in June. That means I have about six weeks to study. I took my first diagnostic test today without ever looking at the LSAT before, and I got a 161. I got 4 wrong on each LR section, 5 wrong on the LG, and 7 wrong on the RC. I just ordered a book of previous LSATs and a few PowerScore Bibles. How can I raise my score to at least a 171 by the June LSAT? I plan to take 12 more pracitce tests and try to work through all three of the bibles. Any other advice? Think it's possible? Thanks!
Columbia Law wrote:What do you want to hear? Yes? Take a test and stop being so insecure.
RC FAIL

You can definitely do it, though it's a difficult 10 points (i.e. not like going from 131 to 141). You need to get 1-2 less wrong on LR, 3-4 less wrong on games, and 1-3 less wrong on RC. This is approximately proportionate to the difficulty in improving in these sections. 161 is a good diagnostic, congrats!

Columbia Law

Bronze

Post by Columbia Law » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:05 am

theZeigs wrote:
scrantonkr wrote:Hi! I was originally planning to take the LSAT in the fall, but I recently decided that it would be better for me to take it in June. That means I have about six weeks to study. I took my first diagnostic test today without ever looking at the LSAT before, and I got a 161. I got 4 wrong on each LR section, 5 wrong on the LG, and 7 wrong on the RC. I just ordered a book of previous LSATs and a few PowerScore Bibles. How can I raise my score to at least a 171 by the June LSAT? I plan to take 12 more pracitce tests and try to work through all three of the bibles. Any other advice? Think it's possible? Thanks!
Columbia Law wrote:What do you want to hear? Yes? Take a test and stop being so insecure.
RC FAIL

You can definitely do it, though it's a difficult 10 points (i.e. not like going from 131 to 141). You need to get 1-2 less wrong on LR, 3-4 less wrong on games, and 1-3 less wrong on RC. This is approximately proportionate to the difficulty in improving in these sections. 161 is a good diagnostic, congrats!

How is that RC Fail? I got a 174 on my LSAT; What did you get to be saying "RC Fail" to me? Take an LSAT (a real one) and stop asking questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BigA

Bronze

Post by BigA » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:10 am

If you have only six weeks, I don't think you should spend that time on reading the RC Bible. I am only basing this on what I've heard about that book not being that helpful. I'd read LG and LR Bibles and do as many PTs a you can

dutchstriker

Bronze

Post by dutchstriker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:24 am

Columbia Law wrote:
theZeigs wrote:
RC FAIL

How is that RC Fail? I got a 174 on my LSAT; What did you get to be saying "RC Fail" to me? Take an LSAT (a real one) and stop asking questions.
I got a 180; no one is allowed to talk to or criticize me unless they receive my express written consent beforehand.

Mr. Smith

New

Post by Mr. Smith » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:16 am

dutchstriker wrote: I got a 180; no one is allowed to talk to or criticize me unless they receive my express written consent beforehand.
Oh, ya?

Well you don't talk to him that way because he drives a Dodge Stratus. A DODGE STRATUS!!!

dutchstriker

Bronze

Post by dutchstriker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:19 am

Mr. Smith wrote:
dutchstriker wrote: I got a 180; no one is allowed to talk to or criticize me unless they receive my express written consent beforehand.
Oh, ya?

Well you don't talk to him that way because he drives a Dodge Stratus. A DODGE STRATUS!!!
You don't talk to me like that! I am a Division Manager! I can do 100 push-ups in 20 minutes!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”