Stanford 2010!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Amelie

Silver

Re: Stanford 2010!!!

Post by Amelie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:25 pm

Kronk wrote:
Amelie wrote:I'm spending 5 days in SF around Berkeley's ASW, and I was thinking of making a visit to Stanford. It's probably too late at that point, but any chance it could give me a small boost since I'd be showing more interest?
There's nothing to see at Palo Alto Technical Institute.
At the least I get to check out a new [strike]town[/strike] over-hyped suburb

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:49 am

It's Friday...

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:52 am

Amelie wrote:
Kronk wrote:
Amelie wrote:I'm spending 5 days in SF around Berkeley's ASW, and I was thinking of making a visit to Stanford. It's probably too late at that point, but any chance it could give me a small boost since I'd be showing more interest?
I don't see any way it could hurt. You should email a faculty member who shares some interests of yours and see if they'd meet you for coffee. I've done this at a few places and gotten favorable responses (even before being admitted) and the faculty I've spoken to at SLS seem like the type that would readily sit down for a quick chat.

skynet

Bronze

Post by skynet » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:51 pm

Kretzy wrote:
Amelie wrote:
Kronk wrote:
I don't see any way it could hurt. You should email a faculty member who shares some interests of yours and see if they'd meet you for coffee. I've done this at a few places and gotten favorable responses (even before being admitted) and the faculty I've spoken to at SLS seem like the type that would readily sit down for a quick chat.
Weird thing about this: I did this with prof's from both SLS and HLS. Got great responses from the HLS dudes, but ignored by the SLS ones. My interactions with these places have been the exact opposites of both stereotypes.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:53 pm

skynet wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
Amelie wrote:
Weird thing about this: I did this with prof's from both SLS and HLS. Got great responses from the HLS dudes, but ignored by the SLS ones. My interactions with these places have been the exact opposites of both stereotypes.
I haven't had any interaction with Harvard, but I've gotten great responses across the board from faculty; I can't think of a school where this hasn't been true (throughout a smattering of the T20).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

skynet

Bronze

Post by skynet » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:05 pm

Kretzy wrote:
skynet wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
Amelie wrote:
I haven't had any interaction with Harvard, but I've gotten great responses across the board from faculty; I can't think of a school where this hasn't been true (throughout a smattering of the T20).
Yeah, I would be really surprised if someone did not respond. I guess that's why it sort of weirds me out that I haven't gotten a response from the SLS prof I wrote to. Maybe he is away? Maybe he hates me?

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:15 pm

skynet wrote: Yeah, I would be really surprised if someone did not respond. I guess that's why it sort of weirds me out that I haven't gotten a response from the SLS prof I wrote to. Maybe he is away? Maybe he hates me?
could be just that prof. Perhaps you should try a different one.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:40 pm

I think its fair to say that the SLS admissions office was on vacation this week... Not a word of any acceptances or rejections. Gah, I hate waiting.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:10 pm

adameus wrote:I think its fair to say that the SLS admissions office was on vacation this week... Not a word of any acceptances or rejections. Gah, I hate waiting.
Well, it is Stanford spring break. Not that that is really any excuse.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bloodonthetracks

Bronze

Post by bloodonthetracks » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:23 pm

adameus wrote:I think its fair to say that the SLS admissions office was on vacation this week... Not a word of any acceptances or rejections. Gah, I hate waiting.
someone recently posted a 3-24 rejection on LSN

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:25 pm

bloodonthetracks wrote:
someone recently posted a 3-24 rejection on LSN
it was probably mailed last week.

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Kretzy wrote:
Amelie wrote:
Kronk wrote:
Thanks! I'll definitely try it out.

jsoell

New

Post by jsoell » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:32 pm

For those of us who won´t be making it to ASW, here´s a repost of the link to the webcam of the construction of the new building. It´s generally more interesting than watching paint dry, by which I mean that I find it more interesting to occasionally see somebody joltingly walk past in the fluorescent vest and hardhat.

--LinkRemoved--

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bayareadunks

New

Post by bayareadunks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Probably doesn't come as a surprise, but I got the rejection letter in the mail yesterday. Short and not so sweet.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:44 pm

bayareadunks wrote:Probably doesn't come as a surprise, but I got the rejection letter in the mail yesterday. Short and not so sweet.
Sorry :(

smov_operator

Bronze

Post by smov_operator » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Core wrote:
bayareadunks wrote:Probably doesn't come as a surprise, but I got the rejection letter in the mail yesterday. Short and not so sweet.
That's always a bummer. Good luck wherever you end up attending.

bayareadunks

New

Post by bayareadunks » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:01 pm

smov_operator wrote:
Core wrote:
That's always a bummer. Good luck wherever you end up attending.
Thanks a lot! Maybe they knew I would secretly still be a Cal Bear at heart.

It wouldn't have worked out...lol.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RealTalk

New

Post by RealTalk » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:33 pm

does Stanford send an email to admits before they call to accept them?

or do they just call you and if you do miss the call how will you know when your accepted?

thx

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:35 pm

RealTalk wrote:does Stanford send an email to admits before they call to accept them?
yes, they e-mail you to inform you that your materials are "complete"

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:36 pm

wtf I have to physically mail in this independence test thing? Who does things in the real world anymore?

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:36 pm

Herb Watchfell wrote:
RealTalk wrote:does Stanford send an email to admits before they call to accept them?
yes, they e-mail you to inform you that your materials are "complete"
Keep in mind that this can takes weeks, even months.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

smov_operator

Bronze

Post by smov_operator » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:43 pm

tomhobbes wrote:wtf I have to physically mail in this independence test thing? Who does things in the real world anymore?

I emailed mine without any trouble.

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:43 pm

tomhobbes wrote:wtf I have to physically mail in this independence test thing? Who does things in the real world anymore?
only a school like STTTanford would demand proof of severed umbilical cord.

clyde_barrow

New

Post by clyde_barrow » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:07 pm

SLS folks told me i could fax them mine.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:21 am

or do they just call you and if you do miss the call how will you know when your accepted?

thx
Faye will call you; if you don't pick up, she sends you an email.

What is an independence test??

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”