IN @ UC DAVIS!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fluffy

New

Re: IN @ UC DAVIS!!

Post by fluffy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:14 am

luckygehrig wrote:
LACatholic wrote:I saw via the status checker that I got in (and then logged into the admitted students website). It took about a week to receive my acceptance letter from Davis. I'm 3.56/158.

I had no idea about the Admitted Student's site. Thanks for pointing that out.
when did you go complete?

MrSmith

New

Post by MrSmith » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:46 am

I got my acceptance letter last night. I currently live in the northeast, and at the bottom of my letter, the dean wrote "It was 70° here today!"

fluffy

New

Post by fluffy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:07 pm

MrSmith wrote:I got my acceptance letter last night. I currently live in the northeast, and at the bottom of my letter, the dean wrote "It was 70° here today!"
Congrats and complete dates please!

Amplified

New

Post by Amplified » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:17 pm

Davis is seriously taking forever and a day.

ChrisCiolko

New

Post by ChrisCiolko » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:31 pm

For real. I applied 1/2 and I'm still not even "complete". I got accepted at Hastings about a week ago, so I'm not even sure if I really want to pursue Davis. But I'd still like to know.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:41 pm

Amplified wrote:Davis is seriously taking forever and a day.
Agreed. I really just want them to hurry up and let me know. In fact, time to make the rounds of status checkers.

luckygehrig

New

Post by luckygehrig » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:47 pm

/
Last edited by luckygehrig on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amplified

New

Post by Amplified » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Hastings seems to be way ahead of them this cycle and that can't be good for them. I applied to both, I'm in at Hastings, and I'm already thinking about moving on.

Pilaf Rocket

New

Post by Pilaf Rocket » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Congrats to all those who got in. I'm still "in process" and have been for almost a month. Taking forever...

I did my undergrad at Davis, if anyone has questions (where to live/social life/etc) feel free to ask here or PM.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Amplified

New

Post by Amplified » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:49 pm

How is the social life?

kimins

New

Post by kimins » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:02 pm

Amplified wrote:How is the social life?

my lil sis goes there for undergrad...social life I think from visiting her is like any other undergrad....sac is 20 mins away and bay area (depending on traffic) is 1-1.5 hours away..downtown davis is cute and a good place to go on a date or out with friends....it's just a big quant college town...and for most places, it's what you make of it!

afx

New

Post by afx » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:33 pm

LACatholic wrote:I saw via the status checker that I got in (and then logged into the admitted students website). It took about a week to receive my acceptance letter from Davis. I'm 3.56/158.
Are you a URM? If not, this seriously gives hope to me where before I had none.

Splitt3r

Bronze

Post by Splitt3r » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:35 pm

I can answer any questions people have about Davis. It's a great town.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Splitt3r wrote:I can answer any questions people have about Davis. It's a great town.
1. Have you heard back from them or are they making you wait too?

2. Why is Woodstock's so expensive?

3. If I go to UCD Law, will my dog (who btw is part coyote) catch and kill one of the ducks on campus?

4. If #3 = "Yes," Then will I get in trouble for it somehow?

deliciouspork

New

Post by deliciouspork » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:10 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
It's not so bad if you split it, plus they have student discounts and coupons. My roommates and I used to go once a week for pizza and beer.

Splitt3r

Bronze

Post by Splitt3r » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:07 am

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
Splitt3r wrote:I can answer any questions people have about Davis. It's a great town.
1. Have you heard back from them or are they making you wait too?

3. If I go to UCD Law, will my dog (who btw is part coyote) catch and kill one of the ducks on campus?

4. If #3 = "Yes," Then will I get in trouble for it somehow?
1. Wait, though I just went complete two weeks ago.

2. I think it's because they're the best known pizza place in town and thus all of the freshman and out-of-town people go there. They also do a lot of fundraisers and offer a student discount, so they probably price that in. Steve's is vastly superior pizza and is a tiny bit cheaper.

3. Have not met your dog, but I've seen her, and as the ducks around Davis are super fat and slow, so I'd be willing to bet yes. The law school is right across the street from the aboretum/pond area too, so the chances will be frequent. It's also possible she will catch one of the fat-ass squirrels that run around campus.

4. If you made a habit out of it perhaps, but I don't think once would really hurt anything. To be safe though, I'd go to the areas where there aren't kids walking around all the time to try it out, so not the aforementioned pond. I imagine parents will not be happy with their offspring being scarred for life by witnessing a ducky getting it's guts ripped out. This might lead to some trouble where there would otherwise be none.

Note: There's a place a half-block from campus that sells two microbrew pints for $5. Definitely the best place to get beer in town outside of pint night.

ChrisCiolko

New

Post by ChrisCiolko » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:46 am

Thanks for the inside info from people who've actually lived in Davis.

Here's a question:
If you could start over and decide between Davis and UC Hastings right now, would you stick with Davis? Why or why not?

I was recently accepted to Hastings (stil waiting on Davis) but the high COL is starting to freak me out and I'd like to be able to keep my car, which would be much easier/cheaper in Davis than SF.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

emoticons777

Bronze

Post by emoticons777 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Question:
How long (for those who have decisions) were you in the "under evaluation" stage?

CWF V

New

Post by CWF V » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:53 pm

Went complete 11/13.
Decision 12/24.

From what I've gathered, it seems that complete dates after mid-November take longer for decision rendered.

Splitt3r

Bronze

Post by Splitt3r » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:23 pm

ChrisCiolko wrote:Thanks for the inside info from people who've actually lived in Davis.

Here's a question:
If you could start over and decide between Davis and UC Hastings right now, would you stick with Davis? Why or why not?

I was recently accepted to Hastings (stil waiting on Davis) but the high COL is starting to freak me out and I'd like to be able to keep my car, which would be much easier/cheaper in Davis than SF.
Note that if you're concerned about high CoL, having a car in SF is not an option. Street parking is practically non-existant, as a rule is in the ghetto where your car has a decent chance of getting jacked, and is subject to various random rules that will result in you getting your car towed over/under of two times during your time there. If you want to pay for parking in a garage you're looking at paying at least an extra $300 or so a month.

Setting aside the car thing for a moment, Hastings and Davis are very different places and I thikn most people have a pretty clear feeling as to which one is for them. Because of this, students at each school are going to almost as a rule tell you that they made the right choice when picking to go to one or the other.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:34 pm

Splitter would you mind walking over to the law building and asking someone what the holdup is on my app?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

deliciouspork

New

Post by deliciouspork » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:17 pm

After over three years as an under here at Davis I would probably opt for Hastings because of its city life. Davis certainly has its charm, but it does get boring after so many years... and it's good have a change of pace.
emoticons777 wrote:Question:
How long (for those who have decisions) were you in the "under evaluation" stage?
I was complete around Thanksgiving, accepted (via statuschecker) 12/23.

jibstir13

New

Post by jibstir13 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:25 am

It seems like there is another 3-4 week wait after going complete.

stevededalus

New

Post by stevededalus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:49 am

I think there's a difference between being complete and being under evaluation. In my case, almost two and a half months elapsed between my app going complete and going under evaluation, according to their status checker. I'd also like to know how long people were under evaluation before receiving a decision.

jibstir13

New

Post by jibstir13 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:44 am

i overlooked that there is another step from awaiting evaluation to under evaluation.

so what is the wait for going from awaiting to under?..

i hope not another month!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”