3.85/165 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
chenelle1029

New

3.85/165

Post by chenelle1029 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:42 pm

I don't know where to apply !!!
What are my chances to get into T14 schools? :?:

My LSAT hasn't come out but I am somewhere between 163 and 167. I am taking it again but don't know if I can really improve.

My undergrad is T5 school in the country... I am in top 5% of my class, not sure how I could even get a better GPA with how competitive grading is. My resume is strong but I am straight out of undergrad.

Basically my LSAT is awful but the rest is super strong now I am not sure where this puts me. :evil:

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: 3.85/165

Post by crazywafflez » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:11 am

Hey,

You are in the right place! But also take a look at mylsn and plug your numbers in and see how other folks have done.
Your GPA is good- I'm not sure what weight they'll give you for big top 5% of your T5 class, I'm sure it'll be a slight boost. But they'd be just as happy taking someone with a 4.0 from Ole Miss as they would a Stanford grad with a 3.8 (I'm not fully sure on this at all, so take it with a grain of salt; but it really is a numbers game).
A 165 bars you effectively from any T6. I would maybe take my shot at the lower T14 (I had similar scores to you and attempted for UVA, Duke, Cornell, and one other I'm forgetting- I didn't get any bites in the T14, but some in the T20). I think you may have a shot at Gtown through WashU but I still think these will be tough, so def apply to all of them and see where the chips fall (obviously, look at geographic range cause even though Vandy or UT or UCLA can place in other locations it is tough to leave the region). I think you are a safe pick up for USC/WashU through the T1s. I think you will get a solid scholly at bottom T1 schools and T2 schools. Pick a region/state you want to practice in and go on to the best offer you get.
If you are biglaw or bust though especially in NYC or DC or whatever, you need to retake and get your score to a 167 to open doors to the T14. A few more points would be a really big difference for you. Even if you get into WashU, or heck, even Vandy or UCLA, I'm not sure the package you'll receive will be worth it. Come back at them with a higher score and you'll get a better package. Think of it as each point opening up a new school or adding 10k on for a scholarship or more.
Best of luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”