Advise to get into HYS Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BLawSchoolZ

New

Advise to get into HYS

Post by BLawSchoolZ » Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:42 am

178 LSAT with a 4.0 GPA from UVA, majoring in Polsci. Decent softs (i.e. judicial internships, Big Law internship; U of Oxford research; law-related clubs; etc.). Any advise on applying to Harvard, Yale, and Stanford?

namefromplace

Bronze

Re: Advise to get into HYS

Post by namefromplace » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:04 pm

Seems like you're a lock at Harvard and have as good of odds as anyone at Stanford and Yale. Just be sure to make sure you don't have anything glaring mistakes in your materials and have good LoRs. I would think Yale particularly would appreciate an LoR from folks you worked with at Oxford, but this is coming from absolutely no direct knowledge.

https://mylsn.info/213h79/

Libya

New

Re: Advise to get into HYS

Post by Libya » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:41 pm

Just make sure your application doesn't have major flaws: pick recommenders who know you (as opposed to famous recommenders that can only speak in vague generalities), do your best to make sure there are no typos, and write a personal statement that is genuine. Also apply to more schools than HYS. You have a good chance at a full ride at Chi which is probably the best law school admissions outcome.

Return to “What are my chances?”