DELETE

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
i_Pernix

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm

DELETE

Postby i_Pernix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:27 am

TTT
Last edited by i_Pernix on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i_Pernix

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby i_Pernix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:28 am

TTT
Last edited by i_Pernix on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MisterT

New
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby MisterT » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:49 am

Probably a lock at H, and serious money from there on down (CCN)

S & Y are black boxes, but you have a good shot at both. It may to some extent depend on how you come across in your personal statement and any other writing you submit, and how they interpret your motives.

Are you applying straight from undergrad?

zeglo

Silver
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby zeglo » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:16 am

.
Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Gold
Posts: 4954
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:23 am

i_Pernix wrote:Disclaimer: I am not looking for an ego boost or a pat on the back. I just seek frank and honest opinion from someone that's not myself.


My frank and honest opinion is that you're fishing for praise to boost your ego. Enjoy your full ride to everywhere.

jdanz

Bronze
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby jdanz » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:41 am

Retake

User avatar
Thelaw23

Silver
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby Thelaw23 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:15 am

jdanz wrote:Retake



+1

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby Mikey » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:00 am

Have fun at one of HYS

User avatar
Dcc617

Gold
Posts: 2287
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby Dcc617 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:02 am

i_Pernix wrote:177 LSAT, one sitting

4.04 LSAC GPA -- Philosophy and Political Science double major (no anomalies, save one 'W' for a passing withdrawal -- a class I no longer wished to take)

-President of Student government, chairman of the class all years prior to election
-Concertmaster of University orchestra (performed at season-opener basketball game with president of Uni, performed chamber music at Oxford, etc.)
-Columnist/contributor to a magazine that ships to 20+ countries
-Student representative on Uni Board of Trustees
-Multiple awards for character, leadership, service, and for highest GPA
-Two philosophy fellowships, producing papers that were given at conferences (will be published)
-Mentored disadvantaged youth and eventually served as a college counselor at the same school at which I mentored
-Paid intern under the CEO of a trade association working to secure millions in funding for a specific industry in the state budget (we DID secure those millions!)
-Honors thesis/Phi Beta Kappa/trivial stuff

Thoughts on: Harvard/Yale/Stanford/Columbia/Chicago + any merit aid

THANK YOU!


How good would your numbers have to be to not make this thread?

User avatar
lymenheimer

Gold
Posts: 3979
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:54 am

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby lymenheimer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:03 am

i_Pernix wrote:Disclaimer: I am not looking for an ego boost or a pat on the back. I just seek frank and honest opinion from someone that's not myself can find my results on mylsn but wanted to humblebrag here instead.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:09 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
i_Pernix wrote:Disclaimer: I am not looking for an ego boost or a pat on the back. I just seek frank and honest opinion from someone that's not myself.


My frank and honest opinion is that you're fishing for praise to boost your ego. Enjoy your full ride to everywhere.


+1

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3426
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby guynourmin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Unless you sound as clueless in your application as you do in this post, probably about as good a shot as anyone could ask to be chanced at YS, lock everywhere else, at least 1 CCN full, and fulls from most everywhere else you get accepted (probably at least 1 YP WL).

LawSchoolTitan

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby LawSchoolTitan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:49 pm

Full Ride at Elon, Charlotte Law and Whittier Law School.. HYS might be out of reach! Good luck!

i_Pernix

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby i_Pernix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:58 pm

T
Last edited by i_Pernix on Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

malysh

New
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:55 am

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby malysh » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:00 pm

User is smart enough to get a 177/4.0 and yet seemingly can't perform a basic search on mylsn... Alright

i_Pernix

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby i_Pernix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:01 pm

guybourdin wrote:Unless you sound as clueless in your application as you do in this post, probably about as good a shot as anyone could ask to be chanced at YS, lock everywhere else, at least 1 CCN full, and fulls from most everywhere else you get accepted (probably at least 1 YP WL).


Not clueless. Just curious. I think it would be a shame if I just sat down by myself and thought, "Hey, this looks good," about myself, no matter how good my numbers are. I think it's worth the risk, at least, of incurring the wrath of a few indignant people on TLS who want to accuse me of humble-bragging in order to get a fresh set of eyes.

But what's 'CNN' stand for?

i_Pernix

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby i_Pernix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:02 pm

malysh wrote:User is smart enough to get a 177/4.0 and yet seemingly can't perform a basic search on mylsn... Alright


That's not the point, malysh. I already went on mylsn. The point is to get perspectives other than my own on my application as a whole. Hence why I included softs.

Yes, I know LS is mostly a numbers game, but numbers aren't everything for the top schools.

i_Pernix

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby i_Pernix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:04 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
i_Pernix wrote:Disclaimer: I am not looking for an ego boost or a pat on the back. I just seek frank and honest opinion from someone that's not myself.


My frank and honest opinion is that you're fishing for praise to boost your ego. Enjoy your full ride to everywhere.


See: my replies above.

User avatar
guynourmin

Gold
Posts: 3426
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:42 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby guynourmin » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:07 pm

i_Pernix wrote:
guybourdin wrote:Unless you sound as clueless in your application as you do in this post, probably about as good a shot as anyone could ask to be chanced at YS, lock everywhere else, at least 1 CCN full, and fulls from most everywhere else you get accepted (probably at least 1 YP WL).


Not clueless. Just curious. I think it would be a shame if I just sat down by myself and thought, "Hey, this looks good," about myself, no matter how good my numbers are. I think it's worth the risk, at least, of incurring the wrath of a few indignant people on TLS who want to accuse me of humble-bragging in order to get a fresh set of eyes.

But what's 'CNN' stand for?


I'm not saying you should sit down by yourself and think about how your application will be received - I am saying you can search through the profiles of hundreds of just admits and WLs who make a lot of their info public. Likely you could find someone with your numbers and ECs that was WLd and maybe has some thoughts on what went wrong in their cycle. Some proactivity on your part could actually be really beneficial (this thread is not proactive).

CCN stands for Chicago, Columbia, NYU.

i_Pernix

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby i_Pernix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:08 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
i_Pernix wrote:Disclaimer: I am not looking for an ego boost or a pat on the back. I just seek frank and honest opinion from someone that's not myself can find my results on mylsn but wanted to humblebrag here instead.


See: my replies above. Finding someone's numbers on mylsn can be done for those with lower or higher scores. Just because someone posts a chance-me thread and they happen to have higher numbers, doesn't make them a humblebragger.

i_Pernix

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby i_Pernix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:10 pm

guybourdin wrote:
i_Pernix wrote:
guybourdin wrote:Unless you sound as clueless in your application as you do in this post, probably about as good a shot as anyone could ask to be chanced at YS, lock everywhere else, at least 1 CCN full, and fulls from most everywhere else you get accepted (probably at least 1 YP WL).


Not clueless. Just curious. I think it would be a shame if I just sat down by myself and thought, "Hey, this looks good," about myself, no matter how good my numbers are. I think it's worth the risk, at least, of incurring the wrath of a few indignant people on TLS who want to accuse me of humble-bragging in order to get a fresh set of eyes.

But what's 'CNN' stand for?


I'm not saying you should sit down by yourself and think about how your application will be received - I am saying you can search through the profiles of hundreds of just admits and WLs who make a lot of their info public. Likely you could find someone with your numbers and ECs that was WLd and maybe has some thoughts on what went wrong in their cycle. Some proactivity on your part could actually be really beneficial (this thread is not proactive).

CCN stands for Chicago, Columbia, NYU.


Right. I would actually love to see some examples of people who were admits/WLs to some of the schools I'm looking at. I never was able to find any, though -- can you point me in the right direction? I think that would be more helpful than condescension. Thanks!

Anon.y.mousse.

Silver
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:35 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby Anon.y.mousse. » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:12 pm

There's no way this is real.

cavalier1138

Gold
Posts: 4954
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:13 pm

i_Pernix wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
i_Pernix wrote:Disclaimer: I am not looking for an ego boost or a pat on the back. I just seek frank and honest opinion from someone that's not myself can find my results on mylsn but wanted to humblebrag here instead.


See: my replies above. Finding someone's numbers on mylsn can be done for those with lower or higher scores. Just because someone posts a chance-me thread and they happen to have higher numbers, doesn't make them a humblebragger.


No. But when someone with near-perfect numbers and a bunch of obviously impressive softs posts and then pulls the "Who, little ol' me? I just wasn't sure what to make out of all those charts and graphs!" routine, it makes them a humblebragger. You know that you're a lock everywhere that a lock is possible (so there's a slim chance you won't get YS). You know that, and yet you posted a thread to get attention, which is why no one is taking you seriously.

i_Pernix

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby i_Pernix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:13 pm

zeglo wrote:
i_Pernix wrote:Disclaimer: I am not looking for an ego boost or a pat on the back. I just seek frank and honest opinion from someone that's not myself.


Really?

You have above 75th numbers for every school. I think you know your chances are excellent aside from randomness at the top three.

Big aid from every school, excellent shot at H/Y/S.


The randomness at the top 3 are really what I'm concerned about -- that's why I included my softs, to see if they'd be helpful at all.

i_Pernix

New
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:23 pm

Re: 177/4.04 -- Chance Me; P & TY

Postby i_Pernix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:18 pm

T
Last edited by i_Pernix on Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Return to “What are my chances??

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests