deleted Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
brinicolec

Gold

deleted

Post by brinicolec » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:15 pm

Last edited by brinicolec on Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

MyNameIsntJames

Bronze

Re: ~ 3.3/164/URM

Post by MyNameIsntJames » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:35 pm

brinicolec wrote:Hi all!

I just got my LSAT score yesterday and, although I got around what I'd been testing, think I can do better, so I'm considering retaking the LSAT to try to get closer to 170 (hopefully above --- which I know is uncommon) for a better chance at Cornell and/or Georgetown.

I wanted to know what you all thought my chances might be now and if I retake.

I also plan to have an addendum in my applications when I get to that point explaining my lower GPA because I was diagnosed with a mood disorder my junior year -- the same year that some of my grades were lower than usual (I'm not sure how much that will help).

Don't quote me on this, and I would recommend asking other attorneys and people who have been through the Bar, but be careful about reporting mood disorders. The Bar wants to ensure that they are passing people that are psychologically fit, fair and competent and they WILL drill you on that in the future.

3.3 isn't terrible and shouldn't kill you and 164 isn't either. Right now I think right outside the T-14 is plausible. GTown & Cornell could be a stretch. Retaking and putting your LSAT at 170+ would significantly increase your chances. I don't wanna comment on $$ because URM+splitter is extremely unpredictable.

Return to “What are my chances?”