Post removed.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

mike0331
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby mike0331 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:25 pm

FWIW I applied to UVA non-res with similar numbers 3.2/165. That in and of itself doesn't mean anything, but remember you are only competing against other VA residents, so from what I've googled that should make your chances decent.

Mike

User avatar
ballcaps
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby ballcaps » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:42 pm

http://mylsn.info/e4jl6x/

literally no shot, save for georgetown.

is money important to you? what are your goals?

in any event, if your goal is t14, you have no choice but to retake with that gpa.

mike0331
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby mike0331 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:17 pm

Really, he has no shot in state at UVA??? I kinda doubt that.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:45 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11940
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby Rigo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:48 pm

santoki wrote:
mike0331 wrote:Really, he has no shot in state at UVA??? I kinda doubt that.

unfortunately id have to agree that uva is a pipe dream within a pipe dream. pipe-ception at its finest

I mean, sure. But we don't know how much being a Virginia resident helps.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:38 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby Clearly » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:42 pm

I understand they need to fill some absurd percentage of their class with va residents, 40% I think? I'd apply and see what happens, I think there is at least a shot at sticker ED

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11940
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby Rigo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Clearly wrote:I understand they need to fill some absurd percentage of their class with va residents, 40% I think? I'd apply and see what happens, I think there is at least a shot at sticker ED

Yup. At least 40% need to be residents.
That's a HUGE advantage for in-state applicants.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:48 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby Clearly » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:19 pm

santoki wrote:not EDing to UVA, but dont give me a fool's hope, y'all :oops:

Why not? What are your career goals/t14 or bust? ED UVA might be the best shot you have at cracking T14, and it'll be rough getting much money out of good schools with that GPA.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:19 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11940
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby Rigo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:19 pm

santoki wrote:if a decision from a regular app comes before an ED decision, can i withdraw the ED?

Yes.

User avatar
ballcaps
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby ballcaps » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:37 pm

santoki wrote:im a VA resident

santoki wrote:i come from a bit of $


in that case, def ED uva. write the shit out of your PS, and play up your vet status a bit?

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11940
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby Rigo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:44 pm

I don't think OP is a veteran.

OP: Part of me thinks that you may be underestimating just how much 165+ apps are down this cycle and are working off of obsolete data. I don't think a Georgetown RD is that much of a stretch, so your ED option might be better utilized for UVA, where a lot of the Virginia applicants they accept each year are 25th percentile (166) and below.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:51 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby Clearly » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:36 pm

I believe you might have BETTER odds at uva.

User avatar
ballcaps
Posts: 527
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby ballcaps » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:39 pm

santoki wrote:dont know where you got that


...me neither. lol sry

also, dude, ED uva is the obvious choice if you want t14, live in VA, and don't care about cash.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:53 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby Clearly » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:58 pm

Thing is your numbers suck for both schools, except uva has a reason to want you because your instate and sticker, and gulc doesn't. I'd say it's close because gulcs standards are deff lower, but uva is notorious for an ed boost and being in state is big. Idk if they still have a quick turn around, or when gulcs ed cutoff is, but you might be able to swing for uva first and second round ed gulc if that doesn't work

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:14 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11940
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby Rigo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:16 pm

santoki wrote:
Clearly wrote:Thing is your numbers suck for both schools, except uva has a reason to want you because your instate and sticker, and gulc doesn't. I'd say it's close because gulcs standards are deff lower, but uva is notorious for an ed boost and being in state is big. Idk if they still have a quick turn around, or when gulcs ed cutoff is, but you might be able to swing for uva first and second round ed gulc if that doesn't work


once an ED app is submitted, is it possible to withdraw it before a decision?

that sounds like a great plan of action..

I already answered this.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:18 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 11940
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: 167 / 3.18

Postby Rigo » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:21 pm

santoki wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
santoki wrote:
Clearly wrote:Thing is your numbers suck for both schools, except uva has a reason to want you because your instate and sticker, and gulc doesn't. I'd say it's close because gulcs standards are deff lower, but uva is notorious for an ed boost and being in state is big. Idk if they still have a quick turn around, or when gulcs ed cutoff is, but you might be able to swing for uva first and second round ed gulc if that doesn't work


once an ED app is submitted, is it possible to withdraw it before a decision?

that sounds like a great plan of action..

I already answered this.


was a slightly different question... :p

deadline for gulc ed is feb 1, and UVA claims to return decisions in 15 days. i just need to be sure that im free to ED again to gulc if/when a UVA ED rejection comes back.

Seems like the same question to me (you're probably just panicking).
I don't understand why you would want to withdraw if the timeline you say is accurate.
It sounds like you can ED UVA, get a decision, then ED Georgetown.

User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Post removed.

Postby santoki » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by santoki on Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jjcorvino and 2 guests