3.51 UGPA + 165/166 on 2nd retake LSAT, Chances at T14~? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TigersLaw89

New

3.51 UGPA + 165/166 on 2nd retake LSAT, Chances at T14~?

Post by TigersLaw89 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:39 am

Hi Everyone! I just took my LSAT today, for the 2nd time, and I will be working on my applications starting Monday!
The first time I took, I got a 159, and today, i believe, based on my practice test scores, and my feelings about the test, got somewhere around 165/166, 167 at the best (I ran out of time on like 7 questions and had to wild-guess on all of them, so yah).

My undergrad GPA was 3.51 overall (LSAC=3.49) from University of the Pacific (the avg. inst. gpa was around 2.9), with major in Intl Relations and Japanese double major (+ a minor in Poli Sci). I got 1 C- in my freshman year 1st semester, and from a Japanese language class I took while I was abroad at a Japanese university in the 1st semester of my 3rd year ( the class was taught entirely in Japanese, and was a really high-level class that was not recommended for people of my level at the time, but I really wanted to challange myself and learn as much of the language as possible in the short 4 months time I had)
Other than that, I got a around 3.5s both semesters in my 2nd yr, 3.8 my 3rd yr 2nd semester and 3.9 my last year with two independent research (1 Honors Thesis).
(I also had a lot of units, and had few summer classes before college that I took at community college during HS summer, that I got around 3.0-3.3 that prevented my grades from going up much and lowered my LSAC gpa)

Based on my GPA and the trend (I took all hard classes, 16-18 units each semester), and my LSAT score of 159 and a hypothetical score of 165, what do you guys think my chances are in getting into Top 14 law schools?
I know the HYS and CCN are probably way out of my league, so my top choices at the moment are
1. UPENN
2. Michigan
3. UVA
4. Georgetown
5. Cornell

PS: I'm also born in Korea and came to America around 14 yrs ago, i don't think that would help much but my dominant language, I guess I could say is Korean (although I'm fluent in both English and Korean), would that help at all?
Also, I can speak Japanese fluently now, maybe speaking 3 languages fluently can help a little bit!?

PSS: In case I end up needing to retake the LSAT, anyone also know how much a 3rd LSAT score plus applying in late Dec. as opposed to early Nov. can hurt one's application??

Any input is much appreciated, thank you all in advance for all your inputs and thoughts!!

midwest17

Gold

Re: 3.51 UGPA + 165/166 on 2nd retake LSAT, Chances at T14~?

Post by midwest17 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:22 pm

I don't think there's any reason to think myLSN won't be representative:

Even bumping your LSAT up to 167 doesn't really change anything in the T-14.

TigersLaw89

New

Re: 3.51 UGPA + 165/166 on 2nd retake LSAT, Chances at T14~?

Post by TigersLaw89 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:03 pm

Thanks Midwest 17 for your reply!
Aah..i guess i'll just have to suck it up and retake in December!
I was just hoping to be done by October so I can work more on applications/personal statements and have some fun, but I guess no time for fun until acceptance letters start coming in! hah

Return to “What are my chances?”