LSAT needed for UVA ED Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mx23250

Silver

LSAT needed for UVA ED

Post by mx23250 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:24 am

So I have an LSAC UGPA of 2.85 (very poor, I know). What sort of LSAT do you think I would need to have a decent shot at getting into UVA ED?

I know it matters very little, but I do have a PhD (hard sciences) & MBA (4.0 GPAs from each, multiple awards) along with relevant work experience for going into patent law. That certainly provided for some very strong LORs, PS, and addendum, but it really comes down to what my LSAT score can be. I know UVA is a very splitter-friendly school if you ED. Do you think I'd have a shot with a 170 or would it need to get to at least ~173+? I'm taking the October LSAT and I'm shooting for a 173+, but you never know how the actual test will turn out. I appreciate any input. Thanks in advance!

Toby Ziegler

Silver

Re: LSAT needed for UVA ED

Post by Toby Ziegler » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:15 am

If you score between a 170 and 175 mylsn.info says you have basically no chance at UVa. Northwestern and Duke will give you a little more hope however.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:10 pm

The above post didn't take into account the ED factor. OP, there really just aren't many data points with your numbers applying ED. One applicant with a 173 and a 2.79 made it into UVA, but that seems to be the only acceptance in your GPA range in the past few cycles. Regardless, kill that LSAT and hopefully you will have some options.
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toby Ziegler

Silver

Post by Toby Ziegler » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:50 pm

xylocarp wrote:The above post didn't take into account the ED factor.
ED was included in that mylsn chart.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”