3.27 160 Michigan schools?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
amandabeth33

3.27 160 Michigan schools?

Postby amandabeth33 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi all, I'm sending in my apps to Michigan schools (I'm a MI resident and a homeowner, so moving is not something I'm interested in) and just wondering
Whether it's worth it to apply to U of M, with my scores and GPA?
What my chances are at WSU or MSU?
Should I apply to Cooley as a backup?

I've heard bad things about both Cooley and U of D, so I don't want to waste $ applying there if I don't have to. Any feedback on those 2?

I have a 3.27 with a major in Chemical Biology, and a 160 June LSAT. Here's a glitch in my app; 10 years ago I was convicted of a misdemeanor embezzlement charge for unauthorized (huge) discounts at my previous place of work (department store). It's been expunged, but I divulged with explanation on my WSU app and MSU as well...will this keep me out!?

I'm panicking.

Retake Q:Also, I took the LSAT with zero prep (literally zero formal prep or studying unless you count my extended undergrad career of 6 years!)...is it worth it to retake and apply at U of M (it's my ideal school and I love Ann Arbor)? I imagine if I studied I'd score higher, right?
Last edited by amandabeth33 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianWolf

Re: 3.27 160 Michigan schools?

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Based on your numbers, you applied to the correct two Michigan law schools. As to whether or not your embezzlement conviction will result in denials depends upon the adcomms at the schools in question.

llachans

Postby llachans » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:47 am

MSU has gpa/lsat floors for the amount of money you get. You'd definitely get in, but look on their site to find out how much money you're guaranteed with your stats.

Do NOT apply to Cooley.

Definite no to Michigan and in at Wayne.

justonemoregame

Postby justonemoregame » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:54 am

Definitely retake - if you scored 160 near-cold, who knows where you'll be with a couple of months of intense prep. And whether or not you get into UM doesn't matter, just don't go to any of the others MI schools. Like others have said, your gpa will likely limit your scholarships, which eliminates entirely the advantage of attending a lower-ranked school.

Return to “What are my chances?”