2.85/170

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
GimmeRoom

2.85/170

Postby GimmeRoom » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:10 pm

Hello,

Only explanation I've really got for my GPA is a brutal first year of school (bombed two math courses that I probably shouldn't have taken), but there is a strong upward trend over the four years.

Anyways, 170 on 1st LSAT attempt, will be retaking in June to try to bump it up a bit (I think 173+ is attainable), would like to go to school/practice in Boston or NYC, have ties in Boston. (undergraduate degree is from McGill Univ. in Montreal, Canada).

1 year of work experience as a technician in a Biotech startup company, but undergraduate degree is in business (got job through family contact).

Any realistic shots at T20? And is there anywhere I can expect to get any sort of scholarship (e.g. Suffolk)? Are stipulations on scholarships for students with worse numbers generally more strict? Somewhat worried that I'm pretty much screwed with my GPA and will be forced to pay sticker or simply not attend.

Thanks for the help!

Tiago Splitter

Re: 2.85/170

Postby Tiago Splitter » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Your GPA will make it tough to get scholarships big enough to pull you away from better schools that will love your LSAT. Wustl should send some money your way, but your best bet will be to retake for a mid 170s LSAT and try for Northwestern.

Unfortunately the options in Boston and NYC aren't great because of GPA floors, but Northwestern can get you back there.

Return to “What are my chances?”