Lost New Yorker Trapped in the Midwest... A few questions Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Moachrotel

New

Lost New Yorker Trapped in the Midwest... A few questions

Post by Moachrotel » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Ohio is eating my soul, slowly but surely. I'm on the verge of of tying a bandana to the end of a wooden stick with nothing but fresh underwear and hauling ass back to Babylon.

I've got a 3.1 GPA which is improving every semester at a 4-year institution, currently working on a Marketing degree. My question is do NYC Law schools value New York grads over out of state? I was planning on further torturing myself by transferring to Ohio State in order to finish up my Bachelor's at a more recognized school and continue to attend a college with in-state tuition cost. However, if NYC Law schools favor City College/Fordham/NYU/etc etc grads over out of state applicants... Well, no point in staying in this sad excuse of a city/state/existence/culture.... lol.

I'm also an URM since I'm Puerto Rican. No LSAT score yet though, I'm on the verge of preparing for that soon.

Any information or advice will be greatly appreciated, I really don't belong here... SOS

snowpeach06

Gold

Re: Lost New Yorker Trapped in the Midwest... A few questions

Post by snowpeach06 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:58 pm

I don't know for sure, but, it seems to me like NYC schools (or any schools really) don't give a crap where you are from. Particularly the NY schools, because everyone from everywhere wants to go to the NY schools. So, if your numbers are good enough, that's really all that counts. This is, however, not the case for employers as they seem to care a lot more than the schools about where you've lived, and why you want to be wherever that job is.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Lost New Yorker Trapped in the Midwest... A few questions

Post by JamMasterJ » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:08 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:I don't know for sure, but, it seems to me like NYC schools (or any schools really) don't give a crap where you are from. Particularly the NY schools, because everyone from everywhere wants to go to the NY schools. So, if your numbers are good enough, that's really all that counts. This is, however, not the case for employers as they seem to care a lot more than the schools about where you've lived, and why you want to be wherever that job is.
While this is true in many cities, it does not apply to New York. It is the one city that doesn't require ties

Return to “What are my chances?”