Would appreciate some insight. I have a 3.37 LSDAS GPA unless they count a single W, which brings it to around 3.3 flat.
168 on Oct of this year, which is a little below my standard. I've scored as high as 175 but I think 171+ is a reasonable possibility for December. I might retake depending on how much it helps my chances although it will obviously delay my applications.
I would like to go to a Northern California school. I live in San Francisco so I could save a lot of money living with my parents. UCLA is a possibility if I get in.
I have average softs. 1 year out of undergrad, I've been working since 2nd year of college. Poor background but nothing extraordinary.
Chances at Hastings and UCLA with 3.3 and a 168? I'm thinking of applying immediately to Hastings. LSP puts me at ~55% chance.
Can I have Hastings review my application with my October score but use my December score to determine financial aid? Or would it be wiser to just wait and hope I score higher in December?
I understand UCLA doesn't do rolling admissions so either way I would submit with my December score. How much of an advantage does UCLA provide over a local school in getting a job in northern California? I'm not completely sold on going back to SoCal (did my UG there) unless the advantage is large or UCLA offers a lot of money, which probably won't happen with a gpa so low.
Lastly, outside chance at Berkeley? I went over the numbers at LSN and it looks like I'd need a 175+ to just get waitlisted. Pipedream...
Thanks for any help. I'm really struggling with whether or not to retake for Hastings.
Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Piggy11 and 1 guest