T2 chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Can'texplainthat

New

T2 chances?

Post by Can'texplainthat » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:06 pm

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on where to apply this October. I know my numbers aren’t that great, but I am still hoping I can get into a T2 school. Is there anywhere specifically I should apply with my numbers that would give me a good chance of getting in? I checked law school predictor and saw mostly considers, but I am not sure which of the “considers” I would have a realistic shot of getting in at. Location is not a factor to me. Thank you for any advice!
Last edited by Can'texplainthat on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Re: 163/2.8---T2 chances?

Post by thelawschoolproject » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:48 pm

Is there anyway that you would retake the LSAT?

Here's a guy with similar numbers but he was a non-trad. http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Scorch

And here's another one, also a non-trad. http://lawschoolnumbers.com/fragged

Your best bet is going to be regional schools, especially if you're looking for money. If you're an in-state student that might give you some form of a bump.

Consider larger state schools --> UConn, Tennessee, Arizona, etc.

Not as selective lesser ranked private schools --> Seton Hall, Stetson, Drake, etc. Not exactly T2 but . . . yeah.

Best of luck!

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:54 pm

IBTget work experience, retake, ED to Northwestern.

Can'texplainthat

New

Post by Can'texplainthat » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:19 pm

I plan to retake in December, but I want to apply under the assumption that this will be my best score. My main concern right now is that my current numbers will not be enough to get me into any T2 schools. I am going to blanket apply to as many schools possible, hopefully I can get into one or two with my weak numbers and limited/non-existent softs.

Jah'rakal

Bronze

Post by Jah'rakal » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:50 pm

I think you are aiming a little low, i know quite a few ppl with similar scores to yours(myself included), and they all got into some tier 1 schools, spread your apps to all the lower tier 1s, u r bound to get in few of them

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:17 pm

I dont think you can make T1 honestly. Sub 3.0 hurts you. I had a higher GPA and LSAT and got WL'd and eventually dinged at TTs (though they were semi late apps and I made no effort to get off them - but still).

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Yeah, a lot of T1 schools have GPA floors. That's what's going to hurt you unless you can write an awesome addendum that makes sense of your GPA situation.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:08 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:Yeah, a lot of T1 schools have GPA floors. That's what's going to hurt you unless you can write an awesome addendum that makes sense of your GPA situation.
Even then. I really don't believe that addendum make a great difference. If you retook and killed it youd have a better shot.

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:36 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:Yeah, a lot of T1 schools have GPA floors. That's what's going to hurt you unless you can write an awesome addendum that makes sense of your GPA situation.
Even then. I really don't believe that addendum make a great difference. If you retook and killed it youd have a better shot.

+1 A solid LSAT score beats a GPA any day.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Can'texplainthat

New

Post by Can'texplainthat » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:37 am

I will apply to a few T1 schools, but I am not holding my breath with my current score. How much of a factor will the aforementioned GPA floor be in applying to T2 schools with my GPA?
Last edited by Can'texplainthat on Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jah'rakal

Bronze

Post by Jah'rakal » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:46 am

that's not that bad a GPA, i personally know ppl with 2.3, 2.4's all in T1's now, with similar LSAT to yours, and non-URM

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:22 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:that's not that bad a GPA, i personally know ppl with 2.3, 2.4's all in T1's now, with similar LSAT to yours, and non-URM
This is what is commonly know to as on TLS, a lie.

Jah'rakal

Bronze

Post by Jah'rakal » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:30 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:that's not that bad a GPA, i personally know ppl with 2.3, 2.4's all in T1's now, with similar LSAT to yours, and non-URM
yes it is a lie on TLS but a reality in the real world. When I was visiting lawschoolnumbers during my cycle, I actually came across someone's profile whose comments said TLS told him that he could only get into TTT's with no shots at top 100, but due to fee waiver, he applied to some T2's and got in. TLS is too pessimistic in evaluating low GPA or LSAT applicants, I do not know a single applicant, with similar stats to OP's, who did not at least get into at least one T1's or a few T2's

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:41 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
yes it is a lie on TLS but a reality in the real world. When I was visiting lawschoolnumbers during my cycle, I actually came across someone's profile whose comments said TLS told him that he could only get into TTT's with no shots at top 100, but due to fee waiver, he applied to some T2's and got in. TLS is too pessimistic in evaluating low GPA or LSAT applicants, I do not know a single applicant, with similar stats to OP's, who did not at least get into at least one T1's or a few T2's
idk what Im doing at a TT then, Liar.

Can'texplainthat

New

Post by Can'texplainthat » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:41 pm

I appreciate the discussion on my t1 chances, but I would like to swing the conversation a little back towards OP. I am aware my my t1 chances are low, if there are even any. What I really want to know is how good a shot I have at tt school. Am I reaching here, or is it a pretty much a sure thing if I don't bomb the rest of my application?

Jah'rakal

Bronze

Post by Jah'rakal » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:04 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
may i ask where you attend sir? with $?

Jah'rakal

Bronze

Post by Jah'rakal » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Can'texplainthat wrote:I appreciate the discussion on my t1 chances, but I would like to swing the conversation a little back towards OP. I am aware my my t1 chances are low, if there are even any. What I really want to know is how good a shot I have at tt school. Am I reaching here, or is it a pretty much a sure thing if I don't bomb the rest of my application?
your T2 chances are good, T1 chances are some, just have to know the splitter friendly schools

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:44 pm

Can'texplainthat wrote:I appreciate the discussion on my t1 chances, but I would like to swing the conversation a little back towards OP. I am aware my my t1 chances are low, if there are even any. What I really want to know is how good a shot I have at tt school. Am I reaching here, or is it a pretty much a sure thing if I don't bomb the rest of my application?

I think that if you excel at every other area of the application that you have a very reasonable chance of getting into a TT school. I don't think it's a reach, you just need to market yourself very well.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:50 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:
bport hopeful wrote: This is what is commonly know to as on TLS, a lie.
may i ask where you attend sir? with $?
Nah dogg, dont ask me that shit.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:56 pm

Just apply to wherever your LSAT is at or above median. A couple will bite.

Can'texplainthat

New

Post by Can'texplainthat » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:33 pm

I will apply to everywhere I meet the median, but I really dont have any softs. Hopefully my personal statement will explain some of that. At the end of the day, I am relying on my numbers alone to get me into a tt. What do you think?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:42 pm

Can'texplainthat wrote:I will apply to everywhere I meet the median, but I really dont have any softs. Hopefully my personal statement will explain some of that. At the end of the day, I am relying on my numbers alone to get me into a tt. What do you think?
Youll get into a TT. Id send out a bunch of apps though, for safety sake. That GPA makes it hard to predict, so if you have two schools with similar numbers, you may get into one and not the other.

Throw a big net, youll definitely catch something.

Can'texplainthat

New

Post by Can'texplainthat » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:08 pm

Here is part of my list that I plan to apply at, any thoughts?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”