4.0/169

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
pdftlvson
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 pm

4.0/169

Postby pdftlvson » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:22 pm

What are my chances at being accpeted, as well as receiving scholarship money from these schools:
U of Michigan
UVA
Duke
Georgetown
George Washington
Indiana- Bloomington
Washington U in St. Louis
U of Iowa
American

4.0 GPA, 169 LSAT, white, female, double major in Poli Sci and History, minor in Italian Studies, Illinois State undergrad, received multiple awards from my university, President of both the Phi Alpha Theta Natl History Honor Society and the Pi Sigma Alpha Natl Poli Sci honor society, interned for a year at the state's attorney's office, T.A. 3 semesters, circus performer (not that I expect this to help my chances, just something interesting), studied abroad. Any responses would be greatly appreciated! :D

TheFactor
Posts: 789
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby TheFactor » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:24 pm

pdftlvson wrote:What are my chances at being accpeted, as well as receiving scholarship money from these schools:
U of Michigan IN
UVA RD = In/ WL; ED = IN
Duke RD = In/WL; ED = IN
Georgetown IN w/ $
George Washington IN w/ $$$
Indiana- Bloomington IN w/ $$$
Washington U in St. Louis IN w/ $$$
U of Iowa don't bother applying
American don't bother applying

User avatar
20121109
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby 20121109 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:30 pm

I think you need to aim higher.

Put together a well-crafted application and send in apps to all of the T14, including HYS. It's a long shot but one of my good friends (white female, interesting background) at H was WL/accepted with a 166/4.0. Stanford loves high GPAs and doesn't have as high LSAT medians as Y or H. Yale is just a crapshoot. I think you're in from T7-T14, and you have a solid chance at CCN. Expect money from schools below the T14.

Good luck.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18426
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby bk1 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:32 pm

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:I think you need to aim higher.

Put together a well-crafted application and send in apps to all of the T14, including HYS. It's a long shot but one of my good friends (white female, interesting background) at H was WL/accepted with a 166/4.0. Stanford loves high GPAs and doesn't have as high LSAT medians as Y or H. Yale is just a crapshoot. I think you're in from T7-T14, and you have a solid chance at CCN. Expect money from schools below the T14.

Good luck.


+1 to the advice.

User avatar
Law Sauce
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby Law Sauce » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:32 pm

This person is a URM, but some things in this thread may be relevant http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=158858

pdftlvson
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby pdftlvson » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:21 am

Well, this is certainly encouraging. Thank you all for your responses. I will have to give some of the other T14 schools a closer look!

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:25 am

bk1 wrote:
GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:I think you need to aim higher.

Put together a well-crafted application and send in apps to all of the T14, including HYS. It's a long shot but one of my good friends (white female, interesting background) at H was WL/accepted with a 166/4.0. Stanford loves high GPAs and doesn't have as high LSAT medians as Y or H. Yale is just a crapshoot. I think you're in from T7-T14, and you have a solid chance at CCN. Expect money from schools below the T14.

Good luck.


+1 to the advice.


H is definitely in reach.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:28 am

Have you thought about possibly retaking just for the hell of it? If you bumped it up only 3 points you'd probably be looking at good chances for H.

pdftlvson
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby pdftlvson » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:06 pm

I've considered it, because I know that I had the potential to do a little better (170-173 was definitely in reach... I figured out one of the game questions I was stuck on on the drive home from the test... so frustrating!). However, I'm not sure I would be able to put in the study time necessary to do well again, and I really feel like I did all that I could to prepare the first time. :?

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:11 pm

pdftlvson wrote:I've considered it, because I know that I had the potential to do a little better (170-173 was definitely in reach... I figured out one of the game questions I was stuck on on the drive home from the test... so frustrating!). However, I'm not sure I would be able to put in the study time necessary to do well again, and I really feel like I did all that I could to prepare the first time. :?


The last thing you want to do is retake and score the same or lower. If you genuinely think you can perform better on test day, go for it. Regardless, 169 is a fine score and 4.0 is a fine GPA.

User avatar
Law Sauce
Posts: 923
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby Law Sauce » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:11 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
pdftlvson wrote:I've considered it, because I know that I had the potential to do a little better (170-173 was definitely in reach... I figured out one of the game questions I was stuck on on the drive home from the test... so frustrating!). However, I'm not sure I would be able to put in the study time necessary to do well again, and I really feel like I did all that I could to prepare the first time. :?


The last thing you want to do is retake and score the same or lower. If you genuinely think you can perform better on test day, go for it. Regardless, 169 is a fine score and 4.0 is a fine GPA.


Agreed. you will have a great cycle

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby AmandaPB » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:43 pm

.
Last edited by AmandaPB on Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pdftlvson
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby pdftlvson » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Thanks! You too :)

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13671
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: 4.0/169

Postby Flips88 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:59 pm

You should at least throw apps at NYU and Chicago. Harvard, Stanford, and Columbia for reaches.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Pneumonia and 1 guest