~3.8 170 Northwestern

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

~3.8 170 Northwestern

Postby jrose5 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:37 pm

3.76, 170

Quite a bit of WE in college, though still in college.
Interviewed on-campus (I'm not sure if it went well - only the interviewer does, right? at least I can say I thought it went smoothly).
Optional diversity essay + why NU.
Non-URM.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: ~3.8 170 Northwestern

Postby hipstermafia » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:40 pm

jrose5 wrote:3.76, 170

Quite a bit of WE in college, though still in college.
Interviewed on-campus (I'm not sure if it went well - only the interviewer does, right? at least I can say I thought it went smoothly).
Optional diversity essay + why NU.
Non-URM.

WE in college usually doesn't qualify as WE to NU.

When did you submit?

User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: ~3.8 170 Northwestern

Postby Verity » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:42 pm

Urine.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: ~3.8 170 Northwestern

Postby jrose5 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:42 pm

hipstermafia wrote:
jrose5 wrote:3.76, 170

Quite a bit of WE in college, though still in college.
Interviewed on-campus (I'm not sure if it went well - only the interviewer does, right? at least I can say I thought it went smoothly).
Optional diversity essay + why NU.
Non-URM.

WE in college usually doesn't qualify as WE to NU.

When did you submit?


Late January, but I only recently interviewed.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: ~3.8 170 Northwestern

Postby hipstermafia » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:45 pm

probably not great tbh. if you really want nu and you don't get in, go out and work for 2 years.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: ~3.8 170 Northwestern

Postby jrose5 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:46 pm

hipstermafia wrote:probably not great tbh. if you really want nu and you don't get in, go out and work for 2 years.


Haha, thanks for the honesty. Actually, I suspected so much myself. :( Congrats to you though (saw you on the NU thread)!

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: ~3.8 170 Northwestern

Postby hipstermafia » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:49 pm

jrose5 wrote:
hipstermafia wrote:probably not great tbh. if you really want nu and you don't get in, go out and work for 2 years.


Haha, thanks for the honesty. Actually, I suspected so much myself. :( Congrats to you though (saw you on the NU thread)!

awe thanks!

they do make some offers to students in undergrad (i think one of today's admits is in undergrad), and some they offer scholarships to if they defer for a year and work, but i think the stat is 95% of the class has at least 1 year of full time work experience.

User avatar
hipstermafia
Posts: 1053
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:45 pm

Re: ~3.8 170 Northwestern

Postby hipstermafia » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:50 pm

those are good numbers for nu though, you just need some work experience to compliment them :)

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: ~3.8 170 Northwestern

Postby jrose5 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:51 pm

Ahh, oh well, you know what they say... "hope for the best, expect the worst." My attitude towards NW now...

User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: ~3.8 170 Northwestern

Postby Verity » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:11 pm

I'll bet you get in without WE. They extended their deadline, and have been friendly this cycle to a few straight out of undergrad, whose numbers were in your range.

jrose5
Posts: 660
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: ~3.8 170 Northwestern

Postby jrose5 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:58 pm

Verity wrote:I'll bet you get in without WE. They extended their deadline, and have been friendly this cycle to a few straight out of undergrad, whose numbers were in your range.


That is one of the most hopeful things I have heard today. Since I hate disappointment, I'm gonna try not to believe you so I don't get my hopes up! Thanks for the positive news, anyway. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: ~3.8 170 Northwestern

Postby Verity » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:35 am

jrose5 wrote:
Verity wrote:I'll bet you get in without WE. They extended their deadline, and have been friendly this cycle to a few straight out of undergrad, whose numbers were in your range.


That is one of the most hopeful things I have heard today. Since I hate disappointment, I'm gonna try not to believe you so I don't get my hopes up! Thanks for the positive news, anyway. :mrgreen:


Just do everything you can to get an edge. Impress upon them a sense of maturity and focus. That's what they want to see.

Numbers are king, and Northwestern is no exception. I would bet money that you get in. It's worth the effort.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 1 guest