3.59/163

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dai

3.59/163

Postby dai » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:10 am

Applied in late January. I'd say average softs/PS/recommendations.

What are my chances at:
USC
Hastings
Davis
Loyola
Santa Clara
U San Diego
U San Francisco

I know there is virtually no chance at USC. I have the LSAC fee waiver so I decided I'd give it a shot with just the $12 report fee.

I'm really hoping for Hastings or Davis, but I know it will be rough. I applied through Hasting's LEOP program so hopefully I'll get a boost from it. I'm coming from the overcoming adversity angle (immigrant and economic adversity). Am I right in thinking that Loyola, Santa Clara, SD, and SF are safeties?

I'm most interested in your input in Hastings and Davis though. My stats are 3.59 and 163.
Hastings medians: 3.6/164 (ugh so close, .01 and 1 away from hitting both medians)
Davis medians: 3.63/163

Thanks for the help. Let me know if I can include any other info. I've looked at online calculators but with numbers this close, I figured I could use some extra input while I wait for decisions.

SupraVln180

Re: 3.59/163

Postby SupraVln180 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:50 pm

It will be difficult because you are not contributing to the schools rankings, if you are not diverse at all, you're really not contributing anything quantifiable to the school. Therefore, I would say its a longshot. Reaches do happen though, and with a well written PS and DS, you may be able to nab one of them. Someone got into Davis last year with a 3.51/163. Good luck, but realize it is getting very late in the game. You might be better off waiting for next cycle and maybe even retaking.

chicityteacher

Postby chicityteacher » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Not sure about Hastings, but Davis I think you have a shot. 50% percent of the students got less than a 163, and your GPA isn't too far off the median. I'd say, numbers alone, you have less than a 50/50 shot, but definitely not an automatic rejection. I would say with your diversity, you will at least make the wait list. I feel like a lot of the people who are <163 at Davis are the ones with good softs (WE, URM, etc.).

The only things that might hurt you (other than numbers) are if you are apply right out of undergrad and the fact that you applied pretty late. Davis doesn't have rolling admissions, but after emailing the admissions office I learned that applying earlier does raise one's chance of being reviewed before someone who applies later, although it is not a certainty.

In any case, you and I have literally the EXACT same numbers, although the only schools we have in common are Hastings and Davis. So, I'm pulling for both of us. Good luck.

dai

Postby dai » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:39 pm

That was helpful. Thanks a lot! Good luck to you, too.

Return to “What are my chances?”