Accepted to the following schools so far (all T14-T22). What Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Sinra

Bronze

Re: Accepted to the following schools so far (all T14-T22). What

Post by Sinra » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:47 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:
bk187 wrote:
SupraVln180 wrote:when people say WE does that mean professional work experience only? I know working at subway doesn't count, but what about working in Health-Care? Like a nursing assistant at a hospital or something.
No. NU doesn't care what you do as long as it is full time and after graduation (so working during the summer or through school doesn't count, though from what I've seen it probably help a bit).
So the fact that I worked 30-40 hours a week during UG at a hospital doesn't count for NU? That's whack, I didn't apply there b/c my numbers suck and I wasn't sure.
It counts. I specifically asked Northwestern about this and they told me it's listed as "post undergraduate" because that is usually because most people cannot get a professional career going without a college degree. But professional work experience counts--it does not have to be post-undergrad--that is just generally what most people can offer by way of professional work experience.

It's constantly repeated on TLS as gospel that it's only post-undergrad regardless of type of experience. :roll: As long as it's professional, working during undergrad does indeed count. Working as a retail clerk, etc. would not.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:29 pm

bk187 wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:
bk187 wrote:
FiveSermon wrote:By and large, I'd say poor people experience extreme challenges and obstacles in gaining a higher education. What boost do they get exactly?
There's a big sign at the top of the on-topic forums saying don't debate AA.

Cut that shit out as this really isn't the place for it.
Interesting how you only singled out me. I guess that says a lot about your viewpoint concerning AA which isn't a big surprise from your profile. Anyways thanks for the heads up, I'll cut "that shit" out.
Congrats on sounding like a giant idiot on many fucking levels.

I singled you out because I happened to notice your post and hadn't closely read the others.
Calm down child. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean you have to throw a hissy fit. Next time count to 10 before coming off as remarkably immature.

TigerBeer

Bronze

Post by TigerBeer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:01 pm

qawas

Irrelephant

New

Post by Irrelephant » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:02 am

well-hello-there wrote:
Moral_Midgetry wrote:You scored in the retake percentile.

Apparently with your softs and sick GPA, HYS could be an option with a good retake score.
^i laughed

OP- study your ass off for the june test. if you rock that test, apply september 1st to schools #'d 1-10 FTW.

If you don't do so hot on the june test, you can go to school in the fall at one of the places where you've already been accepted.

you're in a win, super win situation.
Could Georgetown modify it's scholarship offer if OP sends in seat deposit, but scores substantially lower than a 162 on the June retake?

HBK

Bronze

Post by HBK » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:03 am

How are you sooo bad at LSAT? You did awesome in undergrad, try studying LSAT like you studied college and you'll be HYS.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:58 am

HBK wrote:How are you sooo bad at LSAT? You did awesome in undergrad, try studying LSAT like you studied college and you'll be HYS.
Are you a valley girl?

well-hello-there

Bronze

Post by well-hello-there » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Irrelephant wrote:
well-hello-there wrote:

Apparently with your softs and sick GPA, HYS could be an option with a good retake score.
^i laughed

OP- study your ass off for the june test. if you rock that test, apply september 1st to schools #'d 1-10 FTW.

If you don't do so hot on the june test, you can go to school in the fall at one of the places where you've already been accepted.

Could Georgetown modify it's scholarship offer if OP sends in seat deposit, but scores substantially lower than a 162 on the June retake?
that would be good to know. It wouldn't affect G-town's ranking at all but if the adcomms were especially devious, they would make the case that the initial scholarship offer was based off an average of LSAT scores.

Irrelephant

New

Post by Irrelephant » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:59 am

well-hello-there wrote:
Irrelephant wrote:
well-hello-there wrote:

^i laughed

that would be good to know. It wouldn't affect G-town's ranking at all but if the adcomms were especially devious, they would make the case that the initial scholarship offer was based off an average of LSAT scores.
Otherwise, it's pretty fullproof.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”