What are my chances in the Bay, and beyond?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

What are my chances in the Bay, and beyond?

Postby orangebluewhitered » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:57 pm

On behalf of a good friend:

3.8/165, American Studies major from a top 15 private uni, graduated in 2010. Non-urm female. Won my major's highest award for my honors thesis. Contributed to/edited a couple of literary journals during college, including one piece for the NY Times, taught writing class to group of Chinese immigrants. Great letters of rec and a very strong personal statement. Studied abroad one semester and another summer, one semester working with Legal Aid, another summer working at a local law office, and I'm currently working at a law firm.

I'm a CA resident, especially interested Boalt and other urban schools across the country. Note: Applied only to T-20 schools (plus a few others). High rank is important--will pass on lower ranked schools even if they give money.
Last edited by orangebluewhitered on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Re: What are my chances in the Bay, and beyond?

Postby Shooter » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Retake. For the love of God...

Re: What are my chances in the Bay, and beyond?

Postby arhmcpo » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:13 pm

In easily at Hastings and Davis with $$$. Last time I checked they give a $15,000 renewable scholarship (at least when i applied with similar numbers in 2009). Obviously in at Santa Clara, you have to apply for their special private scholarships after you get in but w/ those numbers your friend would be entitled to big $$$$.

Berkeley is a reachthough they are supposed to pay more attention to great softs like your friend has and be less number's focused. No shot at Stanford.

In SoCal, in at UCI. In with full scholly's at Pepperdine and Loyola (though most likely with top 1/3rd stipulations to be renewed)

Return to “What are my chances?”