Chance me please! Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
BamaGrad09

New

Chance me please!

Post by BamaGrad09 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:47 pm

I've checked out LSN and other sites and have a general idea, but would like some human input.

I'm graduated from Alabama in May with a degree in philosophy. I had a 3.58 GPA, but my LSAC GPA is 3.28. I have a very upward trend in grades after my first semester. My LSAT score is a 159. I have decent softs and excellent LOR's.

I've already gone complete at Kentucky and Richmond, but it just happened this week due to a LOR that took much longer than expected, so they wont be making decisions until the first week of January as far as I know.

What are my chances, in your opinion, with:

Richmond
Kentucky
Florida State
Wake Forest
Samford
Georgia State
Mercer

FuManChusco

Silver

Re: Chance me please!

Post by FuManChusco » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:53 pm

Just to get some stuff out of the way

1.) Your softs are decent and law schools don't care
2.) Your LORs are average and law schools don't care
3.) Retake
4.) I don't know anything about those schools to accurately predict your chances. Go to lsn.

BamaGrad09

New

Post by BamaGrad09 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:01 pm

FuManChusco wrote:Just to get some stuff out of the way

1.) Your softs are decent and law schools don't care
2.) Your LORs are average and law schools don't care
3.) Retake
4.) I don't know anything about those schools to accurately predict your chances. Go to lsn.
1.) Maybe, but you don't know.
2.) My LOR's are not average. Some law schools DO care.
3.) That's not always an option, and I have already taken it twice with the same score.
4.) I've already been to LSN. I was simply looking for some human input.
5.) No need to be such a douche.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:31 pm

You see it as being a douche, but I'm just telling it like it is. Softs don't really matter so unless they're out of this world, then no one really cares. LORs do not matter. If you can't get 2 excellent LORs then you suck. Since everyone's are excellent, your's are average. Your numbers are bad. A 159 is bad. I wouldn't go to any of those schools, hence my retake suggestion. It is most definitely always an option if you actually care about your future career. Law school will be there next year. I'm sure someone will tell you your chances, but I was just suggesting lsn since I don't personally know what the average numbers are for those schools. Don't be so defensive. You can't come to tls and not expect some condescending advice. That's like jumping in a pool and not wanting to get wet.

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:05 pm

Unless you did something like win an international scholarship/award, play a professional/Olympic sport, won a Grammy, are a refugee, are famous, etc., don't bank on your softs making a difference at all.

I can empathize with not wanting to retake the LSAT again, as well as having a degree which isn't terribly valuable in today's economic climate. In fact, I'm graduating in May and applying to law schools. However, it may be in your best interest to find some sort of work you find rewarding for a year or two, then retake the LSAT and apply later. I'm not saying this to target you personally, but it may be something worth hearing for you. You'll have made some money, gained real-world experience, potentially gained a better personal statement topic, and maybe discovered that you don't necessarily want to go to law school.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:09 am

FuManChusco wrote:You see it as being a douche, but I'm just telling it like it is. Softs don't really matter so unless they're out of this world, then no one really cares. LORs do not matter. If you can't get 2 excellent LORs then you suck. Since everyone's are excellent, your's are average. Your numbers are bad. A 159 is bad. I wouldn't go to any of those schools, hence my retake suggestion. It is most definitely always an option if you actually care about your future career. Law school will be there next year. I'm sure someone will tell you your chances, but I was just suggesting lsn since I don't personally know what the average numbers are for those schools. Don't be so defensive. You can't come to tls and not expect some condescending advice. That's like jumping in a pool and not wanting to get wet.
I have to agree, everyone has "amazing" softs and LOR's, 99.99% of applicants are no more special than the next, that's why numbers play such an important role, they need objective admission criteria in order to distinguish accurately between applicants. With that being said,

retake the LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”