My First Post... I just need an honest evaluation Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
shmoo597

Bronze

Re: My First Post... I just need an honest evaluation

Post by shmoo597 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:58 am

Diiizzzzoooo wrote:Thanks guys. I think I understand. So, what do you say to the kid who attends a "so what" school with "so what" grades for three years. What does he have to look forward to? And are there any indicators that things may improve? Or are the brake lines cut on this downward spiral?
Its pretty apparent from this thread that you have no real idea of what its like to practice law out there or what YOU want to do. Make sure you have an idea about what kind of law you want to get into and what kind of career you want to have before you apply to law schools.

For a lot of people on this board, the goal is to go to a t14 school (top 14 because the same 14 schools have been the top 14 schools for the past 20+ years - its shorthand for "national elite") and to get a biglaw job at a big firm, making 160k a year and billing 2000 hours a year.

If you have two small children, and you aren't familiar with this already, it doesn't sound like this your goal.

What do you want to do? A big firm? Your own practice? Somewhere in-between? You really need to have an idea of this before going to law school.

As for the LSAT absences, I wouldn't worry that much, if at all. Schools are going to care about your score more then anything else. So I'd miss the october one, and then really study your ass off for December. A few extra points on the LSAT can mean thousands of dollars in scholarship money and way better career opportunities,

PM me if you have any questions about the whole process.

Return to “What are my chances?”