3.84 from Ivy U/ 161 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dannyde7

Bronze

3.84 from Ivy U/ 161

Post by dannyde7 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:49 pm

I'm going to retest, but I'm curious what my odds are for schools ranked 15-30 as is.

Geat27

New

Re: 3.84 from Ivy U/ 161

Post by Geat27 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:46 pm

First, consider applying to the top 15. You have a chance there. The more places you apply, the better the odds.

Second, try not to take too seriously the numerical data on schools' applicants. Your particular story matters, as well as your persuasiveness in your application. Finally, having gone to a great college makes it harder to compare your grades to the median undergraduate GPA at the law schools you're applying to.

Consider applying to Berkeley and Michigan.

Berkeley has a reputation for focusing on applicants' GPAs. Michigan has a holistic process, tending to take into account personal statements, essays, and extracurriculars.

deadhipsters

Bronze

Post by deadhipsters » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Geat27 wrote:First, consider applying to the top 15. You have a chance there. The more places you apply, the better the odds.

Second, try not to take too seriously the numerical data on schools' applicants. Your particular story matters, as well as your persuasiveness in your application. Finally, having gone to a great college makes it harder to compare your grades to the median undergraduate GPA at the law schools you're applying to.

Berkeley has a reputation for focusing on applicants' GPAs. Michigan has a holistic process, tending to take into account personal statements, essays, and extracurriculars.

OP, you literally have no chance at T15. Retake the LSAT. You have a great GPA.

mallard

Silver

Post by mallard » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Geat27 wrote:First, consider applying to the top 15. You have a chance there. The more places you apply, the better the odds.

Where did you come from, baby?
How did you know I needed you?
How did you know I needed you so badly?
How did you know I'd give my heart gladly?
Yesterday I was one of the lonely people.

Now you're lying close to me, makin' love to me.

I believe in miracles where you from . . .

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:19 pm

LOL at this post.

Your chances now at any school top 20 is zero. And slim 20-30.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

deadhipsters

Bronze

Post by deadhipsters » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:21 pm

Yea. That has to be a flame.

JOThompson

Silver

Post by JOThompson » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:28 pm

A strong personal statement is always desirable, but you're nowhere near guaranteed T14 or T20 with your stats. You have an excellent GPA, so I recommend that you retake. Either way, you should apply broadly. Good luck.

Gold

Post by 094320 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:36 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”