ED: CCN Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
trudat15

Silver

ED: CCN

Post by trudat15 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:38 pm

So I've been contemplating where to apply for awhile now, and thanks to everyone who has been helpful in my other What are my chances? thread. Narrowed it down to CCN for ED, as I'm likely out at HYS

I dont care where I go. Just want to go to the best school possible. Will pay sticker.

164 (Dec), 174 (June), 3.45 (Georgetown UG). Plan on writing an addendum for 164 given the 10 point jump.

Best chance? I really want to ED CLS, but do you think it might be more wise to ED NYU or Chicago given my chances there are probably a bit better? Thoughts?

Gracias

AngryAvocado

Silver

Re: ED: CCN

Post by AngryAvocado » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:21 pm

I think your chances are substantially better at NYU or Chicago than they are at Columbia with those numbers (probably best at NYU but the retake could be an x factor). If your number 1 priority really is just to hit CCN, I'd pick one of those two for ED.

I also wouldn't write an addendum (unless the school specifically asks for one) if the gist of it will be anything along the lines of "I studied more the second time around." If you have a truly legitimate excuse, like a serious illness or tragedy of some kind, that's another story. Otherwise, let the score speak for itself.

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:25 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:I think your chances are substantially better at NYU or Chicago than they are at Columbia with those numbers (probably best at NYU but the retake could be an x factor). If your number 1 priority really is just to hit CCN, I'd pick one of those two for ED.

I also wouldn't write an addendum (unless the school specifically asks for one) if the gist of it will be anything along the lines of "I studied more the second time around." If you have a truly legitimate excuse, like a serious illness or tragedy of some kind, that's another story. Otherwise, let the score speak for itself.
Thanks. I think I'd go Chicago over NYU, so maybe that's the right choice. I actually was sick with the flu the week leading up to the LSAT and on the day itself, and thought I could tough it out. Should have cancelled, but really wanted to apply for last cycle so decided to let it ride (obviously should have cancelled). Although I dont want to sound cliche (I'm sure a lot of people use this as an excuse, given that it's basically unverifiable).

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:56 pm

trudat15 wrote:
AngryAvocado wrote:I think your chances are substantially better at NYU or Chicago than they are at Columbia with those numbers (probably best at NYU but the retake could be an x factor). If your number 1 priority really is just to hit CCN, I'd pick one of those two for ED.

Thanks. I think I'd go Chicago over NYU, so maybe that's the right choice. I actually was sick with the flu the week leading up to the LSAT and on the day itself, and thought I could tough it out. Should have cancelled, but really wanted to apply for last cycle so decided to let it ride (obviously should have cancelled). Although I dont want to sound cliche (I'm sure a lot of people use this as an excuse, given that it's basically unverifiable).
Well, I was in a similar situation (splitter with a retake) and I was fortunate enough to get in RD to Chicago, so I think your chances are pretty decent if you ED. You can risk RDing like I did, but their small class size can make it a bit of a crapshoot.

If you do choose to write an LSAT addendum (or any addendum for that matter), definitely keep it very short and concise. Chicago, in particular, seems to have a noticeable disdain for "extraneous" addenda.

Good luck!

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:00 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
trudat15 wrote:

Well, I was in a similar situation (splitter with a retake) and I was fortunate enough to get in RD to Chicago, so I think your chances are pretty decent if you ED. You can risk RDing like I did, but their small class size can make it a bit of a crapshoot.

If you do choose to write an LSAT addendum (or any addendum for that matter), definitely keep it very short and concise. Chicago, in particular, seems to have a noticeable disdain for "extraneous" addenda.

Good luck!
THanks! Do you mind me asking what your numbers were? I saw in your cycle in your profile and was a bit curious. Are our numbers similar? Congrats on Chicago!

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:13 am

LSN results for 3.4x/174+ suggest that your chances are very low at CCN:
Columbia 4/13 (175, 176, 176, 179)
Chicago 2/10 (174, 175)
NYU 5/12 (176 x 3, 179 x 2)

Chicago is the only one that took any 3.4x/174 this year, and it looks like Columbia/NYU want at least a 175-176. If I were you, I'd ED at Chicago.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”