Positive Progression?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jnordlander

Positive Progression?

Postby jnordlander » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:26 am

I refused to apply myself during high school and my first year and a half as an undergraduate. I have the GPA to prove it: 2.4. Since then, however, I have loaded up on units, 24 last semester, and started cranking out 3.8s. My cumulative GPA probably will probably end up in the 3.4-5 range. The question is, then, how much weight do law schools afford that sort of improvement? I have strong extra curricular activities and if I say so myself, gushing letters of recommendation.

bk1

Re: Positive Progression?

Postby bk1 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:35 am

I doubt it is going to be a significant difference. It might help a tad but don't expect it take make up for your numbers in any dramatic way.

byunbee

Postby byunbee » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:42 am

It might give you an advantage over other applicants with the same or similar numbers, but it won't give you a boost over someone with better outright numbers.

MusicNutMeggie

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:06 am

It'll give you a slight bump, but it won't make up for your GPA being below a school's median. If there's a legit reason that your first year's worth of grades sucked, write a SHORT addendum. If not, skip it.

Either way, your best bet is to rock the LSAT and hope for a great splitter cycle. Best of luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”