Emory v. Cardozo($$) Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
nol607

Bronze

Emory v. Cardozo($$)

Post by nol607 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:03 pm

Background:

-163/3.6
- Ultimate goal is to become an AUSA or ADA in major metropolitan area
- Would like opportunity to clerk
- Not positive where I want to live, would like NYC or DC. Don't want to live in Georgia, Texas, Florida
- Tentatively, no interest in biglaw, but I would like to be in a position where it is at least possible, should my interests change
-Visited Cardozo and really liked it, excited by prospect of living in NYC for three years
- Hope to deal with debt with LRAP+IRB.

I have been waitlisted at Emory and have received a 16k/year scholarship to Cardozo. I think total debt will be similar after taking into consideration the COL in NYC + higher tuition at Dozo. So it’s really not as much a question of money as it is of opportunity. I am aware of the disparity in ranking, and it seems obvious that if given the opportunity to attend 20 v. 49, pick the 20. I aspire to make law review/coif etc., but realize the lesser likelihood of this at Emory, at least considering my LSAT relative to that of my peers. I am concerned that if I end up at/below median I will be stuck in Georgia or some south-atlantic city I have no ties to. Is this fear unfounded or legitimate?

Does Emory provide employment opportunities and degree portability that would be crazy to pass up, if I am offered a seat? From my research it seems that the programs which are suited to my interests at both schools are equal, would you all agree?

Thanks for the assistance!
(Sorry, I just noticed that I posted this in 'what are my chances,' have never posted a new topic, don't know how to move it)
Last edited by nol607 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rando

Silver

Re: Emory v. Cardozo($$)

Post by rando » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:10 pm

nol607 wrote:Background:

-163/3.6
- Ultimate goal is to become an AUSA or ADA in major metropolitan area
- Would like opportunity to clerk
- Not positive where I want to live, would like NYC or DC. Don't want to live in Georgia, Texas, Florida
- Tentatively, no interest in biglaw, but I would like to be in a position where it is at least possible, should my interests change
-Visited Cardozo and really liked it, excited by prospect of living in NYC for three years
- Hope to deal with debt with LRAP+IRB.

I have been waitlisted at Emory and have received a 16k scholarship to Cardozo. I think total debt will be similar after taking into consideration the COL in NYC + higher tuition at Dozo. So it’s really not as much a question of money as it is of opportunity. I am aware of the disparity in ranking, and it seems obvious that if given the opportunity to attend 20 v. 49, pick the 20. I aspire to make law review/coif etc., but realize the lesser likelihood of this at Emory, at least considering my LSAT relative to that of my peers. I am concerned that if I end up at/below median I will be stuck in Georgia or some south-atlantic city I have no ties to. Is this fear unfounded or legitimate?

Does Emory provide employment opportunities and degree portability that would be crazy to pass up, if I am offered a seat? From my research it seems that the programs which are suited to my interests at both schools are equal, would you all agree?

Thanks for the assistance!
(Sorry, I just noticed that I posted this in 'what are my chances,' have never posted a new topic, don't know how to move it)
For where/what it is, Emory places very well in NY.

nol607

Bronze

Re: Emory v. Cardozo($$)

Post by nol607 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:51 am

bump

Return to “What are my chances?”