UConn FT vs PT chances 3.2/159

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
beach_terror

UConn FT vs PT chances 3.2/159

Postby beach_terror » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:58 pm

Hey guys,

I've got apps out to about 12 places this cycle, and I should be hearing from most by now. I got them in pretty early (late November), so it's not like I just applied. Anyway, I have a 3.2/159 with a strong PS that sorta of doubles as a diversity statement (mentally disabled sibling, and lots of volunteer experience with the mentally disabled). I'm a PA resident, and a non-URM.

I'm a 40% consider on LSP for Uconn FT, and only a 46% for PT. Is it worth sending an email to ask to be considering for PT as well? If I got into UConn I would seriously consider attending assuming I can declare residency after 1L at the very latest. I'd really prefer not to go PT if possible, and I think I'd take Temple PT over UConn PT.

Is my chance significantly better for PT, or is it more or less the same? (I know it's a decent stretch either way)

kalvano

Re: UConn FT vs PT chances 3.2/159

Postby kalvano » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:21 pm

My initial reaction is that you would get in PT, but WL / 50/50 FT.

I think schools with a PT program are going to be bumping their medians this year to compensate for USNWR.

Remember, UConn was a T1 before the PT stuff happened, and regardless of what they say about how much it affects them, it's a safe bet they will do what they need to do to return to T1 status in the next couple years.

am060459

Re: UConn FT vs PT chances 3.2/159

Postby am060459 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:34 pm

according to http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm you a CONSIDER with a 40% chance for FT into UConn. however if what the other posters stated is true then your looking at pt at UConn.

Return to “What are my chances?”