(Where, When and What Did You Think)
The Stig

Silver

Re: Michigan - March 10-12 Preview Weekend

Post by The Stig » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:53 pm

stargazer wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:
arism87 wrote: Oh.. there's a theme.. how did I miss that.. DAMN, I love a good theme party! I might not be dressing up either :(

Edit: Is this an excuse to wear the sequined dress I was too chicken to bring? Can I pull it off as an "ice skating" outfit?
As a native Floridian I will not be dressing up. This makes me rethink the party.
Don't worry, most of the admits won't be dressing up. Actually, some law students may not either, so you won't feel out of place at all. Either way, the Phid party should be a good time, as will the bar night tomorrow night. The Phid party was one of my favorite events when I went to preview weekend, and I have equal expectations for this Friday.

Feel free to ask away if you have any questions!
both the bar night and phid party are going to be really fun. bar night is at scorekeepers, a sports bar with a dance floor and ridiculously cheap drinks ($1 long islands, $2.75 pitchers of coors, etc.). law school events at skeeps are insanely fun. it's a very popular bar though so i would recommend getting to the bar closer to 10. no one really knows when a line will form..11? 1130? (and the university had spring break last week so everyone is back and wants to go out). also, i would recommend stopping by NYPD for some late night pizza after skeeps. soo good.
as flight of the earls said, don't worry about dressing up for the phid party. there are always current students who choose not to dress to the theme. that being said, if you want to dress up, go for it! phid house party = jungle juice, kegs, table dancing, etc. always a good time.
This skeeps? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fvP4OACmWw

stargazer

New

Post by stargazer » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:24 pm

The Stig wrote:
stargazer wrote:the bar night and phid party are going to be really fun. bar night is at scorekeepers, a sports bar with a dance floor and ridiculously cheap drinks ($1 long islands, $2.75 pitchers of coors, etc.). law school events at skeeps are insanely fun. it's a very popular bar though so i would recommend getting to the bar closer to 10. no one really knows when a line will form..11? 1130? (and the university had spring break last week so everyone is back and wants to go out). also, i would recommend stopping by NYPD for some late night pizza after skeeps. soo good.
as flight of the earls said, don't worry about dressing up for the phid party. there are always current students who choose not to dress to the theme. that being said, if you want to dress up, go for it! phid house party = jungle juice, kegs, table dancing, etc. always a good time.
This skeeps? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fvP4OACmWw
YES. hahahaha i love that you've seen pursuit of jappiness.

cigol

New

Post by cigol » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Any feedback from the first Admitted Students' Weekend?

The Stig

Silver

Post by The Stig » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:44 pm

cigol wrote:Any feedback from the first Admitted Students' Weekend?
it was very interesttinngggggg :D

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Loved it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

R.R. Raskolnikov

Bronze

Post by R.R. Raskolnikov » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:00 am

Tanicius wrote:Loved it.
+ a lot

scorky

New

Post by scorky » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:21 am

I had a great time! Seemed like most others did too.

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:35 am

The professor from the mock class is simply amazing.

dorriedoodle

New

Post by dorriedoodle » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:38 am

Agreed! He made me excited about law school in general! (As opposed to terrified and intimidated)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:17 am

For those of you that haven't had a chance to read the good news:
Other schools that fared well in the recruiters' survey include Columbia University and University of Michigan—Ann Arbor, tied for fourth place; New York University and the University of Virginia in sixth place; and Cornell University, Duke University, Northwestern University, University of California—Berkeley, and University of Chicago, all in eighth place. Those were stronger showings for Michigan and Cornell compared to their rankings in the overall U.S. News list.
http://www.usnews.com/education/best-gr ... aw-schools

nerdherder

New

Post by nerdherder » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:36 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:The professor from the mock class is simply amazing.
+50

dorriedoodle

New

Post by dorriedoodle » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:04 pm

Who has lucky number seven??

er doctor

Bronze

Post by er doctor » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Did anyone bring a significant other to ASW #1? If so were they welcome at the events?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wolverine2014

Bronze

Post by wolverine2014 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:43 pm

er doctor wrote:Did anyone bring a significant other to ASW #1? If so were they welcome at the events?
I considered it and after attending ASW 1 I'm glad I did not bring her. Dean Z and her staff do a fine job keeping our days and nights packed. I'm sure your significant other would feel strange attending a faculty/student reception or a dinner with current Michigan students. Unless you plan on staying till Sunday, I suggest you go solo. Just my $0.02.

sarahh

Silver

Post by sarahh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:15 pm

er doctor wrote:Did anyone bring a significant other to ASW #1? If so were they welcome at the events?
One guy brought his wife to the events. I don't think it was a big deal. The only reason I knew she was not a perspective student was because I talked to her for a few minutes.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Visits”