Visit to Univ. of Miami and didn't like what I saw Forum

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
holydonkey

Silver

Re: Visit to Univ. of Miami and didn't like what I saw

Post by holydonkey » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:38 pm

miamiman wrote:Reasons why i think you're a flame:
Fourth: UM seems like a resort with huge pools, great facilities, lots of parties etc. This may sound great ,but it can be a BIG distraction to law students. Keep that in mind.
Stetson seemed like the jewel of them all with a top notch advocacy program and elder law program and being very student- centric. Sadly, Stetson is almost as expensive as Miami, although it is cheaper by about $7000 per year,and doesn't have the overall ranking that either Miami and Florida have.
Bottom line: Miami does have a good rankings and nice environment. However, I would personally recommend Stetson or Florida over Miami.
This. And:
taxguy wrote:Moreover, most faculty graduated from top schools.
You're surprised that most of the faculty at Miami graduated from top schools? You thought they'd all be from Ave Maria? Even University of Phoenix hires Yale grads.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:42 pm

taxguy wrote:
rad law wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:ITT: 0Ls talk shit.
Dude this is the internet what did you expect
Well, from law students I expect honor, decency, respect, competant advocacy rather than ranking citations and jive. Oh yes, clear writing and not "TTT, etc." I guess I expect too much from anyone on the internet.
I didn't cite any rankings or ever say "TTT," so I have no clue that you're talking about.

miamiman

Silver

Post by miamiman » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:44 pm

taxguy wrote:
rad law wrote:
Nightrunner wrote:ITT: 0Ls talk shit.
Dude this is the internet what did you expect
Well, from law students I expect honor, decency, respect, competant advocacy rather than ranking citations and jive. Oh yes, clear writing and not "TTT, etc." I guess I expect too much from anyone on the internet.
Weird, I only expect competent spelling.

Also, we should respect you simply because...youre older? Or because youre allegedly an attorney?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Visits”