UC Irvine ASD

(Where, When and What Did You Think)
dontstopbelivin

UC Irvine ASD

Postby dontstopbelivin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:34 am

Just booked my plane tickets to visit UC Irvine on Admitted Student Day - now the count-down can begin!

On that note, will anyone be there Wednesday night? Any interest in a TLS-get together?

Also, who else is planning to attend?

1800calturk

Re: UC Irvine ASD

Postby 1800calturk » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:24 am

I will see you there bud! Where are you planning on staying? These hotels they sent us are still pretty steep, considering I'd have to stay two nights (the night before and the night of) so I'll have a place to put my crap.

Really, really excited.

dontstopbelivin

Postby dontstopbelivin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:39 am

I'm thinking the Radisson, since the free UCI shuttle is necessary (not renting a car = one less cost/hassle for the week) and it's the least pricey of the bunch. Are there other (cheaper) options around? My guess is you'll be hard-pressed in that area to get much below $90/night.

DoctorNick189

Postby DoctorNick189 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:42 am

Not going to ASD, but pretty sure I'm submitting my SIR tomorrow, so I'll be with you in spirit.

ViP

Postby ViP » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:50 am

I will definitely be there, and I can't wait. Very, very excited to see what the atmosphere will be like.

lt0826

Postby lt0826 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:13 am

Definitely will be there for ASD and hoping to visit before that as well to catch them on a normal unplanned day as well. I am very excited to visit. :-)

FuzzyKiwi

Postby FuzzyKiwi » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Really excited also - driving up from San Diego so it's not too far for me.
See you all there!

Sew

Postby Sew » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:39 pm

I'll be there! I will also be visiting UCI before ASD to sit in on a class, etc. So I'm mostly looking forward to meeting all of the other admitted students on ADS, since I will have already had a chance to check out the program and campus.

1800calturk

Postby 1800calturk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Sew wrote:I'll be there! I will also be visiting UCI before ASD to sit in on a class, etc. So I'm mostly looking forward to meeting all of the other admitted students on ADS, since I will have already had a chance to check out the program and campus.

Keep us updated on your class visit!

Faesha

Postby Faesha » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:48 pm

I'll be there as well! Looking forward to everything.

Kase Law

Postby Kase Law » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:13 pm

dontstopbelivin wrote:Just booked my plane tickets to visit UC Irvine on Admitted Student Day - now the count-down can begin!

On that note, will anyone be there Wednesday night? Any interest in a TLS-get together?

I'll be going to ASD! Keep me posted on that TLS get together Wednesday night, I live close! Sounds fun.

dontstopbelivin

Postby dontstopbelivin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:25 pm

Kase Law wrote:
dontstopbelivin wrote:Just booked my plane tickets to visit UC Irvine on Admitted Student Day - now the count-down can begin!

I'll be going to ASD! Keep me posted on that TLS get together Wednesday night, I live close! Sounds fun.

It sounds like the current UCI students are pulling something at Steelhead Brewery around 8 p.m. Wednesday (http://www.steelheadbrewery.com). How long do you think that'll last? I definitely want to make it, but my flight gets into LAX around 9 pm...

Can't wait to meet many of you soon!

Kase Law

Postby Kase Law » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:40 pm

dontstopbelivin wrote:
Kase Law wrote:

It sounds like the current UCI students are pulling something at Steelhead Brewery around 8 p.m. Wednesday (http://www.steelheadbrewery.com). How long do you think that'll last? I definitely want to make it, but my flight gets into LAX around 9 pm...

Can't wait to meet many of you soon!

Haha I got that email right after I first responded. Hopefully you'll make it in time! I'm sure everyone will still be there when you get into town!

lt0826

Postby lt0826 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Pretty sure I am going to be submitting my SIR on Thursday :-D.

Anyone else besides dontstopbelivin staying at Radisson? Will any of you have a car and be attending the BBQ?

Jenny with the SBA says she will try and find a ride for me back to the hotel after the BBQ but also suggested I see if anyone else is staying at the Radisson and has a car, so thought I'd ask here first. Prefer not to rent a car, but am considering renting a car if I can score one for less than $25/day on Priceline since I will have time to kill on Friday. If I do that I will be arriving around 9PM tomorrow and leaving around 6PM on Friday if people needs rides to/from the John Wayne Airport.

Also do us Radisson folks want to take a shuttle together to UCI Thurs AM? If so should we all plan to shuttle over there at 8:00 or so (should give us 30-45 mins for the breakfast).

If I do rent a car I can give a ride as well.

ViP

Postby ViP » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:19 pm

Does anyone know the policy with regard to bringing a +1 to ASD?

lt0826

Postby lt0826 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:02 am

ViP wrote:Does anyone know the policy with regard to bringing a +1 to ASD?

Not sure about Irvine, but +1s were welcome at other ASDs for some, but not all, of the activities. I'd send out an email to Dean Ortiz to check.

lt0826

Postby lt0826 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:42 pm

FYI - Found a very good rate on a car rental at the last minute, so I have decided to rent a car. dontstopbelivin and I are meeting at the lobby at 8AM tomorrow. I can give a couple others a ride. If you are at the Radisson meet us in the lobby at 8AM or if you are nearby I could conceivably swing by and pick you up if you need a ride. It's going to be a small car, so I am guessing up to four is comfortable.

Return to “Talk About Law School Visits, Open Houses, Admit Days”