In at Stanford! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
adameus

Silver

Re: In at Stanford!

Post by adameus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:04 pm

crackberry wrote: Hahaha wait what? Why the superfluous "I hate Stanford" comment?

And yes, the course is awesome.
I think he hates the fact that its such a nice place and it's making his decision between it and Yale that much harder...

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:05 pm

adameus wrote:
crackberry wrote: Hahaha wait what? Why the superfluous "I hate Stanford" comment?

I think he hates the fact that its such a nice place and it's making his decision between it and Yale that much harder...
Well to be fair, Yale has an incredible golf course as well. That said, you can play Stanford's 12 months out of the year. In New Haven, golf is only a realistic possibility for about 7-8 months - and the 5 months when you can't play are the ones when you're actually in school.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:06 pm

adameus wrote:

It's a bunch of things. Yes, it's annoying that they're making me have the toughest decision of my life. I'm also a die-hard Cal fan, and am thus obliged to hate 'Furd. Also, the campus looks like a Taco Bell. But mostly I hate how I can't decide.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:08 pm

adameus wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
CardinalRules wrote: It's very attractive, yes. Plus, you get to play on the same course as Tiger Woods.
That just doesn't have the same awesomeness that it used to.
did you see his interview on ESPN? Just brutally non-informative. Did he really tell us anything we didn't know? I thought the interviewer did a good job of asking as much as possible in 5 minutes, but tiger woods was closed tighter than a camel's ass in a sand storm.
I know. Still, the man remains one of the greatest golfers who has ever lived, and it's possible to admire his stunning accomplishments in sports without admiring him as a person.

And I agree on the "hate how I can't make a decision" thought.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:09 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
adameus wrote:

It's a bunch of things. Yes, it's annoying that they're making me have the toughest decision of my life. I'm also a die-hard Cal fan, and am thus obliged to hate 'Furd. Also, the campus looks like a Taco Bell. But mostly I hate how I can't decide.
Well to be fair, Cal sucks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:10 pm

crackberry wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:
adameus wrote:

Well to be fair, Cal sucks.
Yeah, we kinda do...seriously, who can't beat d00k in the NCAA tournament?

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:12 pm

CardinalRules wrote: I know. Still, the man remains one of the greatest golfers who has ever lived, and it's possible to admire his stunning accomplishments in sports without admiring him as a person.
I am as excited as you that he will be back for the Masters. Golf sucks without him. I just thought his interview was terrible, but not nearly as bad as his staged press conference. As much as these past 4 months really made Tiger appear more "Human", the press conference and interview cemented the fact that he is either an alien or a robot.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:14 pm

adameus wrote:
CardinalRules wrote: I know. Still, the man remains one of the greatest golfers who has ever lived, and it's possible to admire his stunning accomplishments in sports without admiring him as a person.
I am as excited as you that he will be back for the Masters. Golf sucks without him. I just thought his interview was terrible, but not nearly as bad as his staged press conference. As much as these past 4 months really made Tiger appear more "Human", the press conference and interview cemented the fact that he is either an alien or a robot.
An alien or a robot that went to Stanford.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:17 pm

adameus wrote:
The robot hypothesis is supported by some of the shots that he routinely makes. I can't even imagine possessing such physical ability, not that I'm any sort of athlete myself. Maybe Tiger was developed in a biology lab right here at Stanford. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:20 pm

Whenever something or someone famous connected to Stanford comes into the conversation, you can expect to hear some Crackling noises in the background.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:29 pm

CardinalRules wrote:Whenever something or someone famous connected to Stanford comes into the conversation, you can expect to hear some Crackling noises in the background.
Subtle, but nice. Especially the capital "C."

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:48 pm

crackberry wrote:
Kretzy wrote:Thanks Cardinal!
Are you actually gonna send your deposit? I sort of want to - if only because it means my ID card (which I still have) will begin to work on campus again, which means I can play the golf course for $25 all summer.
I'm bringing my deposit to ASW.

citydweller09

Bronze

Post by citydweller09 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:35 pm

How are people able to view their financial aid award letter? I got the email today and set up my account about an hour ago, but when I login it takes me to this STARS page. There is no "Finances" tab anywhere. Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawyering

Bronze

Post by lawyering » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:36 pm

citydweller09 wrote:How are people able to view their financial aid award letter? I got the email today and set up my account about an hour ago, but when I login it takes me to this STARS page. There is no "Finances" tab anywhere. Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?
yeah, same thing happened to me. it takes a short while for the STARS account to open, but a few hours more for them to populate it with your information. try later tonight, or if that fails, tomorrow! :)

The Dan

Bronze

Post by The Dan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:27 pm

ConMan345 wrote:
Kretzy wrote:Didn't mean to give false hope :oops:

Good luck to the other folks still waiting, sorry to those who didn't get as much as they would've liked.
In any case, I expect it to blow HLS out of the water.
It might, depending on your circumstances. My financial aid packages were almost identical, however.

citydweller09

Bronze

Post by citydweller09 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Well, just took a look at my award letter. Stanford cordially invites me to take out $70k+ in loans ... per year!

:lol:

Putting my withdrawal form in the mail tomorrow. Enjoy Palo Alto, y'all.

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:33 pm

citydweller09 wrote:Well, just took a look at my award letter. Stanford cordially invites me to take out $70k+ in loans ... per year!

If SLS gave you nothing HLS sure isn't going to give you anything either.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:37 pm

legends159 wrote:
citydweller09 wrote:Well, just took a look at my award letter. Stanford cordially invites me to take out $70k+ in loans ... per year!

Probably wouldn't matter from the tone of his/her post.

citydweller09

Bronze

Post by citydweller09 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:39 pm

legends159 wrote:

Yup, that's what I'm expecting at this point. Not an ideal situation, to say the least, but not terribly surprising. Since I'm looking at paying sticker for both, HLS is my preference. I'll be sad to miss out on all that good Stanford weather though!

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:54 pm

My folks are pestering me for a website to get Stanford gear. I saw the bookstore site, but is there somewhere with SLS stuff? My dad wants a hat.

Herb Watchfell

Bronze

Post by Herb Watchfell » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Kretzy wrote:My folks are pestering me for a website to get Stanford gear. I saw the bookstore site, but is there somewhere with SLS stuff? My dad wants a hat.
I know you don't like me and all, but I'll help you out:

http://www.lids.com/did/252

Not a stanford site, but they have some variety. Hopefully your dad will like one of those.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:57 pm

Kretzy wrote:My folks are pestering me for a website to get Stanford gear. I saw the bookstore site, but is there somewhere with SLS stuff? My dad wants a hat.
Your best bet is probably to wait for ASW and then to pick something up at the physical bookstore. They definitely have some SLS stuff there.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:59 pm

Thanks, much appreciated!

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:25 pm

wow! look at Herb's new Avatar. And he is posting in a humane manner. I guess that Yale acceptance has got him feeling good.

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:29 pm

adameus wrote:wow! look at Herb's new Avatar. And he is posting in a humane manner. I guess that Yale acceptance has got him feeling good.
It's like an extremist version of the Managamy shift.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”