In at Stanford! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kretzy

Silver

Re: In at Stanford!

Post by Kretzy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:59 pm

booby87 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
cavebat2000 wrote:Will you two stop posting so often! Seeing "In at Stanford!" on the top of the forum thread list makes me think new people were admitted to Stanford and maybe I'll hear back from them soon! But noooooooooo... its you two posting again. Stop that! lol
Mom came in and ruined all the fun. Didn't even let me save before she shut off the N64...
FYI, I will have N64 with GoldenEye, MarioKart and Super Smash Bros in my room in Munger.
i'm there.

do we have to sign up for admit weekend?
I don't believe so.

And, if we're playing GoldenEye, I just want to state for the record that using Oddjob is cheating.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Kretzy wrote:And, if we're playing GoldenEye, I just want to state for the record that using Oddjob is cheating.
No doubt. So is the shortcut on Wario Stadium in MarioKart.

Lysis

Bronze

Post by Lysis » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:03 pm

I WANT TO PLAY!!!

8)

Also Zelda64 had better be there. We can take turns?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Lysis wrote:I WANT TO PLAY!!!

8)

RSVP'ing for N64 is contingent on attending SLS...

I'll bring Wave Race :P

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lysis

Bronze

Post by Lysis » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:08 pm

Kretzy wrote:

8)

That's not fair. My enrollment decision is largely dependent on video game availability in the dorms.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Lysis wrote:
Kretzy wrote:

8)

That's not fair. My enrollment decision is largely dependent on video game availability in the dorms.
Rules are rules. HLS just can't compete...

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:31 pm

anmo wrote:
Kretzy wrote:I woke up this morning with an incredible urge to put down my deposit, despite spending the weekend reading about Columbia and U. Chicago...

The only thing that stopped me is having not heard from Yale.
I wrote out the check this morning! It is currently sitting in the out-mail tray by the door in my office. I'm anxious for the mailman to come and pick it up. I keep thinking... should I hold out for Harvard or wait to hear what/if Chicago is offering... But I keep coming back to the same thought - it wouldn't matter anyways. Gulp!
Did you send it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BioEBear2010

Silver

Post by BioEBear2010 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:40 pm

Oh man too much action in this thread. I thought people were finally getting accepted again!

Anyway, N64 is the best system of all time. Zelda OoT, Goldeneye, Mario Kart, SSB, Star Fox...so many good memories.

skynet

Bronze

Post by skynet » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:42 pm

booby87 wrote:is anyone bringing a SO to the admit weekend? is this looked down upon? will he have things to do while we're busy with the program?

also, someone's gotta bring a wii...i <3 super smash brothers on the wii

I am bringing Mrs. Skynet and Zelda Spirit Tracks. Which SO did you mean?

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:49 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skynet

Bronze

Post by skynet » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:52 pm

booby87 wrote:
skynet wrote:
booby87 wrote:is anyone bringing a SO to the admit weekend? is this looked down upon? will he have things to do while we're busy with the program?

I am bringing Mrs. Skynet and Zelda Spirit Tracks. Which SO did you mean?
significant other
Oh, um...
I was sort of joking that i spend about equal time with both so either might be considered an SO...
nevermind, I think I just proved that the nexus of Law School, artificial intelligence, video games, love, and self-deprecating humor is a null set. This discovery is way more important than my lame joke!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:18 pm

skynet wrote:Oh, um...
I was sort of joking that i spend about equal time with both so either might be considered an SO...
nevermind, I think I just proved that the nexus of Law School, artificial intelligence, video games, love, and self-deprecating humor is a null set. This discovery is way more important than my lame joke!
I got your joke. I kinda liked it.

anmo

New

Post by anmo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:24 pm

I e-mailed about bringing my SO and was encouraged to do so. They said the SOs can participate in a lot, but not all of the activities/meetings and that there is plenty to do on and around campus during the "admit only" activites. Someone who's been to Stanford can probably verify or reject the claim about there being a lot to do.

tomhobbes

Bronze

Post by tomhobbes » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:28 pm

crackberry wrote:
I was okay with the joke.

By the way, were you guys talking about your 250s in the Stanford thread because Asha has scared everyone away from the Yale thread? She's probably watching us here, too... Maybe we should give her a nickname, like Big Sister.

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

skynet

Bronze

Post by skynet » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:39 pm

You guys! Thanks for liking my joke!

Anyways: seriously, if your SO will be bored out of her/his mind by LS panels, what else is there to do? Tour around SF? Try to infiltrate the Apple campus?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:40 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
crackberry wrote:

By the way, were you guys talking about your 250s in the Stanford thread because Asha has scared everyone away from the Yale thread? She's probably watching us here, too... Maybe we should give her a nickname, like Big Sister.
No, I think we were just all following this thread and not the Yale thread. I know Kretzy is no longer worried about being "found-out" by Asha. I'm pretty sure he's resigned to that fact. I think Kronk and I know that if Asha wanted to, she could match us to our apps pretty easily.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:42 pm

skynet wrote:You guys! Thanks for liking my joke!

Anyways: seriously, if your SO will be bored out of her/his mind by LS panels, what else is there to do? Tour around SF? Try to infiltrate the Apple campus?
Does Apple even have a "campus"? Google, on the other hand...

So there is stuff to do around Stanford but it's not exactly NYC. There are good restaurants in Palo Alto, and the beach is close by. I dunno. I probably would not bring an SO to ASW, but I'm sure they will be fine.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:42 pm

crackberry wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:
crackberry wrote:

No, I think we were just all following this thread and not the Yale thread. I know Kretzy is no longer worried about being "found-out" by Asha. I'm pretty sure he's resigned to that fact. I think Kronk and I know that if Asha wanted to, she could match us to our apps pretty easily.
Um...yeah, take one letter away from my SN and you have my last name...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

skynet

Bronze

Post by skynet » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:46 pm

crackberry wrote:I probably would not bring an SO to ASW, but I'm sure they will be fine.
Yeah, I am not bringing her to the HLS weekend,b/c she is already familiar with Boston. Since she has a big stake in the decision, though, I think it is important for her to get some feel for our potential home for the next 3 years. Maybe I'll send her apartment hunting, just in case.

booby87

Bronze

Post by booby87 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Last edited by booby87 on Mon May 02, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:42 pm

crackberry wrote:
skynet wrote:You guys! Thanks for liking my joke!

Does Apple even have a "campus"? Google, on the other hand...

So there is stuff to do around Stanford but it's not exactly NYC. There are good restaurants in Palo Alto, and the beach is close by. I dunno. I probably would not bring an SO to ASW, but I'm sure they will be fine.
My sister enjoyed her visits here, but she's not a person who needs to be entertained every second of the day. The campus is beautiful for walking or jogging.

ndnlawdc

Bronze

Post by ndnlawdc » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:11 pm

skynet wrote:
crackberry wrote:I probably would not bring an SO to ASW, but I'm sure they will be fine.
Yeah, I am not bringing her to the HLS weekend,b/c she is already familiar with Boston. Since she has a big stake in the decision, though, I think it is important for her to get some feel for our potential home for the next 3 years. Maybe I'll send her apartment hunting, just in case.
My wife came last year. I think the only things she couldn't go to were the sample class (because there's no room big enough for all the admits, much less admits+SOs) and maybe a panel discussion or two? Most things were open to SOs. If nothing else, they can go browse the bookstore for an hour, or head out to the museum.

BTW, don't bring your parents. A couple of kids did that at HLS and I sooo judged them.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”