In at Stanford! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Re: In at Stanford!

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:54 am

Last edited by WhiskeyGuy on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:55 am

Kretzy wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
Kronk wrote:tbf I participate but am not accepted to SLS. Nor am I likely to be. hth
It's OK, [strike]your humor[/strike] the fact you're from Colorado, though only slightly amusing gives you the right to participate as an honorary guest.
FTFY.
Pfft, blatant defamation. You luff my jokes.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:17 am

WhiskeyGuy wrote:Congrats to the new admits! I hope the banter of some of more eccentric posters hasn't soured your opinion of SLS.!
+1 on the congrats, and definitely don't take our banter too seriously. We're not nearly as odd as we may sound, except for Kronk. :D

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:12 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
WhiskeyGuy wrote:Congrats to the new admits! I hope the banter of some of more eccentric posters hasn't soured your opinion of SLS.!
+1 on the congrats, and definitely don't take our banter too seriously. We're not nearly as odd as we may sound, except for Kronk. :D
I would have added more exceptions :)

anmo

New

Post by anmo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:42 pm

WhiskeyGuy wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
Hey Whiskey - Did you ever get an e-mail confirming your seat deposit? If so, how long did it take? Thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:49 pm

anmo wrote:
WhiskeyGuy wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
Hey Whiskey - Did you ever get an e-mail confirming your seat deposit? If so, how long did it take? Thanks
Yep, I did about a week and a half after I sent in my desposit.

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Have folks bought plane tickets yet or are you waiting for the 2010 schedule to be put up online?

anmo

New

Post by anmo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:52 pm

WhiskeyGuy wrote:
Yep, I did about a week and a half after I sent in my desposit.
thanks!

anmo

New

Post by anmo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Already got my tickets. I'm going in a day early though. Never been to the bay area so I'm gonna spend a day in San Francisco and check it out. I actually think the new schedule is up on the ASWebsite... They updated it last week.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:56 pm

WhiskeyGuy wrote:Have folks bought plane tickets yet or are you waiting for the 2010 schedule to be put up online?
I did; I'm actually doing Columbia-Chicago-SLS all in the same trip (plus a vacation in SF), so I bought them a while back.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:11 pm

WhiskeyGuy wrote:Have folks bought plane tickets yet or are you waiting for the 2010 schedule to be put up online?
Yeah the new schedule is already online. Looks pretty good. I'm disappointed there's no golf (legends159 said something about golf at last year's ASW but I didn't see it on last year's schedule so I dunno), but other than that it looks cool. No plane tickets for me, as Stanford is only a 30 minute drive from my place in the Mission. I'm actually heading down there right now to do some research at Hoover.

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:35 pm

crackberry wrote:
Yeah the new schedule is already online. Looks pretty good. I'm disappointed there's no golf (legends159 said something about golf at last year's ASW but I didn't see it on last year's schedule so I dunno), but other than that it looks cool. No plane tickets for me, as Stanford is only a 30 minute drive from my place in the Mission. I'm actually heading down there right now to do some research at Hoover.
Hmm...where is the new schedule? I still have only the 2009 schedule showing.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:36 pm

WhiskeyGuy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
At least if you click on the Minority Preview schedule, it opens a word document with the schedule for this year. I didn't do the same for the general schedule, but only because I just decided to attend the Minority Preview today.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:37 pm

WhiskeyGuy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
On the admitted students site, which has been totally revamped, the new schedule is up.

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:42 pm

crackberry wrote:
WhiskeyGuy wrote:
crackberry wrote:
On the admitted students site, which has been totally revamped, the new schedule is up.
I must have missed a memo; the admitted students site is still the same for me. Is the address https://www.stanford.edu/dept/law/admit/auth/index.html ?

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:43 pm

WhiskeyGuy wrote: I must have missed a memo; the admitted students site is still the same for me. Is the address https://www.stanford.edu/dept/law/admit/auth/index.html ?
https://www.stanford.edu/dept/law/cgi-b ... -students/

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Kretzy wrote:
WhiskeyGuy wrote: I must have missed a memo; the admitted students site is still the same for me. Is the address https://www.stanford.edu/dept/law/admit/auth/index.html ?
https://www.stanford.edu/dept/law/cgi-b ... -students/
Thank you! Wonder how I missed this...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

coollegemex

Bronze

Post by coollegemex » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:13 pm

I can't log into the admitted site anymore...it doesn't even recognize my name or email address. Dean Faye realized her mistake lol

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:22 pm

This guy needs a ban.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:24 pm

Renaixença wrote:
coollegemex wrote:I can't log into the admitted site anymore...it doesn't even recognize my name or email address. Dean Faye realized her mistake lol
]
Yeah, I'm not going to quote that to dignify it, but mods?

Seriously, dude, GTFO.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Yeah Renaix whatever has nothing but backhanded compliments and negative things to say.
Last edited by crackberry on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:28 pm

coollegemex wrote:I can't log into the admitted site anymore...it doesn't even recognize my name or email address. Dean Faye realized her mistake lol
In all seriousness, email Faye (or call her if she gave you her #). Probably just some sort of admin mistake.

Kretzy

Silver

Post by Kretzy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:54 pm

So, now that it's March, do we get to anxiously await the start of financial aid decisions?

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Kretzy wrote:So, now that it's March, do we get to anxiously await the start of financial aid decisions?
The deadline is March 15, I think. I wouldn't imagine we'll hear anything til that has come and gone.

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:58 pm

Another question for those familiar with the area: what shuttle service do you recommend? (Preferably one that doesn't charge more than $26.)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”