Candy Kallen

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
melaniec
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Candy Kallen

Postby melaniec » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi XXXXX,

Just a quick clarification. In the last email I sent you, I mentioned holding the scholarship for you until tomorrow. Scholarships are awarded at the time of acceptance to our program and I was only asking that you apply by tomorrow. (You don't have to commit to the school or make your final decision). It would help me gauge where I am with my scholarship budget. I know things get busy this time of year, so if you could apply by next Wednesday that would be great. That not only gives you a couple more days to complete the application, but also gives me some time to try to process it before the holiday break.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Candy

... I feel truly honored, Candy. I'll get on it right away.

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby jaskat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:05 pm

melaniec wrote:Hi XXXXX,

Just a quick clarification. In the last email I sent you, I mentioned holding the scholarship for you until tomorrow. Scholarships are awarded at the time of acceptance to our program and I was only asking that you apply by tomorrow. (You don't have to commit to the school or make your final decision). It would help me gauge where I am with my scholarship budget. I know things get busy this time of year, so if you could apply by next Wednesday that would be great. That not only gives you a couple more days to complete the application, but also gives me some time to try to process it before the holiday break.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Candy

... I feel truly honored, Candy. I'll get on it right away.



I take those e-mails as law school jokes. At first I though my friends had sent them to me as a practical joke. I mean Candy? really? Is that a legit Dean's name?

User avatar
rcharles
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby rcharles » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Wow I hadn't heard from Candy in a awhile, then I received this same email a few minutes after I read this thread. I guess she could sense my envy...

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby Slimpee » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:22 pm

I'll probably ignore it like the others.

I do cold-calling for work and know how hard this type of thing is. I hope only the best for her!
Last edited by Slimpee on Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Give her a break, she's just doing her job. I asked to be removed and I haven't heard from her since.

Americorps09
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby Americorps09 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:32 pm

She just doesn't give up. You think she would quit if I asked her if she previously worked as a dancer?

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby parker09 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Aww, you guys got that too? ...I thought I was special :(

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby Drake014 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:43 pm

parker09 wrote:Aww, you guys got that too? ...I thought I was special :(


I bet Candy has something special for you that she doesn't share with any of the boys. :twisted:

User avatar
matrix637
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby matrix637 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Candy is my hero! LOL Somebody should apply....even if its out of pity :D

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby Drake014 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:45 pm

matrix637 wrote:Candy is my hero! LOL Somebody should apply....even if its out of pity :D


She's got a job related to the legal field, she's all our heros.

User avatar
matrix637
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:04 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby matrix637 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:47 pm

Drake014 wrote:
matrix637 wrote:Candy is my hero! LOL Somebody should apply....even if its out of pity :D


She's got a job related to the legal field, she's all our heros.


Well if she plans on keeping her job she should seriously reconsider her name.... :|

User avatar
Pankun
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri May 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby Pankun » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:53 pm

jaskat wrote:I mean Candy? really? Is that a legit Dean's name?


And now ... standing at 5'3", light-skin beauty with dimples ... from the A-town ... DEAN CANDY!!

User avatar
rx3r
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby rx3r » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:03 pm

Drake014 wrote:
parker09 wrote:Aww, you guys got that too? ...I thought I was special :(


I bet Candy has something special for you that she doesn't share with any of the boys. :twisted:


Poor woman. One day she will google her name and this is what's going to show up.

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby Drake014 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:07 pm

rx3r wrote:
Drake014 wrote:
parker09 wrote:Aww, you guys got that too? ...I thought I was special :(


I bet Candy has something special for you that she doesn't share with any of the boys. :twisted:


Poor woman. One day she will google her name and this is what's going to show up.


I doubt this would come up near the top.... Oh damn, its like the third choice.

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby parker09 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Drake014 wrote:
rx3r wrote:
Drake014 wrote:
parker09 wrote:Aww, you guys got that too? ...I thought I was special :(


I bet Candy has something special for you that she doesn't share with any of the boys. :twisted:


Poor woman. One day she will google her name and this is what's going to show up.


I doubt this would come up near the top.... Oh damn, its like the third choice.


...omg, you're totally right.

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby Drake014 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:12 pm

matrix637 wrote:
Drake014 wrote:
matrix637 wrote:Candy is my hero! LOL Somebody should apply....even if its out of pity :D


She's got a job related to the legal field, she's all our heros.


Well if she plans on keeping her job she should seriously reconsider her name.... :|


I bet it helped her get hired.

User avatar
legalzoom
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:46 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby legalzoom » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:17 pm

We should bombard her with messages on Facebook.

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby Drake014 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:21 pm

legalzoom wrote:We should bombard her with messages on Facebook.


Now that would just be mean. :evil:

User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby jaskat » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:36 pm

But a tiny bit fun... just a tiny bit.

User avatar
Fast_Fingers
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby Fast_Fingers » Sat May 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Another message!

Hi (Fast_Fingers),

I sent you several emails over the last few months. I am writing this time to tell you that our scholarship budget has changed and based on your LSAT and GPA scores you may now qualify for a Merit scholarship of $20,000 per year for our full-time program. I also want to remind you that we are still taking applications for Fall 2010. I waived your application fee.

On another note, PhoenixLaw students recently competed in the John J. Gibbons Moot Court Competition hosted by Seton Hall. PhoenixLaw won Best Petitioner's Brief with Georgetown winning Best Respondent's Brief. Our students also made it to the octa-finals. Would you like more information about out Moot Court Program? Reply to this email and I will send it to you.

Regards,

Candy

PS. If you get a chance visit our website -- there you can learn more about our school through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social networking sites.

Candy Kallen
Assistant Director of Admissions
________________________________________
Phoenix School of Law
4041 N. Central Ave., Suite 100
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
T 602.682.6813 F 602.682.6999
1.888.PHX LAW1
http://www.phoenixlaw.edu
ckallen@phoenixlaw.edu
________________________________________

Ask me about our Part-time Program

Connect with PhoenixLaw


Note: This is already what I'm getting at Minnesota, and less than what U of Arizona offered me. So I may have to think about it... :wink:

primusux
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby primusux » Sat May 01, 2010 11:04 pm

WHAT?! she only offered me 15. What a load of BS.

User avatar
iShotFirst
Posts: 460
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:13 am

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby iShotFirst » Sat May 01, 2010 11:10 pm

I've been hearing about this person for a while and finally got my first email from her today, feel like I finally hit the big leagues!

User avatar
sixburgher
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby sixburgher » Sat May 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Man, I just found Candy's latest treat in the spam folder. I tried out the 'unsubscribe' at the bottom. Now I'll see how that affects our relationship

User avatar
sixburgher
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby sixburgher » Sat May 01, 2010 11:19 pm

This time the offer was 18k. Like others ITT this is less than I was offered by real schools.

I see your game, Kallen. :twisted:

User avatar
holydonkey
Posts: 1184
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Candy Kallen

Postby holydonkey » Sat May 01, 2010 11:35 pm

Fast_Fingers wrote:Another message!

Hi (Fast_Fingers),

I sent you several emails over the last few months. I am writing this time to tell you that our scholarship budget has changed and based on your LSAT and GPA scores you may now qualify for a Merit scholarship of $20,000 per year for our full-time program. I also want to remind you that we are still taking applications for Fall 2010. I waived your application fee.

On another note, PhoenixLaw students recently competed in the John J. Gibbons Moot Court Competition hosted by Seton Hall. PhoenixLaw won Best Petitioner's Brief with Georgetown winning Best Respondent's Brief. Our students also made it to the octa-finals. Would you like more information about out Moot Court Program? Reply to this email and I will send it to you.

Regards,

Candy

PS. If you get a chance visit our website -- there you can learn more about our school through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social networking sites.

Candy Kallen
Assistant Director of Admissions
________________________________________
Phoenix School of Law
4041 N. Central Ave., Suite 100
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
T 602.682.6813 F 602.682.6999
1.888.PHX LAW1
http://www.phoenixlaw.edu
ckallen@phoenixlaw.edu
________________________________________

Ask me about our Part-time Program

Connect with PhoenixLaw


Note: This is already what I'm getting at Minnesota, and less than what U of Arizona offered me. So I may have to think about it... :wink:
What the hell are octa-finals??? Also, why is Georgetown competing at a Moot Court Competition at Seton Hall???




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Chipotle85, Christinabruin, GOODWORKSTE, Houzy, JazzyMac, proteinshake, Rich Uncle Skeleton and 12 guests