Wake Forest 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
moandersen

Silver

Re: Wake Forest 2010

Post by moandersen » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:51 am

sotomayor wrote:
sotomayor wrote:what's the deal with administrative/committee review? i was in committee review on 1/22 and i just switched to committee review today.
?
the bold might be confusing people. sorry, I cant help because I went from complete --> administrative --> decision in a two day span and never saw committee review.

sticknbindle

New

Post by sticknbindle » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:31 am

did anyone else get some sort of email confirmation or anything after registering for scholars day? i didn't...

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:37 am

sticknbindle wrote:did anyone else get some sort of email confirmation or anything after registering for scholars day? i didn't...
I received an e-mail either that day or the next thanking me for registering.

I would call them to make sure that your registration went through.

BlueHeel

New

Post by BlueHeel » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:22 pm

Looks like some more movement on LSN today?

lawyerlover

Bronze

Post by lawyerlover » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:40 pm

I was accepted a couple weeks ago. I am wondering if there is a accepted students package that comes in the mail...
anyone know?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:47 pm

lawyerlover wrote:I was accepted a couple weeks ago. I am wondering if there is a accepted students package that comes in the mail...
anyone know?
I was accepted back in December. So far, all I've received is a Congrats letter from the Dean. I believe I remember someone last year saying that they don't send out much. Hopefully they will put most of the info we'll need on the Admitted Students website. I found their Admitted Students site from last year, and so I've used that to get an idea of what needs to be done and by when. (--LinkRemoved--)

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:58 pm

sticknbindle wrote:did anyone else get some sort of email confirmation or anything after registering for scholars day? i didn't...

Mien went to the spam folder, for some reason.

Off to the airport. Fuck the airline industry. Since when is one checked bag "excessive baggage"?

thestoryends

New

Post by thestoryends » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:25 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
sticknbindle wrote:who's comin on friday?
I'll be there. I'm driving over Thursday afternoon and will come home on Saturday. Can't wait!
I'll be driving down for the 5th! Woohoo. What should we expect, people who went last week?

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:29 pm

thestoryends wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:
I'll be there. I'm driving over Thursday afternoon and will come home on Saturday. Can't wait!
I'll be driving down for the 5th! Woohoo. What should we expect, people who went last week?
I just e-mailed the lady in charge of event coordinating. She said that we should get details this afternoon regarding the schedule and other pertinent info.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

S de Garmeaux

Bronze

Post by S de Garmeaux » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:04 pm

tstyler98 wrote:
thestoryends wrote:
tstyler98 wrote:
I just e-mailed the lady in charge of event coordinating. She said that we should get details this afternoon regarding the schedule and other pertinent info.

I'll be flying into Greensboro Thursday ~7 30 PM. Anyone else flying in?

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:57 pm

If your event is like ours was then it should be like this

9am: meet and greet (bagels, coffee)
9:30: introduction where they go over the days plan
10-11:30 tour school and sit in on 1 whole class
11:30-1:ish eat great lunch and get briefed on different clubs and stuff

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Just got a tuition equalization scholarship from Georgia that makes UGA cheaper than Wake.

Anyone else here considering Georgia against Wake because of $$ or just comparing the two in general?

Thoughts?

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:55 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:Just got a tuition equalization scholarship from Georgia that makes UGA cheaper than Wake.

Anyone else here considering Georgia against Wake because of $$ or just comparing the two in general?

Thoughts?
I definitely am, and barring some crazy acceptance or tons of $$ from an unexpected place this is going to be my decision. Some tuition equalization from UGA would help it along. I enter into these conversations but I'm not very helpful, I'm having a hard time deciding - each have pros/cons for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sufjan

Bronze

Post by sufjan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:59 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:Just got a tuition equalization scholarship from Georgia that makes UGA cheaper than Wake.

Thoughts?
UGA is ranked higher, Athens is great, and it would be cheaper..seems like an easy choice

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:33 pm

Miss Vik- Good luck with the tuition equalization. If you have a high enough LSAT i'd say its a possibility. Look out for the mail!

Sufjan- For me Georgia is cheaper, but wake has given me 18k/year scholly. So its not SOO much cheaper than wake that its an auto-decision. But yes, Athens+cheaper tuition is starting to make Georgia look very strong. I feel like I change my #1 choice every other day :?

sufjan

Bronze

Post by sufjan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:35 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:Sufjan- For me Georgia is cheaper, but wake has given me 18k/year scholly. So its not SOO much cheaper than wake that its an auto-decision. But yes, Athens+cheaper tuition is starting to make Georgia look very strong. I feel like I change my #1 choice every other day :?
tough to drag wifey through this process. i've been a bit torn between the two as well (and a third, unmentioned school). what i really want is more money from wake

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:37 pm

sufjan wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:Sufjan- For me Georgia is cheaper, but wake has given me 18k/year scholly. So its not SOO much cheaper than wake that its an auto-decision. But yes, Athens+cheaper tuition is starting to make Georgia look very strong. I feel like I change my #1 choice every other day :?
tough to drag wifey through this process. i've been a bit torn between the two as well (and a third, unmentioned school). what i really want is more money from wake
+1 everything you said, except she's my fiancee (wifey as of Aug '10). But yeah. Its hard... because I also have to think about things like jobs prospects in Winston Salem vs Athens for her. She's a saint for putting up with all my constant law school stuff though :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Noguchi

New

Post by Noguchi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:38 pm

Last edited by Noguchi on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Noguchi wrote:Long time reader of this thread, first time poster. I applied over three weeks ago and have been in administrative review for nearly two weeks. Any idea how long it generally takes to hear back? I'm by no means an auto-admit, but I feel like I have pretty strong stats. I've got a 163/3.5.

Does anyone have any feedback that they can give me on whether I should get accepted/waitlisted? Anyone have similar stats that could provide some perspective?

I'd appreciate any advice. Wake is definitely in my top 3 choices (probably #1 if don't have to pay sticker), so hopefully I'll hear some good news soon.
I was in admin review for about a week before I got accepted (163 / 3.63) but I have decent w/e and what I think to be good softs (veteran ect) so that might have moved my decision along quicker.

I would imagine that the worst that would happen with your numbers would be WL and would be surprised at a rejection, but I am by no means an expert.

akili

Gold

Post by akili » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Noguchi wrote:Long time reader of this thread, first time poster. I applied over three weeks ago and have been in administrative review for nearly two weeks. Any idea how long it generally takes to hear back? I'm by no means an auto-admit, but I feel like I have pretty strong stats. I've got a 163/3.5.

Does anyone have any feedback that they can give me on whether I should get accepted/waitlisted? Anyone have similar stats that could provide some perspective?

I'd appreciate any advice. Wake is definitely in my top 3 choices (probably #1 if don't have to pay sticker), so hopefully I'll hear some good news soon.
I have a 160/3.8 and I was straight up accepted (unexpectedly and awesomely!!) so I hope it's the same for you!

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:13 pm

I would be suprised if you didn't get in with those numbers, from what I've seen this cycle on LSN/my own experience/posts in this thread.

However, and you can check LSN on this, but I believe, for the past 2 years, the cutt off scholarship point was 164 with 3.0+ or a high 160s with 2.5 plus. There are of course other factors, but I don't know if you'd be in scholarship contention.

I would be very surprised if you didn't get in or at the very least waitlisted. Goodluck with this cycle, let this thread know how it goes =)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Noguchi

New

Post by Noguchi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:16 pm

Last edited by Noguchi on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Noguchi wrote:I hope you're right guys. Hopefully I'll be celebrating with everyone who has been accepted soon. Does anyone know how long it generally takes to get a decision? I'm sure it can range from a couple of weeks to a few months, but what has been the general turnaround so far?
I know it was initialy a really long turn around... because they didn't give their first batch of acceptances until after people had been able to apply for a fwe months.. however, I think its been fairly quick since then? 2 or 3 weeks or so? Might check some older posts in this thread. There might also be some one better qualified to answer this than me... I was in the second batch of acceptance... I applied and didn't hear back for a few months

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:52 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:Miss Vik- Good luck with the tuition equalization. If you have a high enough LSAT i'd say its a possibility. Look out for the mail!
Thank you, I think I should have the LSAT for it ... I'm just hoping mail is a bit delayed, I get mail at my office, which is currently preparing to host the Super Bowl, so everything is going through all sorts of extra scanning, etc. I'm going to be a nervous wreck until we get it tomorrow.

Yellowcard

New

Post by Yellowcard » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:24 am

I've been under Administrative Review since 1/20, according to the status checker. How long has everyone else been waiting after their apps hit this point?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”