THE Ohio State University 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
vanstone22

Bronze

Re: THE Ohio State University 2013

Post by vanstone22 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:07 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
crackberry wrote:--ImageRemoved--
Okay, two seperate threads? Are you trying to start shit? Because our honor defend, I will fight to the end for O-hi-o.

MI will always be greater than OH for one simple reason:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_War

Thank you for the Upper Peninsula, you can have Toledo...

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:45 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:Okay, two seperate threads? Are you trying to start shit? Because our honor defend, I will fight to the end for O-hi-o.
I don't hate the state itself, though it does suck to drive through. I really hate the Luckeyes though.

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:46 pm

crackberry wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:Okay, two seperate threads? Are you trying to start shit? Because our honor defend, I will fight to the end for O-hi-o.
I don't hate the state itself, though it does suck to drive through. I really hate the Luckeyes though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx5TVBf6cWM

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:22 pm

So I got an app invite from an Ohio State University, but how can I tell if its THE Ohio State University? Are there two? Which thread should I post in?

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:32 pm

Jericwithers wrote:So I got an app invite from an Ohio State University, but how can I tell if its THE Ohio State University? Are there two? Which thread should I post in?
it's THE Ohio State University.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

devilishangelrjp

Bronze

Post by devilishangelrjp » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:32 pm

Jericwithers wrote:So I got an app invite from an Ohio State University, but how can I tell if its THE Ohio State University? Are there two? Which thread should I post in?
There is only one.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:36 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:
There is only one.
Is it like that because of abbreviation confusion between Ohio State and Oklahoma State? OSU and THE OSU?

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
devilishangelrjp wrote:
There is only one.
Is it like that because of abbreviation confusion between Ohio State and Oklahoma State? OSU and THE OSU?
No. THE stands for Tradition, Honor, Excellence. and we the the one and only Ohio State.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:24 pm

vanstone22 wrote:MI will always be greater than OH for one simple reason:

Ohio didn't even have a claim on the UP, a desolate frozen stretch of (admittedly somewhat mineral-rich) rock that Michigan is welcome to. You stole that from Wisconsin.

Of course, I don't know why I would expect a Michigander to know any history...or anything else for that matter. :)

Also, regarding the app invite, everything I've received from OSU will usually be on Moritz College of Law letter/electronic stationery.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:36 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:MI will always be greater than OH for one simple reason:

Ohio didn't even have a claim on the UP, a desolate frozen stretch of (admittedly somewhat mineral-rich) rock that Michigan is welcome to. You stole that from Wisconsin.

Of course, I don't know why I would expect a Michigander to know any history...or anything else for that matter. :)

Also, regarding the app invite, everything I've received from OSU will usually be on Moritz College of Law letter/electronic stationery.

Ya, I was just bored and trying to get a rise out of yall. Thanks for telling me what THE means though. I can use that to impress my dad's girlfriend (I have to do something since she hates me because I might go to Mich).

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:53 pm

you should have told me you went to m!ch!g@n before i answered your post, because i wouldn't have answered it. :)

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:06 pm

sarlis wrote:you should have told me you went to m!ch!g@n before i answered your post, because i wouldn't have answered it. :)
RC Fail. Not went, but might go. Thanks for answering anyways!

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:17 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
sarlis wrote:you should have told me you went to m!ch!g@n before i answered your post, because i wouldn't have answered it. :)
RC Fail. Not went, but might go. Thanks for answering anyways!
haha touche

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TWoodWil

Bronze

Post by TWoodWil » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:41 pm

UR since 11/23
Admitted 2/1

The whole "THE" thing still bugs me, though. Not sure I could spend three years listening to that.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:52 pm

TWoodWil wrote:UR since 11/23
Admitted 2/1

The whole "THE" thing still bugs me, though. Not sure I could spend three years listening to that.

Trust me, no one at OSU says that. The only time you'll hear it is on sportscenter or parents/relatives being asses and prefacing OSU with the "t".

Did you apply to THE George Washington University Law School?

EDIT: I ALWAYS, ALWAYS, write The Ohio State University on any law school application that asks for my ug/ job applications. I mean, that is the name of my school, and it is alot of fun to see in writing

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:10 pm

TWoodWil wrote:The whole "THE" thing still bugs me, though. Not sure I could spend three years listening to that.
+1 I've spent the last 3 1/2 years of undergrad making fun of OSU, it would be a tough pill to swallow to actually end up being a student there. :P

sarlis

Silver

Post by sarlis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:11 pm

traehekat wrote:
TWoodWil wrote:The whole "THE" thing still bugs me, though. Not sure I could spend three years listening to that.
+1 I've spent the last 3 1/2 years of undergrad making fun of OSU, it would be a tough pill to swallow to actually end up being a student there. :P
I know med student here who went to um UG. I made fun of her for a few months, then just dropped it.

don't know how the teasing would go in ann arbor, though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:04 am

Just out of curiosity how many of you are applying for the Moritz Scholly? I didn't get the invite to apply for it but applied anyway...figuring low ugpa is death knell!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:07 am

homestyle28 wrote:Just out of curiosity how many of you are applying for the Moritz Scholly? I didn't get the invite to apply for it but applied anyway...figuring low ugpa is death knell!
We are in similar nautical vessels.

I thought about it, but decided with my GPA, it'd be a waste of effort.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:19 am

TipTravHoot wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:Just out of curiosity how many of you are applying for the Moritz Scholly? I didn't get the invite to apply for it but applied anyway...figuring low ugpa is death knell!

I figure if nothing else it will show them that I'm serious and maybe loosen the purse strings on other $$$...or they'll think I'm an idiot with an overinflated sense of self worth...

thepcv

Bronze

Post by thepcv » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:42 am

homestyle28 wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:

I figure if nothing else it will show them that I'm serious and maybe loosen the purse strings on other $$$...or they'll think I'm an idiot with an overinflated sense of self worth...
I'm planning on sending it out this week. Also didn't get the invite (and probably for the same reasons). But, I figure worse case scenario, I don't get the Moritz Scholly.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

victorhugo

New

Post by victorhugo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:04 pm

received email acceptance on Friday...

Rawlsian

Bronze

Post by Rawlsian » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:18 pm

thepcv wrote:
homestyle28 wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:

I'm planning on sending it out this week. Also didn't get the invite (and probably for the same reasons). But, I figure worse case scenario, I don't get the Moritz Scholly.
I received an invite and I'm applying. I don't have the best GPA, but it's still above median and I have strong-ish softs.

homestyle28

Gold

Post by homestyle28 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:32 am

Rawlsian wrote: I received an invite and I'm applying. I don't have the best GPA, but it's still above median and I have strong-ish softs.
You know, if I were behind a veil of ignorance I would definitely give the $$ to those in situations just like mine...and I've reached reflective equilibrium about that judgement...hooray for Rawls!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:53 am

Has anyone been able to find previous Moritz receipients on LSN yet? I'm egotistical enough to throw an app at it, but if I'm nowhere near it, I don't want to bother writing another essay.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”