Washington and Lee Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Notor

Bronze

Re: Washington and Lee

Post by Notor » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Mine also changed to saying that my file is now complete... lame. Something is a little weird though: I got the email stating that my file was complete and ready for review on 10/30, and the status checker mailing section reflects this as well, but the status checker itself says under status that my file was complete 11/4. So I don't know if they've made decisions but intended to hold them back until a later point and something just got messed up with the system, but this is all really distressing and is playing with my nerves.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:38 pm

Notor wrote:Mine also changed to saying that my file is now complete... lame. Something is a little weird though: I got the email stating that my file was complete and ready for review on 10/30, and the status checker mailing section reflects this as well, but the status checker itself says under status that my file was complete 11/4. So I don't know if they've made decisions but intended to hold them back until a later point and something just got messed up with the system, but this is all really distressing and is playing with my nerves.
Maybe certain people received decision mailed in error? For those they may have switched it back. My status continues to say decision mailed. Maybe we are safe?

real lawyerwives

New

Post by real lawyerwives » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Last edited by real lawyerwives on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:40 pm

tram988 wrote:Maybe we are safe?
I hope so.
TruckerD wrote:OMG! TOO MUCH SUSPENSE!! *head dives into the leftover Halloween candy*
Ha ha. I don't eat too much candy so for me it's more like *head dives into the blue corn chips and hummus. (boring, but oh so healthy :wink: )

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:41 pm

tram988 wrote:Maybe certain people received decision mailed in error? For those they may have switched it back. My status continues to say decision mailed. Maybe we are safe?
I think that they had some kind of system-wide error or something... if you look on LSN, the earliest decision dates for last year's cycle were 12/10. That makes them sending out decisions on 11/6 seem really out-of-character, which makes me think its just a big oops.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:42 pm

monkey85 wrote:
tram988 wrote:Maybe we are safe?
I hope so.
TruckerD wrote:OMG! TOO MUCH SUSPENSE!! *head dives into the leftover Halloween candy*
Ha ha. I don't eat too much candy so for me it's more like *head dives into the blue corn chips and hummus. (boring, but oh so healthy :wink: )
I don't eat much candy either, but there wasn't any trick or treaters here, and I have 2 really big bowls of candy with no where to go! I'm thinking of trashing them.

edit: I like hummus too!

texaspecial88

Bronze

Post by texaspecial88 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:43 pm

i also applied to W&L but have not had a status change.

mind sharing your stats? thanks

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Under mailings does anyone have anything regarding a decision? I only have letter of decision mailed 11/5 under the status.

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:49 pm

tram988 wrote:Under mailings does anyone have anything regarding a decision? I only have letter of decision mailed 11/5 under the status.
When my status previously said the decision letter was mailed, it said nothing about accept/deny/WL, it just said the decision was mailed. Now it just says my file is complete, with a different completion date than what it said my completion date was before. So I really have no idea what is going on with it.
Last edited by Notor on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:51 pm

Notor wrote:
tram988 wrote:Under mailings does anyone have anything regarding a decision? I only have letter of decision mailed 11/5 under the status.
When my status previously said the decision letter was mailed, it said nothing about accept/deny/WL, it just said the decision was mailed. Now it just says my file is complete, with a different date completion date than what it said my completion date was before. So I really have no idea what is going on with it.
Wow thats odd that you got switched back. I wonder what that means for us who havent been switched. Can anyone who has a decision mailed response give them a call and see if they can check to make sure a decision has been reached? This should help. I called once already-- someone else's turn!

monkey85

Bronze

Post by monkey85 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Here's our answer. Technical difficulties:
Greetings from W&L Law in Lexington, Virginia -

Thank you very much for your interest in W&L Law. We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our online status checker. We sincerely apologize for any confusion we may have caused. This is our first year with the Applicant Status Online feature, and we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through these issues.
Anybody have some halloween candy leftover?

wired

Bronze

Post by wired » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:54 pm

My status is still "Letter of Decision Mailed 11/5/2009."

I will wait til about 4:30PM EST, check it again, and then call W&L to check.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:54 pm

monkey85 wrote:Here's our answer. Technical difficulties:

Thank you very much for your interest in W&L Law. We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our online status checker. We sincerely apologize for any confusion we may have caused. This is our first year with the Applicant Status Online feature, and we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through these issues.
I didnt get this yet...still letter of decision mailed 11/5. Did they change you back from decision to complete?

NVM just got it.
Last edited by tram988 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Ok, so guess no one is getting a decision anytime soon. Figures. Just got the same technical difficulty email.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Looks like no decisions for a while...

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:56 pm

I really wish they had addressed whether or not decisions had been made, now I have no idea. What was the error- that decisions haven't been made, or that they weren't supposed to be put on the status checker?

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:56 pm

monkey85 wrote:Here's our answer. Technical difficulties:

Give me your address, I will mail you the rest of this candy!! LOL

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Notor wrote:I really wish they had addressed whether or not decisions had been made, now I have no idea. What was the error- that decisions haven't been made, or that they weren't supposed to be put on the status checker?
Exactly. They should be clear about it and say "no decisions have been made yet, so please disregard your checker if it has that status". But no, they instead say there is an error. For all we know, the error is that some people with decisions are now getting "application complete" status.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:58 pm

Just got an email saying they're experiencing technical difficulties.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:58 pm

dakatz wrote:
Notor wrote:I really wish they had addressed whether or not decisions had been made, now I have no idea. What was the error- that decisions haven't been made, or that they weren't supposed to be put on the status checker?
Exactly. They should be clear about it and say "no decisions have been made yet, so please disregard your checker if it has that status". But no, they instead say there is an error. For all we know, the error is that some people with decisions are now getting "application complete" status.
Can someone please call and ask if any decisions have been made at all? this would clear everything up. It will be anonymous.

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:00 pm

tram988 wrote:
dakatz wrote:
Can someone please call and ask if any decisions have been made at all? this would clear everything up. It will be anonymous.

You could do it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:00 pm

Dwaterman86 wrote:
tram988 wrote:
dakatz wrote:

You could do it.
Thanks my friend but I've called them enough. Looking for a different voice. Refer to page 2 :P

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Thank you again for your interest in W&L Law, and, as always, if we can be of further assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:03 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:

Thank you again for your interest in W&L Law, and, as always, if we can be of further assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.

So vague. Still leads one to ask whether decision have been made at all.

JayTal

Bronze

Post by JayTal » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:03 pm

Mine still says decision letter mailed.

* Knock on Wood *

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”