Univ of Georgia Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ChattTNdt

Bronze

Re: Univ of Georgia

Post by ChattTNdt » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:43 am

Nicholasnickynic wrote:I was on a personalized tour with the assistant director of something or other in the admissions office today. She said they have 2,000 more applications than last year. So, yeah that might explain the waitlist thing.

I have a feeling they filled up thier numbers, and now they don't have room, even if you're great.

The good part of this, is if your numbers are high and you are w/l I bet you have a chance of getting in.

Im oos 165/3.06 and i got a 15k scholly. I'm sure there are many people on WL with better numbers. So I woudl say hold on, wait for people to withdraw, and I'm sure they would love to have some of you.

Good Luck all!

Wow, very good information. 2,000 more applications than last year?!? I had a feeling that there was a huge application spike this year, all across the country, but I never imagined that the number would nearly double at some schools. Makes the surprise waitlists not so surprising after all.

I'm OOS 165/3.23 on the WL, so I'll be sending a LOCI to UGA and possibly going for a visit... especially if I don't get in to either of the two schools I have ahead of UGA on my list.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote: Im oos 165/3.06 and i got a 15k scholly. I'm sure there are many people on WL with better numbers. So I woudl say hold on, wait for people to withdraw, and I'm sure they would love to have some of you.

Good Luck all!
After careful consideration, I've decided that UGA is not the best fit for me for law school and would like to withdraw my acceptance, so that I can help at least one of you on the waitlist! However, I don't see information on the website about how to withdraw--just how to pay the seat deposits. Can anyone help me out with this? I really don't want to take up a spot for someone waiting to go here! Thanks for the help, and good luck!

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:13 pm

starrydecisus wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote: Im oos 165/3.06 and i got a 15k scholly. I'm sure there are many people on WL with better numbers. So I woudl say hold on, wait for people to withdraw, and I'm sure they would love to have some of you.

Good Luck all!
After careful consideration, I've decided that UGA is not the best fit for me for law school and would like to withdraw my acceptance, so that I can help at least one of you on the waitlist! However, I don't see information on the website about how to withdraw--just how to pay the seat deposits. Can anyone help me out with this? I really don't want to take up a spot for someone waiting to go here! Thanks for the help, and good luck!
Just send an e-mail to the admissions office stating the bolded above.

DeSilentio2728

Bronze

Post by DeSilentio2728 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:39 pm

missvik218 wrote:
starrydecisus wrote:

Good Luck all!
Just send an e-mail to the admissions office stating the bolded above.
also add, "but I would like my spot in next year's entering class to go to DeSilentio2728 from tls who is currently on the waitlist." Why not? Thanks in advance!
Last edited by DeSilentio2728 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:40 pm

On the way back from spring break and decided to check in with the UGA crowd.

I was WL'd at Vandy last week and am going to ride it out even though I doubt I'll attend even if accepted. I'm still waiting for Emory to pull their heads out of their asses and give me some money.

Booked my flight to ATL with my gf for the 25th. She's doing job interviews Thurs/Fri and then we'll be up to UGA Friday afternoon. I look forward to meeting anyone else who is planning on attending. UGA is currently my #1 unless Emory coughs up the cash.
Last edited by TheBigMediocre on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:42 pm

deadpanic wrote:
lawschooliseasy wrote:I just got waitlisted with a 166/3.6... are you serious?
Did you apply recently?

Sounds like since UGA gets so many apps they fill their seats pretty quickly with the numbers they want and they cannot take anyone else, even if your numbers are above both medians.
Early January.

macaulian

New

Post by macaulian » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Accepted on friday. 178, 3.04. No word on money until april 1st they say.

starrydecisus

Silver

Post by starrydecisus » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:47 pm

I withdrew my acceptance, as I realized that UGA was not the best school for me personally. I hope that my spot can be offered to those of you on the WL, and that UGA can re-award my tuition equalizer and scholarship to one of you! Wish I could have made recommendations with your TLS names! :wink:

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Held for further review. Guessing this means WL soon.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:01 pm

WL today

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:24 pm

Got the WL e-mail. Was expecting it and am going to fight to get off of it (hint hint: out of state splitters need to withdraw -- and MissVik needs to get into Vandy :D).

Abrikos

New

Post by Abrikos » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:27 pm

Can one still have hopes for tuition equalization at this time (stats - 164, 3,8 )? Is it a good idea to ask for one promising to commit after receiving it?
UGA is a great option but a little more pricey than my other choices.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 pm

Abrikos wrote:Can one still have hopes for tuition equalization at this time (stats - 164, 3,8 )? Is it a good idea to ask for one promising to commit after receiving it?
Fine to do, but I would guess they'll tell you they'll be reassessing scholarship offers after April 1st, which is the deadline for all/most (I think) of the people who got the tuition equalization scholarships initially to send in their first deposits.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Abrikos

New

Post by Abrikos » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:24 pm

missvik218 wrote:
Abrikos wrote:Can one still have hopes for tuition equalization at this time (stats - 164, 3,8 )? Is it a good idea to ask for one promising to commit after receiving it?
Fine to do, but I would guess they'll tell you they'll be reassessing scholarship offers after April 1st, which is the deadline for all/most (I think) of the people who got the tuition equalization scholarships initially to send in their first deposits.
Thanks. They actually have just said the same thing.

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:36 pm

LSN stats for last year show 3 people getting off the wait list....ouch

Anyone have an idea of how many people are on said wait list?

Midnight Rider

New

Post by Midnight Rider » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:40 pm

primusux wrote:LSN stats for last year show 3 people getting off the wait list....ouch

This...also are WLed applicants ranked?

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Midnight Rider wrote:
primusux wrote:LSN stats for last year show 3 people getting off the wait list....ouch

The e-mail says no.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

swinny

New

Post by swinny » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Ok, I am freaking out, I got waitlisted...graduated from UGA, live in GA, made a 164, 3.44 GPA in Risk Management and Insurance, and got waitlisted. Yes I applied late (last week of deadline) but didn't realize that would be a problem. What is to be expected of Wait list? What are chances of getting in???????

the lantern

Bronze

Post by the lantern » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:58 pm

I would not expect to get off of a waitlist anywhere this cycle unless your numbers are both above median. With so many extra applications, I really think that most schools are going to have to turn away applicants they would have normally admitted outright.

swinny

New

Post by swinny » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Ok, new to this forum...but what does 'LSN' and 'LOCI' stand for?

dawgs139

New

Post by dawgs139 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:09 pm

swinny wrote:Ok, new to this forum...but what does 'LSN' and 'LOCI' stand for?
LSN= lawschoolnumbers.com

LOCI= letter of continued interest

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:28 pm

the lantern wrote:I would not expect to get off of a waitlist anywhere this cycle unless your numbers are both above median. With so many extra applications, I really think that most schools are going to have to turn away applicants they would have normally admitted outright.
Well, I personally plan to try anyway. It depends who withdraws (I'm personally hoping they need to fill OOS splitter female spots :)). I'm pretty much your numbers twin, so I feel you and it's frustrating.

algren

Bronze

Post by algren » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:40 am

keg411 wrote:
the lantern wrote:I would not expect to get off of a waitlist anywhere this cycle unless your numbers are both above median. With so many extra applications, I really think that most schools are going to have to turn away applicants they would have normally admitted outright.
Well, I personally plan to try anyway. It depends who withdraws (I'm personally hoping they need to fill OOS splitter female spots :)). I'm pretty much your numbers twin, so I feel you and it's frustrating.
I am almost your numbers triplet. I've been watching "the lantern" on LSN and I have to agree. Its been hard to have hope about the whole thing this year for people in our boat.

But you're correct, doesn't mean its not worth trying!

swinny

New

Post by swinny » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:37 pm

keg411 wrote:
Midnight Rider wrote:

The e-mail says no.

Hey, how did someone check LSN to see 3 people getting off the wait list? I don't see that...

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:54 pm

algren wrote:
keg411 wrote:
I am almost your numbers triplet. I've been watching "the lantern" on LSN and I have to agree. Its been hard to have hope about the whole thing this year for people in our boat.

But you're correct, doesn't mean its not worth trying!
Yup; I have some nice acceptances already, so as stressful and frustrating as it can be, I can try for my reaches and not be disappointed. Plus, I have to say that I have to say that I've found the 165 boat far better than the 162 boat :).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”