In at Notre Dame (2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
txhorn

Bronze

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Post by txhorn » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Just called and admissions said that they have <10 offers outstanding ("a few"). I am still on the WL, but they have been releasing people from the WL the past few days. At this point, it completely depends on those people with offers and what they decide

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:02 pm

Hmm... well I haven't gotten anything from them, so I guess I haven't been stricken from their list... yet. Really hoping I get lucky here.

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:53 pm

Unknownsou wrote:Hmm... well I haven't gotten anything from them, so I guess I haven't been stricken from their list... yet. Really hoping I get lucky here.
They stated I was still on the WL too when I called today. I feel like I'm going to be waiting all summer if I left it to that :(

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:30 am

Okay, I emailed asking if they were done with the process outlined in that last email they sent out, and got:

"We are in the process outlined in the update. We have made a limited number of offers and we have also cut some people from the waitlist. We will most likely continue to do this through the summer as seats become available."

so... maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but it doesn't sound like the door has slammed shut yet...

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:57 am

Did everyone flee this thread cause it isn't looking good?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:08 am

txhorn wrote:Did everyone flee this thread cause it isn't looking good?
Probably

sixburgher

New

Post by sixburgher » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:15 am

I'm guessing it's all but over at this point

Anyone have any new information? Something along the lines of: you accepted an offer, talked with admissions, were released from the WL, withdrew from the WL...

LSN doesn't seem to show any updates

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:05 pm

Well I talked to admissions 5 minutes ago and they said that basically, they're only letting people in off the waitlist if somebody drops.

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:10 pm

this sucks. how many on the WL at this point? Anyone receive a release from the WL yet?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bluemoon86

New

Post by bluemoon86 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:43 pm

sixburgher wrote:I'm guessing it's all but over at this point

Anyone have any new information? Something along the lines of: you accepted an offer, talked with admissions, were released from the WL, withdrew from the WL...

I was accepted off of the waitlist almost 2 weeks ago. I received a telephone call, followed by an email, and postal mail a few days later. Very very few waitlisted candidates were accepted, and it seemed as if all acceptances from the waitlist were being offered that same day. They requested that you inform them in a short timeframe whether or not you would be attending. Hope this helps.

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:43 pm

bluemoon86 wrote:

I was accepted off of the waitlist almost 2 weeks ago. I received a telephone call, followed by an email, and postal mail a few days later. Very very few waitlisted candidates were accepted, and it seemed as if all acceptances from the waitlist were being offered that same day. They requested that you inform them in a short timeframe whether or not you would be attending. Hope this helps.
Hmm... out of curiosity, what were your numbers, if you don't mind sharing?

bluemoon86

New

Post by bluemoon86 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:45 am

Unknownsou wrote:
bluemoon86 wrote:

Hmm... out of curiosity, what were your numbers, if you don't mind sharing?
168/3.6

jwrit07

New

Post by jwrit07 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:49 pm

Wow, glad they didn't accept me
Last edited by txhorn on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thebookcollector

Bronze

Post by thebookcollector » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:55 pm

txhorn wrote:
Wow, glad they didn't accept me
LOL. Yeah, I'm kind of regretting that they accepted me!

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Maybe I should put off law school for a few more years. Most the sentiment was that things were improving, but doesn't seem so; not for awhile.

mike_C

New

Post by mike_C » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:59 am

Ive been on the waitlist since about February...Might be a blessing in disguise that I didn't get in cause if I did i think I would go in a heartbeat...I have another top 30 offer, established school, million times better location, but somehow have become fixated on Notre Dame.

Just a hunch but one reason why I think ND is doing so bad (39 firms in OCI?) is because it has no real market. I mean, Chicago maybe, but everything I've read on TLS seems to indicate Chi-town legal market got destroyed during the recession. And the firms that are hiring have drastically reduced their numbers...ND, at least in my opinion, has no true feeder market where it can send its grads. Perhaps a unintended consequence to its "national portability???" I certainly think so.

This being said, a Notre Dame degree still has to be worth SOMETHING, the economy will rebound...one day. At this point in time though, if I got an offer I would have to seriously take a hard look...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

2013ek

New

Post by 2013ek » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:57 am

mike_C wrote:Ive been on the waitlist since about February...Might be a blessing in disguise that I didn't get in cause if I did i think I would go in a heartbeat...I have another top 30 offer, established school, million times better location, but somehow have become fixated on Notre Dame.

Just a hunch but one reason why I think ND is doing so bad (39 firms in OCI?) is because it has no real market. I mean, Chicago maybe, but everything I've read on TLS seems to indicate Chi-town legal market got destroyed during the recession. And the firms that are hiring have drastically reduced their numbers...ND, at least in my opinion, has no true feeder market where it can send its grads. Perhaps a unintended consequence to its "national portability???" I certainly think so.

This being said, a Notre Dame degree still has to be worth SOMETHING, the economy will rebound...one day. At this point in time though, if I got an offer I would have to seriously take a hard look...
Lawdy, just read that thread. This just does not look good. It's T14 or bust.... and maybe not even that... I guess ND isn't as viable as we thought.

sixburgher

New

Post by sixburgher » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:58 pm

2013ek wrote:Lawdy, just read that thread. This just does not look good. It's T14 or bust.... and maybe not even that... I guess ND isn't as viable as we thought.
Woof. You ain't kiddin'

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:20 pm

Right... well you guys are gonna be in school for three more years anyway, so at least by then, the economy should've recovered significantly. I don't get why everyone's worrying about that shit so much before they even start law school. You know ND is good, they have a good rep, and they've historically been good at placing their graduates... yeah, shit's bad right now, but it's going to recover.

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:26 pm

Unknownsou wrote:Right... well you guys are gonna be in school for three more years anyway, so at least by then, the economy should've recovered significantly. I don't get why everyone's worrying about that shit so much before they even start law school. You know ND is good, they have a good rep, and they've historically been good at placing their graduates... yeah, shit's bad right now, but it's going to recover.
But OCI for this incoming class is only 1 year after this fall, the better economy has to be sooner rather than in 3 years. Finding a job 3L is not easy from what I've read regardless of economy

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Unknownsou

New

Post by Unknownsou » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:48 pm

txhorn wrote:
Unknownsou wrote:Right... well you guys are gonna be in school for three more years anyway, so at least by then, the economy should've recovered significantly. I don't get why everyone's worrying about that shit so much before they even start law school. You know ND is good, they have a good rep, and they've historically been good at placing their graduates... yeah, shit's bad right now, but it's going to recover.
But OCI for this incoming class is only 1 year after this fall, the better economy has to be sooner rather than in 3 years. Finding a job 3L is not easy from what I've read regardless of economy
In all likelihood, the economy pretty much has to improve within a year. It might not be a dramatic improvement, but it'll be something. And people are acting like they have to have their dream job directly out of law school... ya don't. If you're not doing big law in Chicago right when you graduate, that doesn't mean you can't do it a couple years down the line, and it definitely doesn't mean you're fucked as far as finding something that pays decently. All I'm saying is that people are panicking a bit too much over this.

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:10 am

mike_C

New

Post by mike_C » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:20 am

Notre Dame is a sinking ship.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:23 am

This is just sad. Not Notre Dame's job prospects, the way you guys are reacting. Ugh.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”