In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
BiteyTLS
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:37 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby BiteyTLS » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:38 pm

ccs1702 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:Who'll be attending the 03/27 Spring Law Day w/ me?


I'll be there!

I'm seriously thinking about visiting then, also. We should meet up!


I'll probably go. Do they reimburse?


Same question I have. I figure if they are willing to spend 40k a year on my education, they might be willing to purchase a 100 dollar plane ticket. Someone on autoadmit said they paid for him last year, but he might have super elite numbers or be in some other special situation.

Anyway, I'm planning on attending.

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby RMstratosphere » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm

I had the same line of reasoning as yours regarding travel- now just have to work up the courage to ask.

Unadilla Kayaker
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:49 pm

superflush wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:Who'll be attending the 03/27 Spring Law Day w/ me?


Unadilla Kayaker wrote:If they accept me, I'll go.


+1. Except I would want to go.
Are there any other dates that are out by now?


I didn't realize I needed to be so clear in my language. However, I think it was evident from my full post that I very much want an acceptance. IUB is definitely in my wheelhouse and if accepted I would excitedly attend Spring Law Day.

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby RMstratosphere » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
superflush wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:Who'll be attending the 03/27 Spring Law Day w/ me?


Unadilla Kayaker wrote:If they accept me, I'll go.


+1. Except I would want to go.
Are there any other dates that are out by now?


I didn't realize I needed to be so clear in my language. However, I think it was evident from my full post that I very much want an acceptance. IUB is definitely in my wheelhouse and if accepted I would excitedly attend Spring Law Day.


Here's to hoping you're in and that we see you in March.

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:31 pm

I'm in for the pub crawl.

JayCole
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby JayCole » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:35 pm

Did any of you have to interview prior to being accepted? I have an interview with them and i'm scared to death. All I want to do is go to IUB.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:36 pm

Halibut6 wrote:I'm in for the pub crawl.

sweet

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby superflush » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
superflush wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:Who'll be attending the 03/27 Spring Law Day w/ me?


Unadilla Kayaker wrote:If they accept me, I'll go.


+1. Except I would want to go.
Are there any other dates that are out by now?


I didn't realize I needed to be so clear in my language. However, I think it was evident from my full post that I very much want an acceptance. IUB is definitely in my wheelhouse and if accepted I would excitedly attend Spring Law Day.


lol, my bad. I didn't mean to imply that you didn't want anything. I was just saying that I would want to go (but likely would not be able to make it logistically). This is all pending an acceptance of course. After I posted that, I was wondering if it might be interpreted differently.

Unadilla Kayaker
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:48 pm

superflush wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
superflush wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:Who'll be attending the 03/27 Spring Law Day w/ me?


Unadilla Kayaker wrote:If they accept me, I'll go.


+1. Except I would want to go.
Are there any other dates that are out by now?


I didn't realize I needed to be so clear in my language. However, I think it was evident from my full post that I very much want an acceptance. IUB is definitely in my wheelhouse and if accepted I would excitedly attend Spring Law Day.


lol, my bad. I didn't mean to imply that you didn't want anything. I was just saying that I would want to go (but likely would not be able to make it logistically). This is all pending an acceptance of course. After I posted that, I was wondering if it might be interpreted differently.


Thanks RM, and I didn't take it personally Superflush. I just thought it was a strange comment to that. I'll likely visit every school I've been accepted to or waitlisted at in February to have a better idea about everything. However, the lack of an acceptance from IUB is worrying after seeing so many others get them. It doesn't bother me so long as I have it by February 8th.

Unadilla Kayaker
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:31 am

So I got the admissions package today (1/15) in Taiwan. Finally!!

I'm very surprised it took so long. It cost them nearly $13 for priority mail and took a month (mailed 12/17). I wonder where the hangup was. But it looks like I was admitted in the same round as those who heard just before Christmas (submitted 10/26, stats in profile).

I think the packet is great and got me very excited about IUB. Certainly better than the letter from W&L or the many letters from Iowa. It also included a personal note from Dean Motley about some of my experiences. I'm impressed. Other than Alabama (my parents said their admissions packet was pretty darn nice and the dean e-mailed me earlier today), IUB has been the best about delivering the news.

Good luck to all! I hope to see many of you at law day in March!

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby superflush » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:47 am

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:So I got the admissions package today (1/15) in Taiwan. Finally!!

I'm very surprised it took so long. It cost them nearly $13 for priority mail and took a month (mailed 12/17). I wonder where the hangup was. But it looks like I was admitted in the same round as those who heard just before Christmas (submitted 10/26, stats in profile).


Congrats! $13 isn't bad. Is there a delivery confirmation #? If you paste in into Google, you might be able to track the progress.

Unadilla Kayaker
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:12 am

superflush wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:So I got the admissions package today (1/15) in Taiwan. Finally!!

I'm very surprised it took so long. It cost them nearly $13 for priority mail and took a month (mailed 12/17). I wonder where the hangup was. But it looks like I was admitted in the same round as those who heard just before Christmas (submitted 10/26, stats in profile).


Congrats! $13 isn't bad. Is there a delivery confirmation #? If you paste in into Google, you might be able to track the progress.


I gave it a shot, no dice. The postage looks like it was printed by the school, and the number doesn't bring up anything on the USPS website. Oh well, the waiting is over. Thanks for the support good luck with the rest of your cycle.

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby MBZags » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:33 am

Room for one more at the pub crawl if I get in?

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby RMstratosphere » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:40 am

MBZags wrote:Room for one more at the pub crawl if I get in?


But of course.

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby RMstratosphere » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:41 am

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:So I got the admissions package today (1/15) in Taiwan. Finally!!

I'm very surprised it took so long. It cost them nearly $13 for priority mail and took a month (mailed 12/17). I wonder where the hangup was. But it looks like I was admitted in the same round as those who heard just before Christmas (submitted 10/26, stats in profile).

I think the packet is great and got me very excited about IUB. Certainly better than the letter from W&L or the many letters from Iowa. It also included a personal note from Dean Motley about some of my experiences. I'm impressed. Other than Alabama (my parents said their admissions packet was pretty darn nice and the dean e-mailed me earlier today), IUB has been the best about delivering the news.

Good luck to all! I hope to see many of you at law day in March!


Congrats on the acceptance & the $$.
Pub crawl attendance is mandatory.

Unadilla Kayaker
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:59 am

RMstratosphere wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:So I got the admissions package today (1/15) in Taiwan. Finally!!

I'm very surprised it took so long. It cost them nearly $13 for priority mail and took a month (mailed 12/17). I wonder where the hangup was. But it looks like I was admitted in the same round as those who heard just before Christmas (submitted 10/26, stats in profile).

I think the packet is great and got me very excited about IUB. Certainly better than the letter from W&L or the many letters from Iowa. It also included a personal note from Dean Motley about some of my experiences. I'm impressed. Other than Alabama (my parents said their admissions packet was pretty darn nice and the dean e-mailed me earlier today), IUB has been the best about delivering the news.

Good luck to all! I hope to see many of you at law day in March!


Congrats on the acceptance & the $$.
Pub crawl attendance is mandatory.


But of course. How could I miss a meeting with Val Kilmer/Doc Holliday.

User avatar
boilers10
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby boilers10 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:40 am

PUB CRAWL! I'm in. :D

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby RMstratosphere » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:So I got the admissions package today (1/15) in Taiwan. Finally!!

I'm very surprised it took so long. It cost them nearly $13 for priority mail and took a month (mailed 12/17). I wonder where the hangup was. But it looks like I was admitted in the same round as those who heard just before Christmas (submitted 10/26, stats in profile).

I think the packet is great and got me very excited about IUB. Certainly better than the letter from W&L or the many letters from Iowa. It also included a personal note from Dean Motley about some of my experiences. I'm impressed. Other than Alabama (my parents said their admissions packet was pretty darn nice and the dean e-mailed me earlier today), IUB has been the best about delivering the news.

Good luck to all! I hope to see many of you at law day in March!


Congrats on the acceptance & the $$.
Pub crawl attendance is mandatory.


But of course. How could I miss a meeting with Val Kilmer/Doc Holliday.


First person to correctly ID my Tar on TLS.
I'm impressed.

"I've got two guns- one for the both of ya."

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:36 pm

I got in at Illinois today with $30k total. That puts me one step closer to committing to Indiana. The final two contenders are BU and GW.

Edited for spelling. Typing on iPod touch sucks.
Last edited by Vincent Vega on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby RMstratosphere » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:37 pm

Halibut6 wrote:I got in at Illinois today with $30k total. That puts me one step closed to committing to Indiana. The final two contenders are BU and GW.


I've been waiting for an opportunity to say this, not sure if this is the right one- but, fuck Illinois.

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:44 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:I got in at Illinois today with $30k total. That puts me one step closed to committing to Indiana. The final two contenders are BU and GW.


I've been waiting for an opportunity to say this, not sure if this is the right one- but, fuck Illinois.

Seriously. I got this news when I got home from having my wisdom teeth removed today and it bummed me out. Honestly I like IU better than UIUC anyway, but a similar scholly offer from them would have been nice. It's actually quite refreshing to know that I'm 90 percent sure that I'm going to IU, though.

User avatar
BC2010
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby BC2010 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:52 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:Seriously. I got this news when I got home from having my wisdom teeth removed today and it bummed me out. Honestly I like IU better than UIUC anyway, but a similar scholly offer from them would have been nice. It's actually quite refreshing to know that I'm 90 percent sure that I'm going to IU, though.

Have you thought about submitting your IU scholarship to UIUC and asking them to match it. Schools like Wisc, MN, IU, UIUC and Iowa are often willing to match/reconsider scholarships?

I just sent a letter asking one of these schools to match the full ride of another.

EDIT: I guess if you like IU better then there's no real point...

User avatar
BiteyTLS
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:37 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby BiteyTLS » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:I got in at Illinois today with $30k total. That puts me one step closed to committing to Indiana. The final two contenders are BU and GW.


I've been waiting for an opportunity to say this, not sure if this is the right one- but, fuck Illinois.

Seriously. I got this news when I got home from having my wisdom teeth removed today and it bummed me out. Honestly I like IU better than UIUC anyway, but a similar scholly offer from them would have been nice. It's actually quite refreshing to know that I'm 90 percent sure that I'm going to IU, though.


LMAO, we seem to be getting the same offers from the same schools across the board. Got the same email and offer. UIUC isn't going to happen with that kind of money.

User avatar
sarlis
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby sarlis » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:25 pm

kkmae wrote:Hey question, I applied mid-December and I got an email shortly after saying that my application has been received but I haven't gotten one saying it is complete. Should I be worried? Thanks!


+1. Except I applied in early november...

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:39 pm

pmomnie wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:Seriously. I got this news when I got home from having my wisdom teeth removed today and it bummed me out. Honestly I like IU better than UIUC anyway, but a similar scholly offer from them would have been nice. It's actually quite refreshing to know that I'm 90 percent sure that I'm going to IU, though.

Have you thought about submitting your IU scholarship to UIUC and asking them to match it. Schools like Wisc, MN, IU, UIUC and Iowa are often willing to match/reconsider scholarships?

I just sent a letter asking one of these schools to match the full ride of another.

EDIT: I guess if you like IU better then there's no real point...

Like you said there's not a big point for me to do that for Illinois, but I plan on leveraging my RA position at Iowa for a stipend at IU.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”