BU! woot. Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pikalove

Bronze

Re: BU! woot.

Post by pikalove » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:51 pm

goosey wrote:so with stats as sorry as mine, should I rejoice in hearing nothing at all rather than straight out reject? (< 3.0; 160< MY SCORE < 163)
Anything is better than a straight reject. Also, there are a lot of people with awesome stats that haven't heard as well.... there will be plenty of time to freak out over the next few months, so I wouldn't start now.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:05 pm

pikalove wrote:
goosey wrote:so with stats as sorry as mine, should I rejoice in hearing nothing at all rather than straight out reject? (< 3.0; 160< MY SCORE < 163)
Anything is better than a straight reject. Also, there are a lot of people with awesome stats that haven't heard as well.... there will be plenty of time to freak out over the next few months, so I wouldn't start now.

true.

I just went through every single one of my apps and thought about what an adcomm would think when reviewing my file. And maybe I am just too in love with myself, but I would totally take a risk on me. *reassures self*

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:07 pm

goosey wrote:
pikalove wrote:

true.

I just went through every single one of my apps and thought about what an adcomm would think when reviewing my file. And maybe I am just too in love with myself, but I would totally take a risk on me. *reassures self*
I would have to say though, that if they do take a risk on you (which hopefully some school will), they probably won't be taking that risk til later in the game, not this early.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:12 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
I would have to say though, that if they do take a risk on you (which hopefully some school will), they probably won't be taking that risk til later in the game, not this early.

yeah I guess you're right.

Im considering retaking in February if it really starts looking that grim.

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:15 pm

goosey wrote:
pikalove wrote:

true.

a 161/162 with your URM status isn't even that risky, imo. I think you will have a pretty great cycle!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

academiccricket

New

Post by academiccricket » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:16 pm

goosey wrote: I just went through every single one of my apps and thought about what an adcomm would think when reviewing my file. And maybe I am just too in love with myself, but I would totally take a risk on me. *reassures self*
I hope you're right, goosey--I consistently look at my "softs" and cross my fingers. I have less-than-stellar stats myself, but just keep in mind a couple things...the adcomms aren't necessarily looking at who they think will succeed in law school and admitting those with promise. Lots of people have reasons for their numbers and have proven themselves in some other capacity. It is first and foremost a numbers game, and then it is a diversity game (not necessarily in terms of ethnicity, but making sure different experiences are represented), and somewhere waaaay down the line is it, "can this person succeed and can we take a risk on this person, by lowering our medians/enhancing our class in X way?"

I'm not saying this to bring you down (I'm certainly hoping for some splitter love this cycle), but just to encourage you that they aren't rejecting YOU, just your numbers and that this based on a lot of issues--not excluding the USNWR rankings.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:27 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
goosey wrote:
pikalove wrote:

true.

a 161/162 with your URM status isn't even that risky, imo. I think you will have a pretty great cycle!

I should prob change that on my profile. I put ethnic minority when I didnt really know what was considered ethnic minority for law school purposes. I am pakistani/muslim--I dont think that counts as urm, sadly :(

academiccricket, thanks. yeah I know what u mean. its about numbers. And I think if I could have gotten a few points higher on the lsat Id be looking at a very different cycle right now. Too much studying can be bad :( I put way too much emphasis on being a splitter because I knew that was my only shot at a good school---studied like crazy, burnt myself out---and here I am. le sigh.

runawaydish

New

Post by runawaydish » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:31 pm

has anyone else received calls this afternoon, or are they done for the day?

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:50 pm

goosey wrote:I should prob change that on my profile. I put ethnic minority when I didnt really know what was considered ethnic minority for law school purposes. I am pakistani/muslim--I dont think that counts as urm, sadly :(
Oh sorry for making that assumption. Still, look at your LSAT percentile! That's certainly nothing to sneeze at! And it's still so early in this cycle, there's no telling what's going to happen. I still think you'll do well. :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:40 pm

so no more phone calls...hmm...

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:42 pm

utcris410 wrote:so no more phone calls...hmm...
I guess you could say BU's got a pretty good poker face?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:46 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYqZNeys_mY

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:46 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
haha! oh well, tgif everyone!! we at least have the weekend to look forward to!!

and then monday & another week of THIS!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Notor

Bronze

Post by Notor » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:48 pm

utcris410 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
haha! oh well, tgif everyone!! we at least have the weekend to look forward to!!

and then monday & another week of THIS!
Yeah a weekend of no movement

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:48 pm

This one has Cartman, Lady GaGa, AND CHRISTOPHER WALKEN!!!

http://gorillamask.net/gm_media.php?sho ... e_id=27166

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:51 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:This one has Cartman, Lady GaGa, AND CHRISTOPHER WALKEN!!!

Nice!

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:00 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:This one has Cartman, Lady GaGa, AND CHRISTOPHER WALKEN!!!

lol kinda cheating for a mashup, since walken was clearly reading the lyrics to that song, but still funny.

what about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRigm_WAv3o ?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Burger in a can

Silver

Post by Burger in a can » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:20 pm

Well, it's a quarter past 4 here on the East Coast, and a Friday. Here's hopin' we hear more good news next week!

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:33 am

Anyone hear yet today?

Cupidity

Gold

Post by Cupidity » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:48 am

11/11 app, still not complete.

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:50 am

so I'm waiting on my acceptance package, has anyone gotten theirs yet and can tell me what it says?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:52 am

Cupidity wrote:11/11 app, still not complete.
I sent mine in the day before you and only heard last week, so don't get too worried.

panadera

Bronze

Post by panadera » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:52 am

Pearalegal wrote:so I'm waiting on my acceptance package, has anyone gotten theirs yet and can tell me what it says?
It says:
Congratulations!
Scholarship Offer
Post it notes
Random information on BU.
Seat deposit with envelope.

Seriously- congrats!

Edit: Random information is a viewbook, and a few sheets about accessing the admitted students website.
Last edited by panadera on Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MC Southstar

Silver

Post by MC Southstar » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:53 am

Cupidity wrote:11/11 app, still not complete.
10/28ish app, last doc was sent around 11/09, still not complete. I advise forgetting that BU exists for the time being lest you want to slay them.

painsinmysides

New

Post by painsinmysides » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:00 pm

IN at BU. Received a phone call last friday from admissions office.

167/3.7, RD

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”