Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nygrrrl

Gold

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:31 pm

SAE wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:Still complete as of 12/29.
+1. I doubt we'll be hearing anything for a few weeks at the earliest.
titcr
+1

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:31 pm

I know there was one person a few pages back on this thread who got in with a 12/29 complete date, but I would agree that it will at least be a few more weeks.

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:33 pm

Complete as of 1/29

I'm probably just not going to hear. hah

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:34 pm

sibley wrote:
even2flow wrote:
sibley wrote: Well they already know I have no work... and I even took over extra work of someone else's, after I've repeatedly said I don't have enough and they've done little about it. I could survive until August without working. Not happily, but.. well, if someone important finds out... GIVE ME MORE WORK.
Ha, that was NOT the response I expected. Surviving til August would mean you could quit today and be free until you start school in the Fall. I'm failing to see why you haven't done this already?

I have to pay school loans! I'd have to defer them in order to survive until August. Besides, work experience is good for me... and I was getting fat sitting at home watching tv.
Oh yeah, loans, those things are easy to forget about. Until they come after you. Sometimes when I'm bored at work (all the time) I think about what I'd do if I got into school and quit my job and took the rest of the time off before I start. My daydreaming is my favorite part of my day.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:03 pm

Wow, it seems like today has been insanely rough. Just wanted to offer support to everyone who got news today, good or bad. Fordham uses its WL like none other, so this is far from the end for people who are waiting. I won't be on until later tonight, since I'm running court errands for my supervising attorney. I just left housing court.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:14 pm

Well, ask and you shall receive I guess. Just got my letter from Columbia-- got waitlisted. To be honest, I expected a flat out reject, so I can't complain.

Fordham, please send me some good news. THANKS.

timertimer61

Bronze

Post by timertimer61 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:33 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Wow, it seems like today has been insanely rough. Just wanted to offer support to everyone who got news today, good or bad. Fordham uses its WL like none other, so this is far from the end for people who are waiting. I won't be on until later tonight, since I'm running court errands for my supervising attorney. I just left housing court.
why is fordham giving so many WL's this year? are their numbers going up?

brewinbruin

New

Post by brewinbruin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:01 pm

IN AT FORDHAM!!!

went complete on 11/2. although I did have a december lsat pending, the length of that complete was getting to me. doesn't seem like my wait was as long as others (re operasoprano), but I'm super excited about this

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:06 pm

brewinbruin wrote:IN AT FORDHAM!!!

went complete on 11/2. although I did have a december lsat pending, the length of that complete was getting to me. doesn't seem like my wait was as long as others (re operasoprano), but I'm super excited about this
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what were your numbers?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:14 pm

Kim617 wrote:

Yeah what were your numbers? and your soft factors? And congrats but don't be so excited, we're sitting shiva here!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:22 pm

Oh, Brewin - that is great news!

umichgrad

Bronze

Post by umichgrad » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Wow guys, I just dug out of the DC snowpocalypse to see the sad, sad news on this thread...so sorry for all those who were rejected (esp AlanShore...I guess my mental baked goods weren't so good?). Don't lose hope!! You'll get where you want to be, I'm sure of it.

And good luck to those on the WL...it's not over yet!

freebird

New

Post by freebird » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:30 pm

WL today via status checker

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:57 pm

Just wondering when the day is over? Like do Admissions offices close at 5pm and therefore I can stop obsessively checking until 9am the next day, at which point the vicious cycle starts all over again...

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Quick question: does anyone believe that putting higher ranked schools as "Other schools you've applied to" hurts your chances? I can't see any other reason for that to be on the application.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:03 pm

Kim617 wrote:Quick question: does anyone believe that putting higher ranked schools as "Other schools you've applied to" hurts your chances? I can't see any other reason for that to be on the application.
I think they just like to get an idea of what you're thinking about, where you're looking.

Joan Hollaway

Silver

Post by Joan Hollaway » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Kim617 wrote:Quick question: does anyone believe that putting higher ranked schools as "Other schools you've applied to" hurts your chances? I can't see any other reason for that to be on the application.
no, i put NYU and Columbia. HTH
it actually may have helped me cause they knew i wouldnt get into those and saw that i clearly had a NYC preference

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

brewinbruin

New

Post by brewinbruin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:17 pm

sibley wrote:
Kim617 wrote:

Yeah what were your numbers? and your soft factors? And congrats but don't be so excited, we're sitting shiva here!
174(mid-160's)/3.5x. average softs (leadership in student group of interest, study abroad, some work/internship experience). aiming for big city, so very happy with this acceptance.

and sorry to those who were waitlisted/dinged, i missed that part of the thread. thanks for the congrats though!
Last edited by brewinbruin on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brewinbruin

New

Post by brewinbruin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 pm

i really dont think this is a strong factor. I was expecting WL since I included a range of schools that are higher ranked than Fordham, but I was just accepted :D

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:21 pm

brewinbruin wrote:
i really dont think this is a strong factor. I was expecting WL since I included a range of schools that are higher ranked than Fordham, but I was just accepted :D
Cool. Just wondering. Also wondering if they flushed my app down the toilet.

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Rejecting/waitlisting someone on the basis of where else they were applying would be such a dick move.

I didn't realize schools were so big into yield protection until after I sent all my apps in and started coming here. ha!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Kim617 wrote:
brewinbruin wrote:
Cool. Just wondering. Also wondering if they flushed my app down the toilet.
LOL - Kim? Hai. Howareya. 11/16. :wink:

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:00 pm

nygrrrl wrote: LOL - Kim? Hai. Howareya. 11/16. :wink:

Soooo... this video reminds me of you, nygrrrl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq14D4ET5D8

It was on the tv when I read your last post.

'I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me....'
Last edited by sibley on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Post by fenderjsm88 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:07 pm

cherryalamode wrote:It looks like a lot of responses from the 12/1-12/2 complete dates.

I'm 12/9 so thats so close!

What a sad day on this thread.

As to those whose complete date was prior to December, maybe not hearing back at all is good news?
I'm a 12/9er as well! I've already been waitlisted at Illinois and Notre Dame so Fordham is pretty much my last shot at getting a categorical acceptance (no WL.) I'm sure we'll have decisions by the end of next week, if not sooner. Good luck!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:19 pm

sibley wrote:
nygrrrl wrote: LOL - Kim? Hai. Howareya. 11/16. :wink:

Soooo... this video reminds me of you, nygrrrl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq14D4ET5D8

It was on the tv when I read your last post.

'I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me....'
HAHAHA - and I LOVE the Westminster show, too! :mrgreen:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”