Fordham Waiting Room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
booboo

Silver

Re: Fordham Waiting Room

Post by booboo » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 am

nygrrrl wrote:(Again for Thursday, b/c I liked it so much on Wednesday....)

Estragon, sitting on a low mound, is trying to take off his boot. He pulls at it with both hands, panting. He gives up, exhausted, rests, tries again.
As before.
Enter Vladimir.

ESTRAGON: (giving up again). Nothing to be done.
VLADIMIR: (advancing with short, stiff strides, legs wide apart).
I'm beginning to come round to that opinion. All my life I've tried to put it from me,
saying, Vladimir, be reasonable, you haven't yet tried everything. And I resumed the
struggle. (He broods, musing on the struggle. Turning to Estragon.) So there
you are again.

Welcome back, Party People. Happy Thursday.
Excellent piece to take out, this was a funny/weird play. Definitely enjoyable. :).

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:12 am

Wow, you guys are at it early this morning. I thought I was going to be the first one here.

I did get distracted by reading wtf happened at that TM thread though. Looks awesome.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:14 am

even2flow wrote:Wow, you guys are at it early this morning. I thought I was going to be the first one here.

I did get distracted by reading wtf happened at that TM thread though. Looks awesome.
Crazy, right?
Ya, I'm here early, today. I just have to think there will be some movement on the PT lists, today or tomorrow...

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:50 am

nygrrrl wrote:
even2flow wrote:Wow, you guys are at it early this morning. I thought I was going to be the first one here.

Crazy, right?
Ya, I'm here early, today. I just have to think there will be some movement on the PT lists, today or tomorrow...
Let's hope so!

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:44 am

even2flow wrote:OK, time for self-analysis

I think I'm just kinda irked that there's nothing I can do at this point. When I was taking the LSAT, I could always study a bit more. When I was writing my PS, I could always tweak it or totally scrap it and start over. When I was hunting down my professors for LoRs I could always send them just one more nagging message.

Now I don't even know what to do with myself, because I can't think of anything else I could work on to help my app. I really should re-invest in my hobbies. Or get another girlfriend or something. Anything but...ya know, focus on my work.

Anyone else feeling this way?
Yeah, basically. That's why we're all here in the waiting room. At this point we could have started a book club and read 3 books (one per month)!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:00 am

rockthelaw wrote: Yeah, basically. That's why we're all here in the waiting room. At this point we could have started a book club and read 3 books (one per month)!
Ugh, I've been like 50 pgs away from the end of World War Z for like 2 or 3 months at this point. There's a stack of books I've been accumulating on my shelf that I keep meaning to read, but that hasn't happened.

Instead, I finally watched Rushmore last night. I enjoyed it.

I could also productively use this time to update my Netflix.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:01 am

even2flow wrote:
rockthelaw wrote: Yeah, basically. That's why we're all here in the waiting room. At this point we could have started a book club and read 3 books (one per month)!
Ugh, I've been like 50 pgs away from the end of World War Z for like 2 or 3 months at this point. There's a stack of books I've been accumulating on my shelf that I keep meaning to read, but that hasn't happened.

Ha, I actually read World War Z last month. Pretty good read. I heard that it's going to be made into a movie.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:05 am

Yeah I heard that too, I have no idea how they can effectively do that. I was thinking either do the story of the war, or do the interviews and tell it through flashbacks, but the books not totally chronological, so the movie would be all over the place.

Good zombie movie tho: 28 Days Later. Loved that movie, and I typically don't care for monster movies.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:05 am

even2flow wrote:

I loved World War Z. For some reason, it took me 6 months to read cover-to-cover, so it's interesting to me that you stopped 50 pages from the end. I think I did something really similar. I typically finish books of that length within a week or two.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:09 am

tesoro wrote: I loved World War Z. For some reason, it took me 6 months to read cover-to-cover, so it's interesting to me that you stopped 50 pages from the end. I think I did something really similar. I typically finish books of that length within a week or two.
I think the style it's written in is tough to stomach for long periods, and it's not too much action or suspense, so you're not really like "Oh crap, what happens next?" Because you know we eventually win the war, I'm at the part now where they're talking about re-taking the infected zones, so I dunno how its gonna happen (or if they went over it, I forgot about it), so I have some motivation to finish it, but get easily distracted. Doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it though, it's pretty cool despite my slow pace.

rockthelaw

Bronze

Post by rockthelaw » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:10 am

tesoro wrote:
even2flow wrote:

I loved World War Z. For some reason, it took me 6 months to read cover-to-cover, so it's interesting to me that you stopped 50 pages from the end. I think I did something really similar. I typically finish books of that length within a week or two.
It took me about 60 pages to start enjoying it, but after that I was done in about 2 days. The stories just got so much more interesting as the book progressed. I loved the Japanese zombie-martial arts.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:11 am

rockthelaw wrote:It took me about 60 pages to start enjoying it, but after that I was done in about 2 days. The stories just got so much more interesting as the book progressed. I loved the Japanese zombie-martial arts.
Oh you mean that blind dude who survived in the wilderness? that was pretty bad ass. Or the crazy lady who thought she was talking to MetsFan.

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:13 am

good morning guys! yes lets hope for some pt movement today and ft movement for me!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:47 am

Here's to another day of waiting! I'm doubting anything this week, but maybe next? A girl can dream!

H. E. Pennypacker

Silver

Post by H. E. Pennypacker » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:56 am

Kim617 wrote:Here's to another day of waiting! I'm doubting anything this week, but maybe next? A girl can dream!
See, now you're embracing it!

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:01 pm

man i just hope fordham doesnt wait another 3 weeks before we see more movement

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:08 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:
Kim617 wrote:Here's to another day of waiting! I'm doubting anything this week, but maybe next? A girl can dream!
See, now you're embracing it!
YESSSSS - we've won over another one!! :mrgreen:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Joan Hollaway

Silver

Post by Joan Hollaway » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:10 pm

popping it to say good luck today to the nicest thread on TLS :D

umichgrad

Bronze

Post by umichgrad » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:15 pm

goooood luck everybody!! this is my birthday week, and my birthday wish is that you all get in.

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:18 pm

umichgrad wrote:goooood luck everybody!! this is my birthday week, and my birthday wish is that you all get in.
Ha, wow, that's generous of you. I always wish for a pony.

umichgrad

Bronze

Post by umichgrad » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:20 pm

even2flow wrote:
umichgrad wrote:goooood luck everybody!! this is my birthday week, and my birthday wish is that you all get in.

Already got one :wink:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

even2flow

Silver

Post by even2flow » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:22 pm

umichgrad wrote:
even2flow wrote:

Jeeeealous! Aren't you already in Fordham too? I know who I'm robbing next Christmas.

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:35 pm

eviee wrote:popping it to say good luck today to the nicest thread on TLS :D
<3 :mrgreen:

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Thank you, UMICH! Happy Birthday Week! (My sister has slowly expanded hers to Birthday Month...)

umichgrad

Bronze

Post by umichgrad » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:10 pm

even2flow wrote:
umichgrad wrote:
even2flow wrote:

Jeeeealous! Aren't you already in Fordham too? I know who I'm robbing next Christmas.

Haha please don't. I don't actually have a pony. And yes I am in at Fordham, got incredibly lucky on that one. I'm leaning towards GW for geographical and personal reasons, but I'd love to be in a class with y'all lovely folks next year :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”