IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jericwithers

Gold

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:42 am

existenz wrote:I got the $76,500 scholly today! Came through snail mail in a small letter.

Very bummed that I won't be at ASW. They scheduled it the same weekend as Michigan's.
Check the weather forecast then come to Texas.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:51 am

Jericwithers wrote:
existenz wrote:I got the $76,500 scholly today! Came through snail mail in a small letter.

Very bummed that I won't be at ASW. They scheduled it the same weekend as Michigan's.
If only. My plane ticket to Detroit is non-refundable.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:53 am

existenz wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

If only. My plane ticket to Detroit is non-refundable.
I'm sure all tickets to Detroit are non-refundable; that is the only reason they get any travel. Ignore the sunk costs though and come to Texas :D

RhubarbPie

Bronze

Post by RhubarbPie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:10 pm

I just got dinged via status checker. I'm not disappointed, but I guess a little confused. According to LSP I am an auto-admit. I don't think there is something wrong with my application as I'm in at T10. Does Texas not accept a lot of international students? Has this happened to anyone else with numbers that should be an accept? Just curious...

ornbarn

New

Post by ornbarn » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Does the status checker ever update to 'in review' or something. I feel like I've been at complete for so long...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:31 pm

hykang wrote:I just got dinged via status checker. I'm not disappointed, but I guess a little confused. According to LSP I am an auto-admit. I don't think there is something wrong with my application as I'm in at T10. Does Texas not accept a lot of international students? Has this happened to anyone else with numbers that should be an accept? Just curious...
what's your gpa? lsp doesn't take into account gpa floors, and based on lsn, Texas doesn't seem to look too kindly on sub 3.5 GPAs regardless of lsat

RhubarbPie

Bronze

Post by RhubarbPie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:45 pm

f0bolous wrote:
hykang wrote:I just got dinged via status checker. I'm not disappointed, but I guess a little confused. According to LSP I am an auto-admit. I don't think there is something wrong with my application as I'm in at T10. Does Texas not accept a lot of international students? Has this happened to anyone else with numbers that should be an accept? Just curious...
what's your gpa? lsp doesn't take into account gpa floors, and based on lsn, Texas doesn't seem to look too kindly on sub 3.5 GPAs regardless of lsat
Its well above 3.5 :-/

cf456

New

Post by cf456 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Waitlisted. 168/3.45 (terrible freshman year, 3.8 or 4.0 every semester since)/bilingual/in-state. Want to cry. Will stay hopeful 'til August. Do any admits know if there's a specific deadline for y'all to make a decision/deposit? Thanks.

catharsis

Bronze

Post by catharsis » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Zara wrote:In with a $84,000 scholarship. I will be withdrawing though to go to another school. I really hope my spot and money will go to one of you still waiting to hear! Good luck!
can i have it? PLEASE!?!!? lol :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cendien

Bronze

Post by cendien » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:25 pm

Waitlisted today as well. 3.37/168/in state. Disappointing, but I wasn't really expecting to get in. I'll probably ride the waitlist through July and see what happens. I can't imagine changing plans in August, but maybe I'll be more willing to when that time rolls around. We'll see!

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:26 pm

cendien wrote:Waitlisted today as well. 3.37/168/in state. Disappointing, but I wasn't really expecting to get in. I'll probably ride the waitlist through July and see what happens. I can't imagine changing plans in August, but maybe I'll be more willing to when that time rolls around. We'll see!
sorry to hear! know how that feels..

lawstudent119

New

Post by lawstudent119 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:43 pm

For those that were waitlisted today, did your status checker change? Did you get an e-mail? Curious as to how people are finding out in the middle of the day. Really would love to stop checking my status checker all day.

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:49 pm

lawstudent119 wrote:For those that were waitlisted today, did your status checker change? Did you get an e-mail? Curious as to how people are finding out in the middle of the day. Really would love to stop checking my status checker all day.
I was waitlisted last week. It showed up on my status checker. The following morning I received an email.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lawstudent119

New

Post by lawstudent119 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:00 pm

utcris410 wrote:
lawstudent119 wrote:For those that were waitlisted today, did your status checker change? Did you get an e-mail? Curious as to how people are finding out in the middle of the day. Really would love to stop checking my status checker all day.
I was waitlisted last week. It showed up on my status checker. The following morning I received an email.
Thanks for the info... and sorry about the WL. I expect mine any day now!

cf456

New

Post by cf456 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Status checker changed around 2 p.m. Haven't received an email.

ziggystardust23

New

Post by ziggystardust23 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:24 pm

WLed today :( 167/3.4, in-state, UT undergrad student so this hurts! Does anyone know if Texas actually takes people from the waitlist?

pearl_earrings

Bronze

Post by pearl_earrings » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:01 am

IN by phone call today!!!!
I hadn't heard anything since submitting in November, so this acceptance really caught me by surprise!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:18 am

Waitlisted

OOS URM 163/3.29

Expected a ding....do people get off the waitlist?

Edit: I am still really surprised by this since my numbers are not up to snuff with alot of people on this board. I think this is the first time my personal statement actually did something for me....

Dear Mr. chicoalto0649,

I regret that The University of Texas School of Law cannot offer you
admission to the 2010 entering class at this time.I ALMOST STOPPED READING HERE AND WAS ABOUT TO DELETE THE E-MAIL- PLEASE BE MORE UPFRONT WITH APPLICANTS ABOUT BEING WAITLISTED!!!! Each year, we are
faced with the difficult dilemma of having a greater number of
competitive applicants than we have "seats" in the class. Keeping this
in mind, we would like to offer you a place on our waitlist.

colemf

Bronze

Post by colemf » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:31 am

chicoalto0649 wrote:Waitlisted

OOS URM 163/3.29

Edit: I am still really surprised by this since my numbers are not up to snuff with alot of people on this board. I think this is the first time my personal statement actually did something for me....

Dear Mr. chicoalto0649,

admission to the 2010 entering class at this time.I ALMOST STOPPED READING HERE AND WAS ABOUT TO DELETE THE E-MAIL- PLEASE BE MORE UPFRONT WITH APPLICANTS ABOUT BEING WAITLISTED!!!! Each year, we are
Are you a TX resident?

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:33 am

colemf wrote:

OOS URM 163/3.29

Dear Mr. chicoalto0649,

Are you a TX resident?

Nope....

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:36 am

OOS URM 163/3.29

Dear Mr. chicoalto0649,

Sorry to hear that # twin! I was WL'd too..last week.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:38 am

secant wrote:
Burberry by Burberry wrote:I called the UT Admissions Office and the woman I spoke with mentioned that UT has not had to consider the Waitlist in the past few years. :|
LSN shows 4 "WL, Accepted" from last year but all of them were residents. Although I suppose the admissions office is a much better source of information.
:|

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:43 am

utcris410 wrote:
secant wrote:
Burberry by Burberry wrote:I called the UT Admissions Office and the woman I spoke with mentioned that UT has not had to consider the Waitlist in the past few years. :|
LSN shows 4 "WL, Accepted" from last year but all of them were residents. Although I suppose the admissions office is a much better source of information.
How long you willing to slug it out on the waitlist numbers twin? I am guessing by your username a lot longer than me :(

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 am

utcris410 wrote:
secant wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and call BS on the admissions office for saying that....I do not think that would be the case for any school

meowmeow

Bronze

Post by meowmeow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:45 am

Does the status checker ever go to "under review" or anything. Ive been at complete since December and actually never check since I thought it was like Columbias whose never changed from complete

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”