Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
squelp

New

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by squelp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:19 am

Hey guys. I went complete 10/3 but applied RD. Got a nice email from someone at the admissions office suggesting I change my app to EA, so I'm looking forward to a decision relatively soon.

RCTP

New

Post by RCTP » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:21 am

Did we have to select EA or are we automatically considered EA if we have our apps in by a certain date? I sent mine mid-October and thought I would be considered early action, but I don't remember indicating it anywhere on the form

squelp

New

Post by squelp » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:10 am

RCTP wrote:Did we have to select EA or are we automatically considered EA if we have our apps in by a certain date? I sent mine mid-October and thought I would be considered early action, but I don't remember indicating it anywhere on the form
If you didn't check it I don't think you're automatically considered EA, but they may ask if you'd like to be (that's what they did with me).

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:50 am

Ugh I can't believe it's already been two months since I applied. Is this time absolutely flying by for anyone else?

Shaggier1

Silver

Post by Shaggier1 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:19 am

I talked to someone in admissions about my status being "applied" for 3 weeks. She was really nice. She said it should change to complete soon. I'd rather it change to "admitted," but whatever.
Haha, imagine if you have said that to the admissions counselor you spoke with.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kcg171

New

Post by kcg171 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:59 am

Shaggier1 wrote:
I talked to someone in admissions about my status being "applied" for 3 weeks. She was really nice. She said it should change to complete soon. I'd rather it change to "admitted," but whatever.
Haha, imagine if you have said that to the admissions counselor you spoke with.
maybe i should call back :)

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:52 am

ooooh, pretty pic!! thanks for posting, haven't seen that one before...

BigJiggaJ87

New

Post by BigJiggaJ87 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:12 am

Just submitted my EA app last night. Let the waiting begin...

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:23 pm

SilverE2 wrote:Ugh I can't believe it's already been two months since I applied. Is this time absolutely flying by for anyone else?
Hmm I feel the exact opposite way.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:27 pm

I've been EA complete since 10/8.

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:28 pm

crackberry wrote:
SilverE2 wrote:Ugh I can't believe it's already been two months since I applied. Is this time absolutely flying by for anyone else?
Hmm I feel the exact opposite way.
My life is flying me by.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:34 pm

Just recently applied EA, no response yet. Thinking happy thoughts about moonbeams and pixie dust.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:47 pm

NayBoer wrote:Just recently applied EA, no response yet. Thinking happy thoughts about moonbeams and pixie dust.
FWIW, it took a while for me to get the status checker and took a while for them to move to me to complete.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Apple Tree

Bronze

Post by Apple Tree » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:06 pm

tintin wrote:ooooh, pretty pic!! thanks for posting, haven't seen that one before...
hey we have the exact same stats :D ... Where else are you applying?

Jacques

Bronze

Post by Jacques » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:20 pm

I know it's not required this year until after you're accepted, but have most people already sent in their Dean's Certification? Can anyone think of a good reason why you wouldn't want to have it in? The only reason I could think of is if there was some sort of academic unpleasantness in your past that you're somehow unaware of.

Also, I'm really chewing my nails off as to whether I'm going to make EA -- my application's been in for ages, but my UG transcript just got processed today (the other two have been up for ages, and this one took almost three weeks) -- will I get my Academic Summary Report in time? Any predictions/experiences?

lhfan

New

Post by lhfan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:51 pm

For me at least, the Summary Report was completed pretty quick. I think you should be fine. A week to process it and another week for the report to get sent to the school to make the deadline.

CoutureChiq

Bronze

Post by CoutureChiq » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Does Cornell request a paper LSAC report or a image one?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wired

Bronze

Post by wired » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:43 pm

CoutureChiq wrote:Does Cornell request a paper LSAC report or a image one?
My LSAC report says paper which has me worried that my app might not make it complete before the Nov. 1st deadline.

kcg171

New

Post by kcg171 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:43 pm

wired wrote:
CoutureChiq wrote:Does Cornell request a paper LSAC report or a image one?
My LSAC report says paper which has me worried that my app might not make it complete before the Nov. 1st deadline.
For EA, you just need to apply by the 1st. You don't have to be complete until the 15th.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:34 am

Helmholtz wrote:
NayBoer wrote:Just recently applied EA, no response yet. Thinking happy thoughts about moonbeams and pixie dust.
FWIW, it took a while for me to get the status checker and took a while for them to move to me to complete.
Thanks. They actually emailed me yesterday with the status checker. Hoping the complete won't be too far behind since I already sent in all I need. Glad they stopped requiring the Dean cert at this stage.

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:36 pm

Apple Tree wrote:
tintin wrote:ooooh, pretty pic!! thanks for posting, haven't seen that one before...

eeehhh way too many places!! Berkeley, Cornell, and Michigan are the places I'm most anxious to get into. Super-reaches are NYU, Stanford, and Chicago- though I'm actually only really stoked on Stanford...I also applied to UCLA, USC, Penn, UVA, Duke, BU, Georgetown, W&M...couple others that I"m forgetting...

how about you?
also, are you on LSN?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

hoopsguy6

Bronze

Post by hoopsguy6 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:46 pm

Just sent in my app yesterday! Anyone else surprised by the number of school who request paper reports? Almost all the schools in my list did.

Apple Tree

Bronze

Post by Apple Tree » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:58 pm

tintin wrote:
Apple Tree wrote:
eeehhh way too many places!! Berkeley, Cornell, and Michigan are the places I'm most anxious to get into. Super-reaches are NYU, Stanford, and Chicago- though I'm actually only really stoked on Stanford...I also applied to UCLA, USC, Penn, UVA, Duke, BU, Georgetown, W&M...couple others that I"m forgetting...

how about you?
also, are you on LSN?
It looks like we applied to a lot of the same schools, except I didn't even try NYU/Stanford...I don't have any amazing softs. I also applied to more southern schools like UT, UA, Vandy. Didn't apply GULC...somehow DC doesn't seem very attractive to me. :P

I'm on LSN under the same username, but somehow my name is not showing up in the list. I think it's because I didn't confirm my account when I first registered so I might have to create another one. Are you thinking about retaking the lsat? I'm thinking about it because I feel like I might get more money from some schools if I get a higher score (big if).

js87

Bronze

Post by js87 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:20 pm

I know that through EA we're supposed to hear by mid-December, but does anyone know if they start sending decisions prior to that? Any chance for decisions in November?

eddieg803

New

Post by eddieg803 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:35 pm

I'm in the process of applying right now, and I found it a little funny that they want an end date for my permanent address. You think they will see the humor if I put 12/21/2012?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”