Cornell waiting room Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sques001

New

Re: Cornell waiting room

Post by sques001 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Decision reached 6/29... i'm on the "official" summer waitlist. The agonizing wait continues.. I wonder how many people got the letter and if any at all got denied.. Lets see how many more levels of WL there are lol..

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Confirmed. Decision 7/2 = DING!

unknownscholar

Bronze

Post by unknownscholar » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:06 pm

my decision was on 7/2 and they placed me on the summer wait list.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:29 pm

SAE wrote:Confirmed. Decision 7/2 = DING!
Numbers? Range if not comfortable posting exact numbers.

JusticeHarlan

Gold

Post by JusticeHarlan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Mail arrived today, summer wait list. :|

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Thomas Jefferson

Bronze

Post by Thomas Jefferson » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Summer waitlist people: does it say you can arrange an interview with admissions, as previous waitlisters could?

unknownscholar

Bronze

Post by unknownscholar » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:45 pm

Thomas Jefferson wrote:Summer waitlist people: does it say you can arrange an interview with admissions, as previous waitlisters could?
nope. and it says deferring is out of the question, too.

SilverE2

Silver

Post by SilverE2 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:31 pm

7/2 Waitlisted

ezryder609

New

Post by ezryder609 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:37 am

SilverE2 wrote:7/2 Waitlisted
ME TOO

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ninjagirl

New

Post by ninjagirl » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:07 pm

Just e-mailed my letter withdrawing from the class of 2013. Very sad to have to do it because I was excited to go to Cornell. Good luck to those on the waiting list!

ChinaMex

New

Post by ChinaMex » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:28 am

raycharles86 wrote:yes. Until the very end.
are you going to stay on the list even past the tuition refund date at the school you're currently going to? I'm debating with myself if Cornell would be worth losing 15-20k investment.

jackwhiteiii

New

Post by jackwhiteiii » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:02 am

It may be shooting myself in the foot to tell you to stay on, but its SO effing worth it.

raycharles86

New

Post by raycharles86 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:43 am

No... that would be the so called end... Sadly. Not going to a 60k+ law school wasting 20k on another place, that'd be more than 80k for the first year.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ChinaMex

New

Post by ChinaMex » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:27 pm

raycharles86 wrote:No... that would be the so called end... Sadly. Not going to a 60k+ law school wasting 20k on another place, that'd be more than 80k for the first year.
haha good I was thinking I was taking crazy pills for calling it quits. Fingers crossed it won't get that bad :-)

Thomas Jefferson

Bronze

Post by Thomas Jefferson » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Dinged. 7/2. Did anybody else who was rejected have a couple lines in the letter saying to apply to transfer to Cornell next year if it's your first choice?

el jefe

New

Post by el jefe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:59 pm

Hmmm....the feeling of an incoming rejection is in the air.....am back at 4/28 for some reason now....

Snoopy1216

Bronze

Post by Snoopy1216 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Last edited by Snoopy1216 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sques001

New

Post by sques001 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:07 pm

I called yesterday to ask if they would be granting interviews to those on the WL and they said yes, but that the class was filled already. So i really doubt that incurring the extra expense of visiting for the interview would make a significant difference. Right now they are pretty much just waiting to hear back from those that they offered an acceptance off the waitlist. This really lowers my hopes of getting in :-(

viapaz

New

Post by viapaz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:35 pm

My status checker hasn't changed dates since 3/30/10. I called the admission office after reading these posts about reserve updates and they said a decision was just made on my application today but I had to either wait for the letter or call in a couple of days. I don't have the numbers to get in, but I'm still wondering where I am at if my status hasn't changed and a lot on here said their status was updated...

el jefe

New

Post by el jefe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:52 pm

I too heavily lack the numbers to get in. I was at first at decision in june, now i am on the 4/28 bandwagon. Either ways, its not looking too good.

I dont even know why I am posting here, there is no way i will get in. Cornell for me is like the hot chick I know I could never get. I see her every day and know she is wayyy outta my league but a few months ago she walked by me and said hi _______ so all of a sudden I cant stop thinking about her. I mean I know she is too good for me but she did say hi. She did not have to, but she did so there might be a chance. But I gotta put things into perspective, she was just probably being nice.....

jackwhiteiii

New

Post by jackwhiteiii » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:22 pm

I've been at decision since 4/28 and it hasn't changed once-- I called today, and they said that a decision has been made on my file, but they couldn't release it over the phone until Thursday. URM with great softs, really strong LORs from Congresswoman I know personally, a USC professor, and my community center, strong softs, good grades, and a poor LSAT. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn I'll post results Thursday.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

el jefe

New

Post by el jefe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Ahh, so this all makes sense now. They have segregated us URM's into a separate pile (I mean we kinda already knew that anyways). Well considering that this is most likely the end for me especially after seeing jwhiteiii's softs and my lack of them as well as what most might consider piss poor stats, I bid u all farewell and good luck.

raycharles86

New

Post by raycharles86 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:27 pm

jackwhiteiii wrote:I've been at decision since 4/28 and it hasn't changed once-- I called today, and they said that a decision has been made on my file, but they couldn't release it over the phone until Thursday. URM with great softs, really strong LORs from Congresswoman I know personally, a USC professor, and my community center, strong softs, good grades, and a poor LSAT. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn I'll post results Thursday.
I hope you receive good news. What are your numbers if you don't mind sharing. Oh and if you get in, please let us know.

We are not separate piles. I'm a URM and received a decision last week.

unknownscholar

Bronze

Post by unknownscholar » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:42 pm

el jefe wrote:Ahh, so this all makes sense now. They have segregated us URM's into a separate pile (I mean we kinda already knew that anyways). Well considering that this is most likely the end for me especially after seeing jwhiteiii's softs and my lack of them as well as what most might consider piss poor stats, I bid u all farewell and good luck.

what? Are you suggesting that the only people who haven't gotten a decision are minorities? Or that they consider URMs last? I'm pretty sure my decision came in a batch with non-URMs on 7/2. They could have waited a week or two to put me in the URM batch, if that was the case.

I know it's frustrating to be waiting so long and all, but it doesn't look great for anyone waiting at this point, URM or not. No need to have a cow about it. Use this as fuel to get the numbers you want and re-apply if you're super set on a Cornell Law education. If you've lasted this long without a ding, consider it as an indication that they really liked you among the masses (especially given the 52% increase in their apps). With better numbers, you'll give them an extra excuse to give you a shot next time around.

el jefe

New

Post by el jefe » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough about what i meant. Allow me to reiterate. After seeing that u guys got waitlisted, perhaps we are the reject/admit (highly doubt) URM pile. How does that sound?

Sorry if it is hard to gauge my attitude, but I can assure u that I am not frustrated. In fact, I was taking an unsuccessful stab at being humorous. And no I don't have a cow and I don't ever plan on ever having one, nor will I wait another year to reapply. Studying for the lsat again would be hell. Cornell is grand but i have had enough of this process. I'm gonna take it like a man and head on to law school. Good luck.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”